Über ActiveCollab

ActiveCollab ist eine Projektmanagement-Software, die Führungskräften und Kreativen hilft, Projekte zu planen und Termine einzuhalten.

Erfahre mehr über ActiveCollab

Onboarding is easy, interface is easy to use and understanding. It's also one of the cheapest option in the market.

Out of the box it is missing things that I would have expected to be present.

Bewertungen zu ActiveCollab

4.5
4.4
4.2
4.5

8.5/10

ActiveCollab hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 391 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie ActiveCollab bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Aleksandar
Aleksandar
C# Developer in Nordmazedonien

Perfect Project management tool.

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: ActiveCollab is one of the best, if not the best project management tool that I have ever used and I have jumped from one to another tool for different projects and project types. If offers so many features, perfect dashboard, milestone preview, calendar, planner, contact details, time tracking and much more. While it is perfect for managing many different types of projects, this is still not the perfect tool for managing software development projects. The only reason for that would be, there is no (or that was not back then) an integration with Git or other version of control system. It was simply a missing feature back then.
I truly hope that nowadays the ActiveCollab team managed to improve and integrate such feature, but talking 6-7 years ago, that was the only downside that I can say about it. If for some reason that is still not available and you are into software development business, look for something else like Asana or Bitbucket.

Great dashboard, different types of reports, milestone preview, calendars, time tracking tool are just a few of the features that make this software irreplaceable tool when it comes to project management.

Lack of integration with Git or another version of control system.

Jolie
Jolie
Visual Space & Training Manager in USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Active Collab makes working together simple

4.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: My team is spread across the country and Active Collab allows us to work together on projects seamlessly. Our outside partners are also able to work with us easily.

Great tool for managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders Pretty robust feature set Simple to access and easy to invite collaborators in & out of my company

Upgrades have been a bit buggy and while the team are responsive, they don't always believe that they've broken something

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Trello und Slack

Warum ActiveCollab gewählt wurde: Better features competitive pricing All around, Active Collab is a more flexible tool that is easier to use

Zuvor genutzte Software: Basecamp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ActiveCollab: Pricing and features

Jose
Jose
Business Change Manager. IPMA. PMP. in Panama
Computer-Software, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter

ActiveCollab, an ideal tool applicable to all project management methodologies.

5.0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: ActiveCollab is a fairly complete and widely tested project management tool that can cover project management needs in a simple and effective way, as well as being ideal for incorporating members into the work team without the need for training since its intuitive interface is easy to adopt.

ActiveCollab is excellent for organizing our tasks using different views, among the most used we have List, Kanban, and Gantt types, which makes it a very good candidate to be used in all types of projects, whether under a cascade or waterfall methodology, as well as in agile work environments. It also allows us to add notes to the tasks, and generate a collaborative discussion environment that is assigned to each task, to generate amazing results.

An outstanding feature is its design, which allows us to have wide visibility to observe how our projects develop, since we generate collaborative discussions, complete tasks, and record the progress, from different views, available to the roles and users that participate in the project. It even allows us to participate with clients, to share comments, information, and evidence of progress in activities.

Mari-Nella
Owner in Namibia
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It is a beautiful app but not that useful

2.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It was nice in the beginning but I just soon realised I needed something with easier to use features and no hidden costs. Onces a app like this becomes too complicated to navigate or customise - you will not use it as you need to daily because of that hassle.

It is beautifully designed so initially it seemed easier to use and navigate. It had a client portal and I could track my jobs and invoice/do estimates all from one place.

It has hidden fees. Everywhere it advertises itself as only 7.50 a month. - But using the MAIN FEATURES OF WHY I WANTED THIS APP is extra, like invoicing, time tracking and using the client portal. This was not made clear initially. The client service is terrible. I would ask questions but there response was really terrible english language - not what I would expect from an international app that everyone should be able to understand. Especially a client service person called Darla. Terrible and rude manners and unhelpful.!

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Pluto LMS, monday.com und ClickUp

Warum ActiveCollab gewählt wurde: I wanted a app that I could use to track my projects, my daily tasks, and has a timer. Plus I can send out cost estimates and invoices from and my clients can log into to track and make note of project progress and timeline.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Todoist und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ActiveCollab: Activecollab seems to be the cheapest option where I could managment my projects, finances and clients from one place.

