Wir helfen Unternehmen in der Schweiz

Über Square for Retail

Egal, ob du online oder im Geschäft verkaufst, du kannst Square for Retail für dein Einzelhandelsgeschäft einsetzen, unabhängig von deiner Größe oder deinem Stil.

Erfahre mehr über Square for Retail

They offered the first $1,000 of sales with no fees due to a referral and you can share a code so the referrer and the referral recipient can both get that discount. What a great way to start.

It requires internet connection, so it cannot be used is there is poor or no network/wifi or you cannot hotspot. Fees can sometimes be pricey on the business.

Bewertungen zu Square for Retail

4.7
4.4
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

Square for Retail hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 476 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie Square for Retail bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Thomas
Thomas
video producer
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worked great even in a rural area.

5.0 letztes Jahr
Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Chase
Chase
IT Sales in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for entrepreneurs

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Janet

Great Point of sale system

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Awesome and after using two other point of sale systems we have had no issues with the system going down. Very reliable.

Easy to use! Download the App and get setup. I just recently bought their Square Register and it is awesome. Customer service will help you get the right APP for your business.

Been using their credit card device for well over a year and have never had any issues. There isn’t one thing i don’t like.

REBECCA
WARRANTY CLERK in USA
Software für die Automobilindustrie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

SO SIMPLE TO GET STARTED

5.0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

EASY AND USER FRIENDLY, SIMPLE TO DO NIGHTLY ACCOUNTING

THE RESET BUTTON IS ON A WEIRD SPOT. SOMETIMES IT TAKES A VERY LONG TIME TO PROCESS A CARD.

Melanie
Business Owner in USA
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

They Allow Fraud and Theft

1.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Horrible experience. Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square:
Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause
Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos
Absolute fraud.

People understand how to use it, so it's widely accepted as a valid method of payment and no one is nervous about using it (they should be!)

Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square: Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos A chain of her emails, including an email after her event thanking us for job well done Despite this proof and legally binding contract, Square sided with her and removed the funds from my account. I had to sit with my bank to file a dispute with Square, put a hold on all charges by Square, and start using an entirely different payment processor just to avoid Square stealing my money. Absolute fraud.

Laly Noya
CEO in USA
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Square for Retail

5.0 vor 3 Monaten

Kommentare: Since using Square for Retail my business has been running efficiently. Also, my customers are able to purchase without any hassle.

I love using Square for Retail software. This software makes it easier for my customers to shop.

I don’t dislike anything about using this software.

Coree
Fashion Retailer in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Dannyelle
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Online Ordering through Retail

4.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: Overall great, we use Square throughout our business and it covers our bases. A few flaws that can get frustrating here and there in the matter of being able to customize things to do exactly what we need it to be, but overall it's pretty good!

We specifically use Square for Restaurants POS system for our taproom system, which also ties into our mobile payments, but we do use Square for Retail as the basis for our online ordering page through Wix, as it works best for hosting that site for orders. It works great, we can track inventory and orders and such, it does what we need it to do!

Honestly, the only thing I wish was different was that we didn't have to use Retail and could just use Restaurants for our online ordering, but the retails works for it better and it functions so it's fine.

Katherine
Katherine
Editor in USA
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square is the Obvious Choice for POS Vendors

5.0 letztes Jahr

It is reliable for customers and easy to use by our staff.

We haven't come up with any complaints other than minor difficulties with connectivity in certain situations beyond Squares control.

Chad
Chad
Chair Elect in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Best POS for a small non-profit or business

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Great fast point of sale software that does what it does very well.

This software provides the best tools for managing sales on a small scale. It is fast, easy to use,and full featured.

Honestly, this is one of the least expensive options out there but it would be nice to not lose the service charges from our income.

Demi

Easy to use

5.0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Pretty good! I’ve heard about other people’s issues, but haven’t had them for myself. It’s easy, and worth the discount given to get the reader.

It’s very simple to use, everything is right there for you, walking you through every step.

