Filtern nach:

Über PioneerRX

Die Mission von PioneerRx ist es, die unabhängigen Apotheken zu retten und zu fördern, indem die Patientenversorgung und die Medikamentenausgabe wettbewerbsfähig und rentabel gemacht werden.

Erfahre mehr über PioneerRX

Rowena D.
Rowena D.
Certified Pharmacy Technician
  • Bewertet am 16.3.2018

"I am very impressed with PioneerRX's functionality and versatility."

Kommentare: The ability to customize the software to maximize our workflow is great. We also love the ability to glean data from PioneerRX to analyze our business.

Vorteile: The best aspect of PioneerRx by far is their customer service (Erica, in particular is great). They are very responsive to help requests, often calling back within minutes of a request. They are willing to spend as much time as needed with you until you are satisfied the issue has been resolved. In the rare instance they are unable to answer your question right away, they will forward the issue to someone who can answer the question and most importantly, they follow through with you. The PioneerRx software itself is amazing. The software can be customized to fit your workflow. There is a wealth of information waiting to be explored within PioneerRX. There are many ways to leverage PioneerRX to maximize workflow and profitability. Another positive aspect of PioneerRx is the online community of current users. There are forums for anyone who has questions about how certain aspects of PioneerRX work in a practical setting. There is also a way to upvote requests from users, so that you have some input in how PioneerRX is developed in the future. Being so open to feedback is just another great aspect of their customer service. Overall it is the best pharmacy software I have used, to date.

Nachteile: There is nothing in particular that I do not like about PioneerRX. I would like the developers of PioneerRx to continue to listen to the community regarding changes they wish to see in Pioneer.

• Bewertet am 16.3.2018
Alan K.
Pharmacist/owner
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2017

"Great product with great support"

Kommentare: I bought Pioneer in 2013 after using QS1 for 20 years. The system did not transfer the competitive prices from QS1 that I had set into the old software, and I had difficulty in maintaining a good margin on low priced generics as well as maintaining continuity on pricing, especially generics. After muddling through it for 3 years and doing the best we can, and voicing my frustrations on this site, Pioneer called me and said they wanted my issues resolved and volunteered to send a rep to my store for the better part of 3 days. Customer support representative was exceptional in his willingness and ability to explain and resolve my issues. I was able to get better control over my generic pricing and he also led us to a multitude of other issues to better utilize what Pioneer offered the independent pharmacy. My staff loves it. It does a great job managing our profit/loss issues (with the DIR exceptions) and I may be able to save money by d/cing other programs that Pioneer can handle. My biggest recommendation would be that if you aren't happy with the product, ask them to fix it. don't give up until you get results. It can do a lot more than you think it can. the on site training is somewhat limited. I wish they would have spent more energy into pointing out things at time of installation (perhaps a checklist, provided by current users, would help). I am a bit old school and Pioneer is a highly technical software so the learning curve was a bit steep for me. I would recommend this software over QS1 and am very happy with the service they provided.

Vorteile: it can do just about anything once you figure out how to work it.

Nachteile: it is technical and a bit convoluted so may require some serious training. the learning curve might be a bit steep.

• Bewertet am 22.1.2017
Ahmed A.
pharmacist
  • Bewertet am 3.1.2018

"terribly inefficient software"

Kommentare: none

Nachteile: Nour advised PioneerRx that the software which was represented to be simpler, was actually much more complex to use. Specifically, Nour advised PioneerRx of the following problems: There are too many statuses; many more than the essential will call, filling que, in-take que, rejection que and on order.
75% of the data entry screen is blank and all of the essential and a significant amount of non-essential information is shown in a small font on the other 25% of the screen. It is unorganized, not in the same format as the prescription is laid out.
The data entry itself is more difficult than Supreme Royal Pharmacy Software which allows the user to browse with a tab button through a prescription.
Nour was told PioneerRx integrates with PK Software, but it does not.
Nour was told QR Code could be printed, but it cannot.
Textphone notification must be manually turned on for each individual patient which is a significant amount of extra work collecting carrier date on each patient.
Escripts do not auto-populate adding more work for the Pharmacy.