Antwort von Active Collab

letztes Jahr

We appreciate your honest feedback, and we are sorry to hear you had this experience with ActiveCollab. As for the pricing, additional features such as Invoicing, Time Estimates, Workload, Availability, etc., are listed in the GePaid bundle section, which is charged additionally and is not a part of the basic paid plan. You can check out our pricing on the official site here: https://activecollab.com/pricing

Partner, Chief Creative Officer in USA

Finally a project management system small businesses can afford

5.0 vor 4 Monaten

Kommentare: We have been using ActiveCollab for around 4 years now and they continue to work on ways to fineness the tool for the better. The support team has always been very responsive -- although we have only had a few SOS calls they AC team reacted quickly and we were able to continue work with very little interruption.

Visually easy to see what projects and tasks are priority. I also love the budget tracker which allows me to make sure projects stay on budget. This program is extremely easy to learn to use as both an administrator and a day-to-day user. I have worked with so many project management systems in my career (some at a much higher price point) and ActiveCollab is a true competitor for a fraction of the cost.

When pulling invoices, I wish we had more options as to how to import the time entry notes. Because we require our team to place notes as to what they were doing for the hours logged - we do spend more time than desired editing invoices once the data is pulled in.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Trello, Basecamp und monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ActiveCollab: The price point and features offered were hard to compete with --- best decision we've made.

Uroš
Uroš
Owner in Serbien

Very easy to use but packs a big punch

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Our overall experience is absolutely positive. We get to plan out our projects, go through them daily, track everything, and at the end exactly know what to invoice the client. It really covers all the basis that we need in our process and we love it for that.

I really appreciate the simplicity and the power behind the features it delivers. On the surface, it offers just a list of tasks me and my team manage throughout our design and development process, but under the hood it offers task dependencies, estimates, time tracking and many other cool things that make it deceptively powerful.

Probably the speed of the app on some larger projects. It's lightning fast for everything small to medium, but on larger projects it can take a while to load everything.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Jira, Teamwork und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ActiveCollab: Asana is a bit confusing to get into, and it can really get expensive really fast when you need more powerful features. Teamwork was probably our second pick, bit it can be all over the place, not as elegant as ActiveCollab. JIRA is just a beast and we don't need that much complexity (and power) for our everyday development.

Malcolm
Art Director in USA
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Not Just Project Management! Superior Time Tracking and Reporting for Clients Too!

5.0 vor 11 Monaten

Time tracking. It's wonderful. We are able to track our time down to the specific task within projects. We can also label each project by client and bill clients based on the time we've specifically tracked for each task and project. All of this tracking also allows for reporting to our clients - down to being able to let them know how much time was spent on each task. Customer service is also amazing. One of our team members has made suggestions for new/alternate features/revised functionality, and things were updated fairly quickly! So good. Thank you!

I'd love to see the organization of the projects in a different way. Organized instead by client on the main page. The main page is otherwise less organized than I need it to be.

Ian
Managing Drector in Bahamas
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Comprehensive Project management

5.0 vor 5 Monaten

Kommentare: Despite the above mentioned short comings (search functionality and date entry on estimates), overall Active Collab is a great asset to our team and our companie's ability to track all projects and billings in one place. We find it indispensable.

Ease of use and implementation. Simple staff on-boarding and intuitive interface.

Poor search function and lack of ability to enter a date on estimates... crazy that such a well rounded and useful software lacks a full feature search function and doesn't allow (nor even auto generate) a date field on the estimate form.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: FunctionFox, Basecamp und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ActiveCollab: Cost was major consideration, but it also provides all features we needed.

Creative Director in USA

Great all-in-one solution

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Our team manages all of our projects through ActiveCollab, and that includes budgeting, tasks, and time management. Without it, we'd be lost in a sea of emails and Slack messages.

ActiveCollab is quite feature rich. We were able to consolidate multiple pieces of software into one.