Sometimes based on your internet, it can be a pain to work with. Make sure your somewhere with a good signal.

Kathryn
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Awesome Product

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square for Outdoor Retail Transactions

4.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Square is accessible with a low entry cost and it allows users to get into the point-of-sale with credit cards easily. Per transaction cost is expensive. Now that certain banks offer the same buffering that Square does (at one time, Square was one of only a few), I believe I would have been better off selecting a local bank to work with that has a lower per transaction fee. However, for me, the customer service really is the downfall of Square. While everything is working, all is good. Once a problem arises, it becomes dicey.

If you are in an outdoor recreational type of business, Square works well because it does not require internet to complete a transactions. It's buffering capabiity provides 72 hours of time between a transaction and when it must be connected to the internet to "send" the transaction . This allowed us work near a riverbank where internet was not available and still accept credit cards. This was hugely important.

On one occasion, we had a transaction which billed double on the customer's credit card yet we only received payment once. Her bank directed her to us. Square's customer service was dismal. I ended up just eating the $150 transaction vs. attempting to work with them. Had I used a local bank, I think this would have been resolved with much more ease.

Keturah
Executive Assistant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple and easy to use

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: My experience with it has been very good. To the point that I have no need or desire to change it. I can save peoples data on file to make that easier for them. I can run necessary reports as needed. I could do more with it however we really don't have the need for it.

I use this for 2 purposes, 1) for our synagogue's gift shop and sales 2) as an option for our members to submit their tithes and offerings. I have both the simple square reader that I can use from my iphone as well as the stabilized system that holds the ipad with the card swiper and chip reader attachment. It is just so easy to use. I also like that the funds are moved to our accounts with out me having to move it or request it to be moved. I also like that the fee is taken out first then the amount is deposited rather that the full amound being deposited and a fee taken out monthly. It just simplifies it.

I really don't have any complaints about it. I have used it before in my personal business and recommended it for the synagogue. There was a time that you would have had to invest in a credit card machine that was much more expensive. I am glad that something like square came along.

Chace
Freelance graphic artist in USA
Animationssoftware, Selbstständig

Square is the catalyst to making my passion have value.

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: I am a freelance graphic artist. I use this software to make it easy to put value in my art. I now have the easiest way to my a living on my work anywhere I am or will be. Overall wonderful experience.

The most favorable feature in using square is its simplicity. In less than 10 minutes I was all set up with full understanding of how the software worked. It was quick and clean and practically effortless. When I was all finished I couldn’t believe it I said “ wow, really? That’s it? I’m done?” Great interface with extremely user-friendly and modern design.

I honestly have no complaints. I have yet to run into any bugs or performance issues. Which, when there’s money involved is hard to come across and a very crucial detail. I had to speak with an operator one time and that was a fault entirely of my own and was user-friendly and convenient. He was helpful and the issue was rectified within minutes. Sorry but really can’t say a bad thing yet.

Tahnee
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

5.0 vor 7 Jahren

I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great tool for any small business

5.0 vor 6 Jahren

Both interfaces are very easy to use. There are many features to make your business look professional, like sending receipts via email and text and asking for feedback after a transaction. Adding line items is very easy, which is convenient for businesses that are changing prices or items frequently.

As much as I love this product it could definitely still use some tweaking. The biggest complaint is the fact that you are forced to buy multiple card readers for your iPad because they stop reading cards after a while which subsequently forces you to enter the card manually which you are then charged more money for.

Steve
Youth Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Square - Useful for Churches as Well!

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: We have used Square to help facilitate receiving CC payments from our "customers" in both our church's coffee shop and book resource center, and it has been great! I would definitely recommend this to any church trying to open a coffee shop or book resource center of their own.

I appreciate how Square has so easily integrated into our church's in-house coffee shop and also our church's book resource center (like a small book store). Square just makes the running of our coffee shop and book resource center so EASY!

