Informer

Informer Bewertungen

Infomer is intuitive to use and easy to install and deploy across multiple databases

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: I recently selected Entrinsik Informer to fill a need for real time and scheduled reporting in a distribution environment with Infor SX.e (ERP), Infor Storefront (Ecommerce), TWL (Warehouse Logistics) Tour de Force (CRM), and a new Infor Proof of Delivery product.

Software installation and connecting to various data sources was very easy and support was very helpful. I was in production with the product literally within days and without a drawn-out, expensive, resource intensive implementation. Their people are absolutely top-notch.
Out of the box, the product is pretty much a blank slate. That's was exactly what I was looking for. It is not a prebuild set of management tools/reports/dashboards that are already integrated with my specific ERP. You will want to have some knowledge of your databases if there is not a mapping suite already available. That has not been a problem for the platforms/dbs I've mentioned but it's something to be mindful of. Also it would be helpful to know javascript for certain field calculations - I've never really worked with javascript before and it's something I've picked up while working with the product. Overall, I'm a really big fan of the product. Pretty much right out of the gate, I was building near real time alerts for conditions that required action throughout the day, I was building reports and dashboards for a Proof of Delivery app that is in development and for which those tools just didn't exist yet in the app. I created reporting that helps keep customer data consistent between ERP, CRM and ecommerce systems. I was able to create loss prevention alerts on access to sensitive databases. I've pretty much accomplished in the first few months what I set out to do with the product initially and now, I'm working on finding new ways to use the product. I will say that one specific advantage to the product and one that I can ROI the thing with all by itself is in managing user licenses for other products. I have been able to use the 'Live Excel' capability to give access to real time queries from various dbs without having to pay for/manage additional user licenses for other products. I recommend the product and look forward to collaborating with other users.

All system data can be collected and therefore summarized and analyzed with Informer! Fantastic!

Bedienkomfort

Vorteile: Once a custom report is written, a user can copy and edit the report to suit different needs. You aren't constantly having to start from scratch with building a report. Informer has been a great tool for fundraising for my organization.

Nachteile: I would like to see the geographics be a little more at a macro level--down to counties and cities.

Excited for the Version 5 release. Version 4 has been difficult since we migrated to SQL.

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: The ability to write quick, ad-hoc reports.

Vorteile: I like being able to use native SQL to write my queries. One of the most promising things, at the moment, is that Version 5 is close to being released. We are part of the ICE Consortium and ICE support is not that well-versed in the use of Informer. Informer is an easy to use GUI environment reporting tool.

Nachteile: Some of the things I like least about Informer are, since our migration from UniData to SQL, we have issues with record duplicates and auto normalization. It would be nice if there was an editor that assisted with the writing of native SQL code or even java scripting.

Really easy to set up and use. I was writing reports in a couple hours.

Bedienkomfort

Vorteile: It's quick and responsive. It has been used to solve a lot of data mysteries created by our users...

Nachteile: Nothing really other then trying to use more of the functionality of the product...................

We use Informer for all our reporting from our Datatel Database

Bedienkomfort

Vorteile: Easy to use. Intuitive. Meets our reporting needs. Little training required for new users to get started.

A powerful and exceptional reporting tool

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: It is a high speed, low drag, Teflon coated reporting companion!

Vorteile: The ability to take multiple datasources and have them all flow into one melting pot report sets it above the rest! That and the bells, whistles and gizmos this tool comes with clearly shows Entrinsik has people on the inside who KNOW what reporting people on the outside are looking for!

Nachteile: There's a learning curve, but the more you get in there and get your hands dirty, the more intuitive it becomes.

Very intuitive software.

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: This software is easy to use and makes report writing fast and fun. I use it on a daily basis, easy to import into Tableau.