Some of the menus are hard to find and I'd really like to see a comprehensive calendar approach to tasks, vs just per project.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Trello, Basecamp und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ActiveCollab: The feature to cost ratio was best with ActiveCollab.

Philippe
Communication manager in Burkina Faso
Rechtsabteilung, 501-1’000 Mitarbeiter

ActiveCollab

4.0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

ActiveCollab is great for organizing our tasks using different views, beautifully designed so initially it is easier to use and navigate

The customer service is not nice it does not care about the customers

Engineering Head in Indonesien

The Right Project Management Tool for Small to Medium Sized Team

4.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: It's easy to use and worth the cost.

My team and I do really like the simplicity of the software. It helps us focus on doing the tasks rather than figuring out how to use the software correctly to assign tasks.

- Unmaintained mobile apps, both iOS and Android versions. - No function to duplicate tasks list. - Zipping attachments from a task to be downloaded, takes forever. - Bulk actions on tasks seem to need an improvement on UX so that it's more user friendly to use. Currently, we need to scroll up and down to choose the actions. - On the Reports page for Tasks, every time we choose a Custom Report, the columns and "sort by" are always reset. - As admin, I can't see the full list of other user's Activities. I can only see the last 5 or something. I might be able to give some more feedback. Do let me know if it helps improve your product :)

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: monday.com und Bitrix24

Warum ActiveCollab gewählt wurde: Lack of bulk actions feature

Zuvor genutzte Software: Trello

Gründe für den Wechsel zu ActiveCollab: Pricing term and cost effectiveness

Project Manager in USA
Druck, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A/C has been a game changer for us. We are using it a bit outside of its intended scope but it works

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Highly focussed team members. Remote work flexibility. Collaboration. Time Management. Quality Management. Data Management. Targeted and SMART Goals. Internal Motivation. Trust.

The platform makes communicating with team members a breeze. We have a multitude of projects and tasks within the three departments - A/C helps keep everything organized and on track. LOVE the landing screen "My Work". The calendar view is awesome for our morning meetings. It is great that we can filter by person or project on the calendar. It's a robust feature that other platforms did not have. Really enjoy the notifications when I mention a team member. The robust area within a project including Tasks List, Discussions, Files, notes, Time, Expenses, Activity is great. Not only does it encourage collaboration it fully supports remote work. On the task list, we can drag/drop tasks. Filter by assignees, tasks lists, due dates, or completed tasks. You can also review the overall project progress. A/C has some great reporting features. I like how we can star projects. Simple features like that are NOT overlooked in the A/C platform. Time tracking, invoicing, and estimates functions look great. We haven't used them yet but we will eventually. I appreciate the pricing. The customer support is quick and responsive. Our team has embraced the platform and I feel we will continue to use it for years to come. I would recommend the platform to others.

Disclaimer: We use it a bit outside of its intended purpose. Our group is Marketing, Web Development, and IT. Although there are a ton of project-based objectives within the departments there are some marketing functions that are not project based. This is the biggest thing I've got it's not a deal breaker. Maybe extend the software to include flexible user accounts or setup different types of project areas. That isn't necessarily project oriented. Minors: Recurring tasks are a bit of a pain to setup the first time Multiple different calendars confuse people sometimes and they end up creating a calendar for themselves. Maybe we could setup tasks requiring a sign-off? Maybe this is already a feature and I don't know how to do it yet?

General Manager in Spanien

Surprisingly helpful and pleasantly quick to implement. Continuing to find more useful features!

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Increased project efficiency, improved client satisfaction through better scheduling, better communication, and giving clients open access to interact with us on project tasks (while easily limiting them from internal discussions they don't need to see). Saved time on recording project data and improvements/lessons learned, saved time invoicing thanks to time tracking and integration with accounting software, and have a centralised document store for internal use (apart from client projects) without needing to manage a duplicate access permission system.

Lots of detailed helpful features which don't complicate the interface but are great when you start using them. Customer support has pointed some out when I put in what we thought was a feature request... but it already existed and I'd missed it. Actively developed and continually updated without annoyingly changing things unnecessarily or 'fixing' anything that isn't broken.