• Bewertet am 3.1.2018
Brandee B.
Pharmacy Director
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.4.2018

"I love this software! It is intuitive, functional and I have access to any information I might need."

Kommentare: Functionality, and improved workflow, reporting and tracking.

Vorteile: Almost everything! Any data that I need to report out is available and can be customized in a usable format. Pioneer's processes and workflows have decreased our processing times and added the accountability of always knowing where a prescription is at in the workflow. The checking process, the interfaces, and the functionality is top of the line and continually improving. Pioneer offers many features that help us compete with the chains (provider lookup, insurance lookup, driver's license scanning, data submission to immunization registries, sync fill, loyalty plans, etc.). Additionally, they continually add new features or make changes to improve the system. The customer support is amazing! I have not had any issue that couldn't be resolved. Either a solution was already available, or a solution was developed to meet the need. I have never received this kind of responsiveness from any other software vendor. It feels like a partnership.

Nachteile: I would like to see more detailed training on new functionality. I am always made aware of new features, but sometimes struggle to completely understand all of the steps needed to implement the new features--without calling in to the support line.

• Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Amar P.
Amar P.
Managing Partner
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Best balance of ease of use and security features"

Vorteile: - Highly customizable workflow
- granular admin, pharmacist and tech access controls
- Custom Rx Audit report make life easy for desk audits
- DIR estimator
- Profit report can be generated factoring in estimated DIR or GER fees
- Cash pricing estimator based on chain competitors near you
- POS and sale data can be accessed from any workstation & POS integrated within Rx module
- Control medication Perpetual Inventory can be maintained within the software ❤
- Training portal gives admin, a clear view of progress in training for each staff member
- Customer ID info is available at the POS window as well as Pharmacist verification screen
- Create patient profile by simply scanning Drivers License
- PMP data submitted automatically
- More secure since program can run without needing windows admin privileges ( helps prevents unauthorized software program installs )

Nachteile: - Onboarding & maintenance cost is high compared others in the market. ( worth the cost though )
- Patient profile history could use a search feature instead of filtering

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Mike H.
Pharmacist/Owner
  • Bewertet am 20.3.2014

"QS1 to Pioneer conversion"

Kommentare: Anytime you change the initial days are not easy.....as was the case when we changed our pharmacy software from QS1 to Pioneer. It was not easy....but when is change easy???? IT NEVER IS!!! The main thing is 7 months later I am so happy I made the change. There are a lot of reasons why I like Pioneer better now after scratching the surface of it. The reporting features are way easier to use and the I-pad delivery pad for signatures is awesome. At our check station on rx's it lets you know if you have a ndc issue and one click later it reverses the claim puts the rx under the correct ndc that you are now using and prints a new label in a matter of 5 seconds....impressive! The general filling functions are easy to use just hard to change your ways when you are used to looking at a rx a little differently in qs1. Pioneer allows you to create facilities and attach people to them in easy fashion and does a great job of tracking those people in and out with dates and up to actual times of discharge time if you want to go to that point. At the end of the day and you have 5 rx's going to 5 different people at the same facility,..... all you do is print a one page report that charges the rx's to those 5 separate accounts all at the same time and places a delivery signature on those rx's when it is brought back and scanned in. BUT #1 TO ME IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE.......we actually have just one main person we all call here at the pharmacy at Pioneer and she know our store very well and the people working in it and she also know "Holcomb Pharmacy" ....she knows we have 3 Nursing homes, 1 blister pack facility, and the way our pharmacy operates. Therefore when you call your assigned a contact person that person already has a great idea of how they need to help you, and help they do. I can't say enough about their customer service, it is the difference maker when it comes down to it. All systems can do the general functions of filling rx's but its all those little things that each independent pharmacy is that makes running a pharmacy a challenge. Pioneer takes the time to work one on one with you to make your life easier. I am very satisfied and happy with the change. Last week I asked my primary data entry person and my primary pharmacist what they thought after 7 months and both of them replied that they "would not want to go back." GREAT SYSTEM AND GREAT PEOPLE BEHIND IT SUPPORTING YOU.AT PIONEER RX!!!

