Square for Retail Erfahrungen

Über Square for Retail

Egal, ob du online oder im Geschäft verkaufst, du kannst Square for Retail für dein Einzelhandelsgeschäft einsetzen, unabhängig von deiner Größe oder deinem Stil.

Erfahre mehr über Square for Retail

They offered the first $1,000 of sales with no fees due to a referral and you can share a code so the referrer and the referral recipient can both get that discount. What a great way to start.

It requires internet connection, so it cannot be used is there is poor or no network/wifi or you cannot hotspot. Fees can sometimes be pricey on the business.

Bewertungen zu Square for Retail

4.7
4.4
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

Square for Retail hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 467 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie Square for Retail bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Thomas
Thomas
video producer
Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Worked great even in a rural area.

5.0 vor 9 Monaten
Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Chase
Chase
IT Sales in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great for entrepreneurs

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: It is very easy to use and convenient for my customers

The ease of use for this product is amazing. I love how you can make a sale with the virtual terminal by either swiping a card or sending an invoice.

The fees per use can be cumbersome. However all pay portals have some sort of fee to use their product.

Janet

Great Point of sale system

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Awesome and after using two other point of sale systems we have had no issues with the system going down. Very reliable.

Easy to use! Download the App and get setup. I just recently bought their Square Register and it is awesome. Customer service will help you get the right APP for your business.

Been using their credit card device for well over a year and have never had any issues. There isn’t one thing i don’t like.

Dannyelle
Essen & Trinken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Online Ordering through Retail

4.0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Overall great, we use Square throughout our business and it covers our bases. A few flaws that can get frustrating here and there in the matter of being able to customize things to do exactly what we need it to be, but overall it's pretty good!

We specifically use Square for Restaurants POS system for our taproom system, which also ties into our mobile payments, but we do use Square for Retail as the basis for our online ordering page through Wix, as it works best for hosting that site for orders. It works great, we can track inventory and orders and such, it does what we need it to do!

Honestly, the only thing I wish was different was that we didn't have to use Retail and could just use Restaurants for our online ordering, but the retails works for it better and it functions so it's fine.

Melanie
Business Owner in USA
Eventservice, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

They Allow Fraud and Theft

1.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Horrible experience. Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square:
Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause
Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos
Absolute fraud.

People understand how to use it, so it's widely accepted as a valid method of payment and no one is nervous about using it (they should be!)

Square permits fraudulent chargebacks against your company. A client purchased multiple packages totally thousands of dollars from my company, received the services, and then disputed the charges as 'unrecognized'. I provided the following to square: Her signed contracts, with an anti-chargeback clause Photos of us performing the services at the event, with her in the photos A chain of her emails, including an email after her event thanking us for job well done Despite this proof and legally binding contract, Square sided with her and removed the funds from my account. I had to sit with my bank to file a dispute with Square, put a hold on all charges by Square, and start using an entirely different payment processor just to avoid Square stealing my money. Absolute fraud.

Renee
HR Rep in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Convenient, easy to use POS for small business

5.0 vor 3 Monaten

Kommentare: Overall, Square has simplified our POS system and with its easy to use reporting, we are able to manage our books quicker and more accurately.

The ability to take Square from our main location, to mobile and take payment anywhere

Connectivity issues with WIFI occasionally

Coree
Fashion Retailer in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Perfect On-the-Go Payment Solution!

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: When I first began using Square, it was simply for fundraisers. My husband and I would participate in events, and we would allow patrons to make donations to the charity we were fundraising for. Now, as I begin designing my online store for home decor and crafts that I sell, there was no guessing on where I would have my store set up. Square has truly made it that easy to work with, that I suggest using them to everyone I know!

I absolutely LOVE the ease of use of Square! The app allows you to literally set up your shop in mere minutes, and then allows you to input your products with prices for an easy tap to add it to your customer's cart. I especially love the Square business card that holds all my funds, which makes keeping business money separate from family funds so much easier!

I honestly cannot think of anything that I do not love about this software. It is designed in a way that allows even the least techy person to set up their store and products, and go through a checkout seamlessly.

Katherine
Katherine
Editor in USA
Verlagswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square is the Obvious Choice for POS Vendors

5.0 vor 4 Monaten

It is reliable for customers and easy to use by our staff.

We haven't come up with any complaints other than minor difficulties with connectivity in certain situations beyond Squares control.

Lynn
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Mobile POS

5.0 vor 7 Monaten

Cost and set up were both affordable and easy, plus transactions were never an issue on any device or credit card. The processing fees were very reasonable for our use. The reporting features were very straight forward to implement in our CMS tools.