Vorteile: its easy

Nachteile: logging in

Easy to use, multi-database reporting has changed our reporting culture

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Being able to combine data from both a SQL and Unidata database into a single report and share that information across a secure framework has opened up our users to many new avenues of business analytics. Applicant, Drug and Background, New Hire, Time Clock, Benefits Enrollment etc... are all separate applications and have their own databases, yet we are still able to combine it all into one report. The ease of automation has allowed us to do away with many of the manual reports that were being run on a regular basis. Decision makers get snapshots of real-time data sent to their inboxes where they can use that information to make on-the-fly decisions. Upgrading is a snap and the online documentation and user group can answer most questions. The continued development and improvements in performance show a commitment to the Informer community. We are very happy with our decision to make Informer our ad-hoc reporting solution.

Informer is an incredible reporting package. I can't imagine being without.

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: I am generally extremely stingy with my star ratings, so 4's and 5's mean a LOT to me. The company:
Everyone that I have worked with, from sales through support has always been prompt, polite, and most important, very helpful. I've never had a problem getting a hold of anyone at Entrinsik, and can generally count on quick resolutions.
The product:
Informer is easy to use for the non-technical users, yet has flexibility for the more advanced users. We utilize Informer for many different functions around the college. We have about 150 automated reports, some sending emails, some creating saved lists, some saving files to the server to be transferred elsewhere. Many of the schedules have been set up and forgotten. This may sound odd, but it means that we don't have to "baby-sit" the process. It runs without needing assistance, which lets us spend our time elsewhere.
In short, we love Informer. :)

Informer is an outstanding institutional reporting solution.

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: I find that Informer allows us great flexibility in report writing. Existing SQL queries or those developed using other tools can be copied directly into Informer where they can take advantage of Informer's access control and distribution features, as well as analytics, charting and other features.
For less experienced users, complex data relationships can be simplified through data mapping allowing novice users to develop queries and get needed data quickly and easily using Informer's report definition features. Of course this requires an experienced person to set up the data mappings first, but once that is done, inexperienced users will have no difficulty getting the data they need.
I also enjoy the ease with which I can combine data from multiple sources into a single report.
As a new user, I have found the training resources to be very good and the product easy to learn and use.

Business Intelligence

Kommentare: I en-devour it

Vorteile: Perfect for boardroom training and it has efficiency in making issues more pleasurably for endurance and has meaning in issues rectifications.

Nachteile: Work on it even more for your to get to the final product. It will then give the best result ever. Do business intelligence matters for provisioning.

Informer is a great product. It is easy to use, easy to set up, and Entrinisk offers A+ support!

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: I am completely satisfied with Entrinisk and their product Informer. Pros:
- no consultant/vendor support required to have an environment up and running within an hour
- never have issues with stability or unexpected downtime
- when you have questions, Entrinisk's support is extremely fast at responding, and they typically get it right the first time.
- Reasonably priced compared to other reporting solutions
- report on many different database types
- can combine data from multiple data sources into a single report
- can report off of data housed in it's own data(ie # of reports ran, access etc)
- import/export capabilities to share reports across organizations
- scheduling reports is easy
... I could go on and on...
Cons:
Honestly I cannot think of any.

Great, Easy to use, easy to upgrade reporting tool

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: We have been a long time customer of Informer and as the Administrator, I have found Informer's flexibility and central dissemination of reports fantastic. We just purchased Dashboards and are currently rolling it out to our customers so that our executives can have visual reporting at their fingertips. We had an issue with another database and were unable to use the tool it came with. We were told there was no way to integrate it with our Student Information System. No problem. Within ten minutes, I had it hooked up with Informer and now we have weekly uploads emailed directly to a staff member for processing. We have saved two hours a week of work time with a single report that took less than an hour to set up from scratch.

Interesting alternative to SSRS

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: It is easier to build pretty reports without installing extra software such as SSRS and licensing is cheaper than SSRS.

Vorteile: Allows us to design interesting and pretty reports without needing to know a complex SQL query to join the data

Nachteile: Lack of built-in self reporting tools. Would be handy to be able to report on which dashboards use which reports. We built our own report for doing this.
Also, with it being entirely java based on the server side, it can have some problems with garbage collection.