• Bewertet am 20.3.2014
Pharmacy Intern
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.1.2019

"One of the best software I've used so far"

Kommentare: With how easy the program is to use it makes training very simple. All the buttons are shown and it's easy to navigate throughout the different tabs. You're able to also put in a request for one of the PioneerRx techs to call you so that you don't have to get tied up with trying to call them. When you put in the request you're able to provide information on the issue and most times they're calling back to let you know that they solved the issue you were having.

Vorteile: I like how easy this software is to learn and use. The ability to have a PioneerRx member contact you in case of any software issues is also very handy especially during rush hour in the pharmacy.

Nachteile: Some recent issues we've had in the past few months is that the program will freeze up. We tried to merge several stores onto one server and it caused issues throughout the stores. The main issue was the lag time and that it would freeze out all the computers within the pharmacy. We recently switched over to another software due to the lagging we had experienced.

• Bewertet am 5.1.2019
Terry M.
Terry M.
  • Bewertet am 11.4.2018

"No perfect softward package but this is as close as I have used. Came to DDM because of Pioneer."

Vorteile: Interface and forthought. For the most part everything is intuitive. Operation is practically flawless which is amazing on a Windows platform-very stable. Even though we primarily use in house support, Pioneer is very responsive when called upon. Higher resolution pill thumbnails are much needed-contrast is poor and makes it difficult to read imprinting

Nachteile: Higher resolution pill thumbnails are much needed-contrast is poor in some cases and makes it difficult to read imprinting.

• Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Raaed H.
Pharmacist-In-Charge
  • Bewertet am 8.3.2018

"Great pharmacy software and customer service. Very happy with my change to pioneer"

Vorteile: Pioneer is easy to use and has great customer service when it is needed. It is windows based so anyone with basic computer skills can work this system and manage it. Pioneer has many great features that covers tons of different instances that a pharmacy or pharmacist/tech may go through or experience

Nachteile: Screens can sometimes be a little busy. I wish the home screen was a little more efficient. I believe the home screen is a "dead" screen and can be utilized a little better

Kara B.
Kara B.
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2018

"PioneerRx gives our pharmacists the tools necessary to provide the highest level care!"

Kommentare: Central management of numerous stores and higher level of pharmaceutical care due to user friendly data and customizable workflow.

Vorteile: The numerous workflow options allow you to customize the workflow to meet your store's unique needs and the customer service supports you every step of the way!

Nachteile: Conversion from RX30 to PioneerRx was difficult. I do not believe we could have planned any better and still there were problems. After 11 months on PioneerRx we still have to have RX30 access for audit purposes because escripts did not transfer in a usable format.

• Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Jonathan K.
Certified Pharmacy Technician
  • Bewertet am 6.3.2018

"PionnerRx makes filling prescriptions and running a pharmacy a breeze"

Vorteile: I love how intuitive the software is--I had no trouble becoming familiar with it. The features are what truly sets Pioneer apart from the rest. Patient profiles can contain a tremendous amount of information and notations that makes filling prescriptions both easier and quicker. Documentation is customizable from the broadest scope of a particular third party plan all the way down to individual fills of each prescription. Managing inventory is a breeze thanks to the abundance of reporting available. I can't imagine not using Pioneer.

Nachteile: Honestly, with the weekly updates from Pioneer, there is little room for improvement. They take customer input very seriously and are incredibly prompt in resolving issues or answering questions.

• Bewertet am 6.3.2018
Julie S.
  • Bewertet am 26.3.2018

"Easy to use and learn."

Vorteile: I like how easy it is to use and learn. Can quickly pick up where to find stuff the system does pretty much all I need to perform most tasks I want Pioneer to do. Also Pioneer's eligibility check is so easy and convenient. One of my favorite features. Also love Pioneer's delivery app on the Ipad. Easy to deliver medications and have a list in one place and have an ability to pay while on delivery.

Nachteile: It would be really nice to be able to submit an automatic text if there is a problem with a prescription, such as it needs a prior authorization. Also a text to show prescriptions are ready, along with the price of prescription would be a neat feature, so people aren't surprised when they get here for the total price.

• Bewertet am 26.3.2018
Kate P.
Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist
  • Bewertet am 8.3.2018

"Pioneer Rx continues to exceed my expectations at every turn. There is always a way to do something!"

Kommentare: It has streamlined my workflow and simplified my life!