Nothing!!! Could not find an issue if we wanted to, the hardware and software worked flawlessly.

Chad
Chad
Chair Elect in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

Best POS for a small non-profit or business

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Great fast point of sale software that does what it does very well.

This software provides the best tools for managing sales on a small scale. It is fast, easy to use,and full featured.

Honestly, this is one of the least expensive options out there but it would be nice to not lose the service charges from our income.

Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to set up and extremely helpful in managing our inventory.

4.0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Processing payments and a payout at the end of the day makes retail a breeze.

There is a free version but I think it is definitely worth it to pay for it especially if you have more than one location.

Shanna
CEO in UK
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Use / Track Sales!

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall it is easy for all of our team members to use!

We use square daily to keep track of sold items / integrate inventory / keep track of customers purchases.

We do not have any cons that come to mind!

Kathryn
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Awesome Product

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall, I am very satisfied it seems they have thought of everything when it comes to this app. They also have fantastic customer service if you need to call them with questions. I started my business last year and square has been fantastic to use for pop up's. Processing payments is a breeze and I have had very small issues that were resolved quickly and with ease.

I love the app that goes with this product. I hold many pop up events for my shop and the square is fantastic for this. Adding inventory and processing payments is fantastic. I set up the app in very little time and thought it would take so much longer. I really like being able to use it with my phone and ipad and it has made payments so much easier. I will only use this software for my pop up shops.

Sometimes I have wifi issues, but they have a great feature that will still accept payments offline. So even though its a pain, I still receive payment later.

Julianne
Writer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best POS system I've found

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: As a small business owner, I would highly recommend Square over other services that have higher fees and monthly charges. It's easy to use and I almost never experience glitches, so customer service isn't even needed that much.

Despite what I wrote in my "cons", this really is the best software I've found for card sales for my company. Most of them charge you a monthly fee in addition to a percentage of every sale, which thankfully is not the case with Square. It's very easy to use if you're not familiar with POS software. Customer service is also very easy to reach and quite friendly from my experience.

Unfortunately, you have to buy their most expensive software to only have 2.4% taken out from every credit card purchase. Otherwise, you'll be charged more. I know that's just how POS systems are... but it's too bad we are charged a percentage of every purchase to simply use their product, given it's not their money. I also wish there were more customization features available. I just used Quickbooks (which is compatible with Square) instead of Square itself to do all the customizing so I also didn't have to put Square advertisements on all of our receipts, which doesn't look very professional.

Keturah
Executive Assistant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple and easy to use

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: My experience with it has been very good. To the point that I have no need or desire to change it. I can save peoples data on file to make that easier for them. I can run necessary reports as needed. I could do more with it however we really don't have the need for it.

I use this for 2 purposes, 1) for our synagogue's gift shop and sales 2) as an option for our members to submit their tithes and offerings. I have both the simple square reader that I can use from my iphone as well as the stabilized system that holds the ipad with the card swiper and chip reader attachment. It is just so easy to use. I also like that the funds are moved to our accounts with out me having to move it or request it to be moved. I also like that the fee is taken out first then the amount is deposited rather that the full amound being deposited and a fee taken out monthly. It just simplifies it.

I really don't have any complaints about it. I have used it before in my personal business and recommended it for the synagogue. There was a time that you would have had to invest in a credit card machine that was much more expensive. I am glad that something like square came along.

Jackie
LMT in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use for all people

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: We need to be able to track which massage therapist saw which client, and with the notes section, we are able to do so with ease. We can also track commission on products that way making sure no transaction gets left behind. We also use square for our payroll. Having it all linked to one account is great!

Square was very easy to navigate. It has many options to customize the software to fit any business’s needs. You can write a custom note about each transaction, making it easy to review the register at the end of the day.

I haven’t ran into any problems with the software. As a massage & wellness center, we often do events and need to take our ‘cash register’ with us. Square makes it easy using the same credit card reader for in house transactions or cell phones on the go. It is all tracked the same way.

Tahnee
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love Square! I've been using it a year and am very happy with everything!

5.0 vor 6 Jahren

I love the integration with Big Commerce so I can easily sell online and in store with inventory syncs immediately. We do a lot of volume so the immediate inventory sync is very important to us or we would oversell items.

The retail app needs some work but I understand they need more time to update the software. Once the bugs get worked out, I would love to have a complete retail POS solution. In my mind it would include, physical inventory counts using scanners for tons of inventory -preferable to have multiple people doing different parts of the store at the same time. Included in retail should be a report for the inventory status/financial which would include total count, total cost, and total retail price of the entire store/warehouse. Also, a better integration for Quickbooks online. I'm scared to add this integration because it gets horrible reviews.