The only drawback that I can see is that, in our church, we have a population of individuals who may be unfamiliar with the idea of swiping a credit card through a device attached to an iPad... I can see how the "newness" of this tool might be daunting to some individuals (and thus potentially hinder them from using it), but on the whole, this is a very SMALL concern. So far, the "pros" have FAR outweighed the "cons"!

Travis
Operations Manager in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The new way to handle Point of sale

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: We started using Square just for events then migrated to using it for all of our credit card transactions and now we use it for our entire point of sale.

The overall ease of use is great. But the real winner for our organization was that the merchant fees were so much more reasonable than our prior merchant. The ability to track inventory is also very helpful, and has simplified my life.

The void system being only for restaurant usage is a bit frustrating. The reporting system could also use more options for customization.

Self Employed in USA

One Stop, Square for Retail

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Auditing inventory is so easy, you can set alerts to remind you when stock gets low. I can collect money anywhere I am and online. This gets deposited in my bank account within 24 hours usually. The reports are easy for anyone to understand. I can also get a vendor sales report so I can see which of my vendors have the hottest selling items.

I love that I do not need any other applications to manage my payments and inventory. I have everything at my finger tips with this application.

I know some people complain about the service charges. 2.6% plus $.10 per transaction at the time of this review.

Larry
owner/Inspector in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No confusing statements

4.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: I am a mobile type business and also can easily take payment over the phone or easily swipe a card if available, without carrying around a very large terminal.

It is easy to use and I know exactly what my fees are going to be as it is not dependent on a certain type of card which may unknowingly charge me a higher rate. Overall the platform is easy to use.

I really don't have any thing bad to say about the software or platform except maybe I do wonder about if I ever have to contact customer service I have heard that is very hard to get problems addressed or make personal contact with a customer service representative.

Tammy
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square for Retail makes life simplier

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Square enables me to be able to sell remote without having to add pricey equipment.

We have used Square in our retail location for over 2 years now. We also utilize the system for mobile sales. We love being able to use one system for both. Square doesn't require extensive training and is self explanatory.

I would love to be able to text our customers to broadcast announcements, sales, etc. This is currently not an option which requires us to have additional third party software.

Jerry
Computer-Hardware, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great solution

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Inexpensive to buy! Swipers are free and chip readers are only 49.00. Square is easy to use in store or out of store. Processing fees are the lowest I've found anywhere.

Make sure you use a tablet thats fast. Don't buy a cheap tablet of 30.00. pay upward of 75.00 other wise its very slow.

James
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Easy to get started and expand as you grow!

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Outstanding overall. Square is super reliable and user friendly.

I like how easy it is to create a great looking online storefront. Clean and simple design options, easy to add/delete items, keep track of inventory, and an endless list of benefits!

It is limited as far as page layout and imagery! The gift card function is not displayable on the product pages... or if it is I've not yet figured it out.

Kevin
CEO in USA
Sportartikel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Seamless Website Integration

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Amazing solution that just works! Loyalty program is awesome and like everything else, seamless. Honestly was not even planning on keeping the software once a better solution was put in place. This IS the better solution!

I was able to have my website up and running within a day after the design team I hired to build my site were unable to deliver it in over a month's time. Once you have input your products to sell it is a seamless process to get them onto your own website with Weebly.

There is a bit of redundancy when adding new products, but not too bad. Especially once you get the hang of it.

Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to accept payments on the go and fantastic integration

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: I can charge for my uploaded products from Etsy (which love updates), or enter a specific dollar amount when charging a different price or charging for a product that hasn’t been listed online in my store. I get paid in a reasonable amount of time and it easily integrates with the rest of my shop for recording keeping.

Along with the square credit card reader, I’m easily able to accept payments from my customers in person. I love that this is integrated with my Etsy shop. I’m easily able to charge for specific products, update my inventory when making a sale, and still keep track of the transaction inside my Etsy account.

The only thing I don’t particularly like is the up charge for accessing funds immediately, but I can usually wait the couple of days to get paid and it’s not a big deal.