Vorteile: I love the logic in all the processes. Everything makes sense to me. It does synchronization wonderfully and the interface with my compliance packaging (Medicine-On-Time) is seamless. I have much better control of inventory and there is an easy way to order expensive items just before I need them so I don't have all that inventory sitting on the shelf. I love the CoverMyMeds link and I also really like that I can very quickly fax a copy of a rejection directly to the prescriber without having to print it out. Support is quick and painless, reporting is exceptional. I use the link to coupons all the time which makes my customers very happy.

Whitney B.
Owner/Pharmacist
  • Bewertet am 6.4.2018

"My experience with PioneerRx has been phenomenal from day one."

Vorteile: PioneerRx's ease of use is what sets it apart from other pharmacy softwares. A brand new user can be up and running almost immediately. I specifically like that PioneerRx is great for compounding or hybrid pharmacies, I don't need another software to dispense my compounds. Their support & customer service is quick to respond and very knowledgeable. I used PioneerRx as an employee at 2 pharmacies, when it was time to select Rx software for my own pharmacy, PioneerRx was the easy winner.

Nachteile: 1. The alert for non-matched/incorrect item in the check screen is inadequate 2. The reports can be difficult to manage, there are lots of reports to choose from, but not always the exact one you want.

• Bewertet am 6.4.2018
Nicole O.
Pharmacy Tech
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2018

"Very easy to use!"

Vorteile: I like the convenience of this program. But I don't really have anything to compare it to. I used RX30 during an internship and it's much easier than that! Thank you for all the hard work you do!

Nachteile: I think that it would be nice to ask "are you sure you want to import this person" before it actually imports them. I find myself doing that a lot. Also, I think that it would be convenient to have a messaging system so that i can tell other terminal operators and pharmacist things without actually going to them in person. If I could just send them a message to tell them something it would just pop up on the bottom right of the screen that would be very convenient. Thank You!

• Bewertet am 5.3.2018
Bill C.
  • Bewertet am 29.6.2018

"It is great having a system that is superior to previous systems, particularly the Customer Service."

Vorteile: Having the reasons to want to pick five stars in each category. It is refreshing to deal with a company that has a great product, terrific Customer Service that you hear from in a matter of minutes, not hours or days. Specialists that are familiar with the answers, and the correct one either responds to you or is gotten on the call. The weekly upgrades are a real benefit as well.

Nachteile: If PioneerRx could figure out how to stop DIR fees, that would be the ultimate. Since that is probably not going to happen, we will continue to enjoy the best choice we made in recent times by switching to PioneerRx.

• Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Tyler S.
PIC
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"Absolutely LOVE this software and the people at Pioneer Rx."

Kommentare: An advantage over anybody that is not using Pioneer Rx software.

Vorteile: The features, ease of use, and mostly the customer service. I feel that I have the best software available at an affordable price to put my pharmacy in a position to succeed. Also the commitment to keep up with the ever-changing field of pharmacy. The people that I've worked with over the past few year have always amazed me with the knowledge, speed, and kindness they bring everyday.

Nachteile: Wholesale integration is good but could be GREAT if they could bring in a more robust and accurate rebate model to ensure we are getting the best price every time.

• Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Chelsea S.
Pharmacy Tech
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.5.2018

"Wonderful customer service and support team. Easy to navigate and train other staff on."

Kommentare: It offers a ton of tips to help the pharmacy run and is very easy to train new staff on so everyone is on the same page!

Vorteile: I love how easy this system is to use. Some pharmacy software in the past was hard to follow and you had to spend time searching for different functions. This system is very easy to use and if we have issues the support team is amazing and always right at our service.

Nachteile: I do not have any complaints. I do not like how many up dates this system has but each week I read the update descriptions and I am good to go. The direction and layout of this software is amazing and is my top choice for any pharmacy!

• Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Chad H.
Pharmacist in charge
  • Bewertet am 1.6.2018

"Pioneer is the best operating system I have ever used."

Kommentare: too many to list!

Vorteile: I love the ease of use, the customer service is second to none. The response times for the support reps is exceptionally quick. Support always makes it their priority to help you resolve any and all issues. I like the fact that they ask for our feedback to help improve the operating system. Having worked for a few chains and using their systems they are are really missing out.