Using Elastic Search as the only available search feature is limiting, as it's difficult to host and especially so in a shared hosting environment. Without Elastic Search, there's not even a simple text search available for project/task/comment description. There's a couple glitches that pop up from time to time but customer support has been responsive about them and some of our suggestions have been included as feature requests.

CINZIA
CREATIVE/MARKETING MANAGER in USA
Telekommunikation, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter

A life changing tool!

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall ActiveCollab makes my life easier.

Active Collaboration is super intuitive and affordable. Before switching to Active Collaboration a few years ago we used WorkFront and it was an absolute nightmare. After 10 months of getting templates set up and trying to learn how to use them our team was so frustrated that I knew that I wouldn't be renewing that tool for another year. Active Collaboration is so easy to use, it literally takes 10 minutes for me to walk a new team member through the tool when coming onboard. I've learned over the years of project managing that if someone doesn't understand how to use something or its too complicated to input a simple request or comment in, they aren't going use so it, they will default to email or drive-byes. I just don't have that problem with Active Collaboration. I highly recommend it.

I wish there was a feature that if you change a task date there's an option to move out all the dates at one time.

Damien
Avocat in Schweiz
Anwaltskanzlei, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic software for project management

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: We have loved activeCollab since version 4. It is a valuable software, which really helps its users on a daily basis and is very flexible in its operation. We greatly appreciate his progress and are reassured about his future. Keep up the good work!

Very smooth operation in a team. It really helps to share information and make quick and concerted decisions.

The invoicing module is far too limited. Integration into QBO or other is not really a factor to be taken into account.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Basecamp

CEO in Deutschland
Grafikdesign, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Cheap alternative of Basecamp for small team

4.0 vor 5 Jahren

Timelines.

Not reactive interface. Terrible iOS app.

Joseph
President in USA

This has been the perfect solution for our project management needs. We do everything here.

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: More efficient project management. More time spent on work, less time searching for files or waiting on emails.

It has the sophistication we need and remains very easy to use. I have tried nearly every other project management software out there, and this one makes the most sense to me. It allows us to effectively collaborate with clients, and it gives us complete control over what can be seen and accessed. We use it for time tracking as well. It connects with a number of other services including Quickbooks. They really seem to listen to their users. I have asked for things and have seen them implemented. Overall, it is a great solution for us, and I do recommend it to anyone looking to better manage their projects.

I did like a little more flexibility in the license levels. It would be nice to pay by the user when we need extra users rather than have to bump up to a level that many more users than we currently need.

Sergey
Project Manager in Russland
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Clean and pleasant user interface with most of functionality that we need

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: It is our primary task tracker that we use for each and every project we work on.

1. Nice and easy-to-use interface. No issues with using it for several hours a day. 2. Several nice feeds: global (across all projects), project-wide and personal. 3. Ability to estimate and then track time for a given task. 4. We are an agency and our clients are REALLY NOT eager to use various task-trackers that different agencies push onto them. Thankfully, you can respond to any ActiveCollab comment via email so our clients do not even need to open ActiveCollab to collaborate with us. Meanwhile, we have all messages and comment in a nice and clean order, all inside our comfy ActiveCollab interface.

At some point we decided to move to a self-hosted version of ActiveCollab. By that point we've been using ActiveCollab for a while and our database (including all the files) was about 150GB. Unfortunately, it took about 6 weeks (from 16/10/2017 to 30/11/2017) for the guys over at ActiveCollab to provide us with a link to download our data.

.NET Developer, Reporting in USA
Eisenbahnbau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

ActiveCollab is Basecamp, but better and cheaper

4.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall, this is a major tool for the day-to-day operation of my business. Support is at least average, functionality is fairly complete and mature, and it is a pleasure to use.

I started using ActiveCollab back when it was open source and contributed to the code. Since then it has matured a lot. It is a great over-all solution for project management, communication, time management, and even invoicing. The interface is well-thought-out and has few glitches.

The reporting functionality leaves a bit to be desired, but gets the job done. As others have mentioned, the search functionality is not great and setting up Elastic Search for the self-hosted version is a bit involved. Also, the mobile apps are not great.

Andrew
Andrew
Lead Designer in USA
Design

This is the Project Management tool you've been searching for!