Quick and Easy to get going, but many many features allowing quite complex reporting

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: There are endless possibilities with the feature set it has today. We have owned the product for 5-6 years and the feature set has grown substantially in that time frame. One of the things that has stood out for me is the time it takes to go from ground zero(not even installed) to having significant return on investment(reports being produced) is surprisingly short compared to other reporting tools I've been exposed to. Users seem to pick up how to tweak and run reports within minutes of being exposed to a single report. Well worth the investment.

Great Tool for Reporting and More!

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: We have used Informer for about 8 years. This product is easy to use for novices, but also has many powerful features for more advanced users. One mission-critical use is to populate other systems with the "scheduled report" feature. Data can be exported to other servers at programmed times. For example, we use this to keep our website populated with directory and class schedule information.
The customer support is also outstanding. Both complex and simple questions are answered quickly and accurately.
I would highly recommend this product!

Informer provides AAA reporting software

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Informer has saved me hours/months/years of programming reports from our legacy software and has allowed data to be transferred to dashboards with ease. Being realistic from a Pick system you must setup your dictionaries correctly and make sure you can snap periodic data, but once that's done it's not only easy, but it's fun to use. And the main thing is Entrinsik listen to customers. It may not look like ms powerbi at this stage but it has quality and beats salesforce who don't yet have trend charts. Well developed and qa'd entrinsik!

Very easy to write 'quick' reports for users. Flexible with SQL or Informer commands

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Native SQL is very easy to use and is generally good for all reports. Some more complex SQL functions may give issues but for the most part queries can be transferred from SQL queries directly to an Informer report.
Reports can be created within minutes and unless complicated links are used can be run very quickly. Informer reports have saved our users a lot of time and efforts because of the ease of getting data.
Support on issues (customer service) and regular updates to the Informer application is very good and timely.

Can't imagine how we did business before we started using Informer

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: For 15 years, we used QueryBuilder for our main University reporting tool. Since we purchased Informer in 2011, we have significantly increased our overall productivity. We moved from having 8 report writers to over 100 which decentralizes our reporting needs out to the departments where it belongs. The IT staff is not spending time on mundane, regularly-needed reports. The scheduling, analytics, and ease-of-use in Informer have truly made a difference. The Support Staff at the Informer help desk are prompt and efficient.

Best reporting product for the price!

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Informer has proven to be a tool we can't do without on our campus. This tool has provided us with the ability to provide ad hoc reporting to any user whose job demands reporting. The ability to schedule reports to be run keeps us up to date on a lot of things we struggled with in the past. Plus, the ability to export reports in various formats has proven to be very helpful. Informers ability to traverse the database is super powerful and a huge time saver.

Powerful but easy to use; ties together many data sources

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Pros: works with many data sources at once, tying them together; supports many types of databases including multi-value and sql; supports a community of users working at many different levels (from simple drag and drop to command line to scripting); easy mapping; forward and backward linking between tables; robust security; live excel and dashboards for consumers; responsive customer service
Cons: I'll let you know if I find any

Best Reporting Software I have ever used.

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Informer is one of those rare pieces of software that combines ease of use with great customer service. Even loading and maintaining this software is simple and straight forward. Each upgrade that Entrinsik sends is helpful and addresses issues that help make the software more useful. Reports are simple and straight forward to build but can be as complicated as you would like them to be. Love using this product.

Overall product very easy to use.

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Some features need to be updated.. Dashboard charts all feature not the same for different chart types. Can do certain things with a Pie chart like present the amount on the dashboard without hovering over the slice. Great if you want to print out. But you cannot do this with a bar chart. All charts should work the same. Users would also like option to change colors on the bars.

Excellent Reporting Made Easy

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Informer is so easy to use and configure. We currently run multiple database types with ease and have the ability to combine data from multiple data sources into a single report. Informer can also schedule reports and deliver them via email or written directly to a file or network location. Informer makes managing thousands of reports simple and intuitive.

Informer

Bedienkomfort

Kommentare: Fairly easy to use but does require an understanding of the data source to pull in the data for reporting purposes. No so much work to get it operational. Could improve (current version 4.5) on connecting or combining multiple data sources for reporting. Offer more options for exports file types.