Nachteile: I really can think of nothing that could make the operating system better. Continuing to listen to the users and making minor adjustments will add to the already exceptional operating system.

• Bewertet am 1.6.2018
Laura E.
CPHT
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.4.2018

"I HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE"

Vorteile: LOVE THE FEATURES, ELIGIBILIY CHECK, EASE OF INSURANCE RECONCILIATION, POS FEATURES A OUTSTANDING (LOVE THAT IT TELL YOU IF A PATIENT HAS ANOTHER RX WAITING TO BE PICKED UP WHEN YOU RING THEM OUT, EASE OF ITEM CHANGES LIKE ADDING ONE CHANGING ONE , SEARCHING FOR DOCTORS TO ADD TO SYSTEM AND PHARMACIES IS SO EASY, EASE OF TRANSFERING A RX WITH FAXING OPTIONS, HELP DESK IS FAST AND SUPER HELPFUL

Nachteile: SOMETIMES WHOLESALER PRICE UPDATES DO NOT APPLY QUICKLY OR ACCURATELY. SOME RX REJECTS ARE HARD TO FIX BY HAVING TO GO TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT PLACES TO ADD OR TAKE OUT INFO

• Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Andrew R.
Staff Pharmacist
Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.7.2018

"I am very happy with the pioneer software for the most part. Seems to do what it's supposed to do."

Vorteile: There are lots of things to love about pioneer. One of my favorite features is the ability to generate and fax a prescription transfer so that I don't have to waste my time doing it over the phone. I also like how there is a central database of doctors so that i rarely have to manually enter MD info. The ability to look up insurance info is wonderful also. Many things to like about pioneer.

Nachteile: I would love it if the software could generate and place our McKesson order, but I think that it's partially the fault of our corporate policies as opposed to Pioneer.

• Bewertet am 11.7.2018
Rob B.
OWNER
  • Bewertet am 22.6.2018

"Pioneer has streamlined our workflow. It makes perpetual inventory and ordering more efficient."

Vorteile: I love the support received. They are always willing to take the time to help and are quick to respond. Pioneer allowed us to streamline and grow our sync program to over 850 patients. Pioneer has allowed us to easily set up perpetual inventory for rx and retail items and order those items automatically instead of using manual processes. The reporting is great. You can really dial in to whatever metric you are looking for.

Nachteile: The clinical side of pioneer could be much less bulky and more user friendly. (CMRs, goal setting, CPESN, etc)

• Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Terri D.
PHARMACIST
  • Bewertet am 12.3.2018

"Switching software is always challenging , but this switch was worth it!"

Vorteile: I love the comprehensive reports. I love the ability to easily fax transfers. I love the ease of identifying where prescriptions are in the workflow at a glance. I also like being able to see the POS receipt for each completed prescription. The sync program is the best I've seen. It makes it really easy to convert patients and keep all their maintenance meds together. Customer support is convenient and top notch.

Nachteile: It is a bit of a challenge getting started. An extra day with trainers would be helpful in the beginning. We switched from 20 years of QS1 and it took a little time to adjust to the different logic. Overall, the system is heads and shoulders above our previous system.

• Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Traci U.
owner/pharmacist
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2018

"The Pioneer software has prevented errors, saved the pharmacy money and educated me on information."

Vorteile: I love the many ways we can manipulate the data to fit our needs. I also am very happy with the service provided when calling for help. It is definitely a company with the small business owner in mind. The way the software keeps up with the Rx's-for example if a patient has more than one we get notified and keeps them together. also great for inventory which saves time.

Nachteile: I cannot think of anything! If I put down something- it would probably be only my ignorance about the system. haha WELL DONE

• Bewertet am 27.6.2018
Khaled A.
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2018

"great, as promised, punctual, flexible."

Vorteile: ease of use, flexibility, full view of the third party reimbursements.

Nachteile: can't open more than 1 script in windows at a time. i.e: If I am working on a script, and still haven't finished typing it, then a customer comes and asks for a refill, I can't leave the script that I'm working on as is. I have to "save it" to be able to get out of it. And I can't save it until at least the patient, doctor, drug, sig have been entered.

• Bewertet am 24.1.2018