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: I've tried at least 20 different Project Management tools, but they were all either too expensive or simply not enjoyable to use. ActiveCollab saves me hours every week that I would normally spend searching for documents, keeping track of tasks, and double-checking things with clients. It also saved my sanity an email-based PM system is not mentally sustainable! I use it for work, and also for side-projects: learning new things, centralizing my store of ideas to ensure that they get implemented...the list of uses is endless.

ActiveCollab is far less expensive than BaseCamp and more visually appealing than the likes of Zoho or Trello. This makes it ideal for freelancers (myself included), but it could work for larger teams just as well. It's available everywhere I need it: the web, my Mac, and my phone. The overall workflow is insanely simple, yet powerful, allowing you to create new clients, projects, tasks and sub-tasks with ease. Every time you find yourself thinking "hmm...I wonder if ActiveCollab does this..." whatever you try works just as you expected it to. That's a sign of really good UI/UX thinking. Their customer support is fantastic, as well. All the people I've talked to have been real, friendly humans never bots or clueless outsourced drones.

The Mac app is still being worked on, and it has a few startup bugs, but works fantastically, otherwise.

Jona
Jona
Owner in Niederlande

Great tool to work with both clients and developers in the same projects

Kommentare: Operational control of projects

Enables us to work efficiently on multiple tasks, with multiple users across multiple projects and multiple geographies. It's not too complicated for non-technical users and not too simple when dealing with technical issues with developers. Also can be used many different types of projects.

We would like more elaborate options for "operational analytics". The reports are ok, but we still have to do too much manual manipulation of data to get what we want. We would also welcome SMS/Text alerts and integration with services such Ghost inspector (e.g. automatic ticket generation).

Alex
Partner in USA
Fotografie, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Our Favorite CRM Program

5.0 vor 6 Jahren

Kommentare: Creative Outfit Inc. uses Active Collab to manage our Projects, Tasks, Hours, R&D and more.
It has been more functional, effective & affordable than everything else we've tried.
The Support is also helpful & communicative during any Troubleshooting we've done.
We use Active Collab in the Office & On-Location via the Mobile App.
It is simply the BEST!

The range of options in the Dashboard are great for any Start-up. Our Managers & Staff use almost All of the Features.

I wish there was 'Subscription' driven Hour Tracking. So we could balance Time against an Account that Renews every Month.

Tomasz
Tomasz
Professional Photographer in Polen

One of the best project management software

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

+ faaast + intuitive, easy to use + almost everything that small company need in one place (projects, tasks, time tracking, expenses) + invoicing + 3rd party integrations (stripe, xero) <3 + did I mention that is fast ;) Highly recommended, not only for software development. It's highly configurable and as most of the things that you have to work on is "like a project" - you can use it everywhere.

After over two years, I see that lack of simple crm is probably only missing feature. You can use internal notes, but I don't feel it now.

Ginny
Ginny
Director of Publications and Marketing in USA

Packs a lot for the pricing. We are super satisfied with the product and excellent customer service!

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

The software is easy to use and easy for others to figure out. We have a campus like environment and are able to work on projects for various departments without having to have so many meetings. All skill levels have been able to easily figure out how to utilize the product. It's been a real life-saver for our department.

I would love to see the completed projects being able to sort and view better. It gets hard to go back to a job and see what we've done before or re-open. Also, copying the entire job itself would be great.

Gleb
CEO in Estland

All great, just misses some "sprint planning mode" :)

4.0 vor 6 Jahren

Kommentare: We use activecollabe every day for project management, but now when we paln sprints and use scrum, we had to look for some other sof for planing sprints, if such feature will be available in active colab out of the box, would be just awesom! :) Something there you can see all open tasks from all projects and you could drag them to back log of the sprint and than drag over to sprint todo or done or what ewer there can be (kind of list/kanban view) and of course setting a spring length and so on :)
This is one of the most missing features for us :(

Easy of use, all in one place, we like invoices a lot!

Missing sprint planing option, a lot!! :) we now use scrumdo.com for sprintplaning :( would be coll to have such functionality inside activecollab. this will make activecollab bes projectmanagement tool out there!