Kimberly
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Love it!

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: It's been great! No problem other than the name issue.

Super easy to use and phenomenal customer service! I've had it for 6 months and never had a problem with the software.

No cons except, there is no way to change your name with square. I got divorced and wanted to change my last name on square after I had it legally changed and they said I would have to start a new account from scratch. So now I'm stuck with that last name for my business.

Travis
Operations Manager in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The new way to handle Point of sale

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: We started using Square just for events then migrated to using it for all of our credit card transactions and now we use it for our entire point of sale.

The overall ease of use is great. But the real winner for our organization was that the merchant fees were so much more reasonable than our prior merchant. The ability to track inventory is also very helpful, and has simplified my life.

The void system being only for restaurant usage is a bit frustrating. The reporting system could also use more options for customization.

Amy
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Great product!

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: I would definitely recommend this product to somebody just for the ease-of-use alone! If you are a crafter or a small business owner who travels and has a booth instead of brick and mortar for a store I highly recommend this product for easy travel! Or even if you are a store that has brick and mortar it is so easy to add and change your inventory but I also highly recommend this product for you!

I love using my square register for my retail as a crafter and a writer. I go around to craft shows to sell my books and my products and I use Square all the time. It is a great product because it is so easy to use and I can use it right on my phone which makes it even simpler so I don't have to log a laptop or another credit card processing system with me.

The only problem I have with this product is the fact that the percentages for the processing fees keep going up. Not making very much as a crafter or a writer every penny counts. I wish there was a way to minimize the processing fee .

Larry
owner/Inspector in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

No confusing statements

4.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: I am a mobile type business and also can easily take payment over the phone or easily swipe a card if available, without carrying around a very large terminal.

It is easy to use and I know exactly what my fees are going to be as it is not dependent on a certain type of card which may unknowingly charge me a higher rate. Overall the platform is easy to use.

I really don't have any thing bad to say about the software or platform except maybe I do wonder about if I ever have to contact customer service I have heard that is very hard to get problems addressed or make personal contact with a customer service representative.

Lynn
President / C.E.O. in USA
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square for Retail is the easiest I have ever used.

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: This product is perfect for my needs. Works exactly as described on their website and support (if needed) is immediate and complete. Use with confidence.

Very easy to use. Quick email confirmation / almost instant at times. Fast turn around when actually getting the money into my bank account. I use it A LOT for credit card purchases over the phone (no card present). Yes, the fees are about .5% higher but always very FAST and very Reliable.

Nothing. I only use the remote card swiper when at a seminar or speaking engagement.

Matt
Matt
Owner/Head Roaster in USA

One of my core software solutions

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

I use Square almost daily for my coffee roasting company. Its easy to use, easy to train others to use, and easy to customize for my ever changing inventory.

Sometimes I wish the Square app had the same functionality as the Square website. For example, invoices are easier to work with on the web vs. working with them on the app. You can't print invoices from the app, yet you can from the web interface. Just little things like that. Not huge, but minor annoyances.

Rechtsberatung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Gets the Job Done

3.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: It easily satisfies our need for a payment processor, but we struggle to get it to do much more than that even after years of use. We've had trouble updating inventory and printing barcode labels. I'm not sure it justifies the monthly subscription price point.

Square is an easy payment processing solution that we have been able to integrate into our retail store operations. I appreciate that it can keep track of inventory, but the process of adding items can be overwhelming. It's big strength is in it's reporting functions and it's ability to easily track YoY.

We have a lot of glitches with the program, despite updates. We will have to restart and re-login. It is also difficult to add individual inventory items. Also the register display format is not customizable, you are limited to the defaults.

Brian
Assistant Executive Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Cost Effective System for Small Business Use

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: We love this system and have had no issues. We've been using it for about 4 years and it has met every need, saving us time, and is cost-effective for the features it provides.

The ease of implementation of the square system was excellent. Once implemented, managing and controlling items and inventory is simple and efficient. The POS system is easy to manage and use, easy to train our staff on, and customizable for all of our needs. The reporting system gives us all the information we need to summarize our sales data, run sales tax reports, and more.

There is not much to not like. For our small business the software works wonderfully, if we had a large variety of items the POS system might get more complicated, but not for us.

Devora
Clinical Psychologist in USA
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

Square improved my business

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: My overall experience is beyond satisfactory. This software is a mus for any business. Quick and easy to use and works without any glitches.

The software is user friendly, quick and easy. I love their simple and straight forward layout. They literally contributed to my business growing!!!!

I can't think of any negative thing to say, except at the beginning I had some problems that turned out to do with poor internet connection.