Schoology Erfahrungen

Filtern nach:

Über Schoology

Schoology ist das Unternehmen für Technologie im Bildungssektor, das Zusammenarbeit in den Mittelpunkt der Lernerfahrung setzt.

Erfahre mehr über Schoology

Andrew G.
Andrew G.
  • Bewertet am 26.6.2020

"Integrated Learning Management System"

Kommentare: Overall Schoology is going to allow for better implementation of curriculum as an online and hybrid option during this COVID19 pandemic.

Vorteile: Schoology integrates seemlessly into our district as we already use Powerschool so it will make it an easy transition for teachers into online learning.

Nachteile: The interface and mobile app could use a interface update to make it a little more friendly and easy to navigate.

• Bewertet am 26.6.2020
Tara M.
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.9.2021

"Virtual Learning Made Easy"

Kommentare: Overall, it's an inexpensive program that our district has adopted to use for virtual learning options. When the pandemic hit, students had to access their work through Schoology, and teachers had to use it to upload assignments. As a program, it is fairly simple to use. It takes a few tries at first, and then you get used to it. It has a wide range of options for uploading content including: documents, videos, YouTube and HTML links, and quizzes/tests.

Vorteile: Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to create quizzes using Google Forms and upload them into Schoology as an assignment. You can also directly create an assignment in Schoology itself which is pretty easy to do. I frequently create math tests on here, because it is so easy and has different options like multiple choice, sequencing, etc.

Nachteile: I had to take an initial training course to understand this software better. There are a few confusing buttons when creating an assignment - but after a few tries, you get used to it. (I would recommend watching some YouTube videos about how to use Schoology if you're interested in buying this software for your school. They have some very helpful ones on there.)

• Bewertet am 29.9.2021
Courtney M.
n/a
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.5.2019

"Terrible app even worse customer service"

Kommentare: Terrible app with even worse customer service

Vorteile: It was easy to manage my son's schooling.

Nachteile: It's clunky you have to go in and out to see different grades instead of being under one easy tab. Don't even think of forgetting your password. There is no reset function available and when you ask for help you get a super snarky email. I will copy and paste Hi Cmac0521, We are no longer accepting ticket submissions from Basic users. Helpdesk ticketing support is a feature of our Enterprise subscription. You can see what’s included in Enterprise here. To support our millions of free (Basic) users, we have invested in providing you easy access to better support resources, like the newly launched Schoology Guide Center. We also recommend visiting the Schoology Help Center where you can access a wealth of information about Schoology as well as engage with our member Community. Not sure if you’re a ‘Basic’ account holder? Instructors: if you see the word “Upgrade” in the upper left corner of your Schoology account of your account - that means you’re Basic! Parents and Students: check with your instructor! Sincerely,
Schoology Support
Basically "you didn't pay we don't want to help you, go annoy the school. You're Basic LOL" - Schoology "customer service"

• Bewertet am 8.5.2019
Angela R.
Online Teacher
E-Learning, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.7.2021

"All Systems in One Place"

Kommentare: Schoology has been extremally useful to me as a teacher both during the pandemic and after. I appreciate the Schoology teams constant innovation and dedication to teachers and students. I look forward to using it again next year. Students and parents both find it easy to use and I have had positive results using the platform.

Vorteile: I love that I can login once and be able to access a variety of programs and software. The one user login is awesome! I like that I can send out messages to students either through the messenger feature or by placing an announcement in each class. I also like being able to go directly from one website (for example Newsela) to another (for example Nearpod) with in the platform itself. Set up classes is a breeze, and I appreciate how seamless Schoology has made it for teachers. The training I received from Schoology staff is also very good.

Nachteile: As with any LMS, there is a learning curve, but it ranks as one of the better LMSs in terms of easy of use. I would like to see Zoom integrated directly into each class, as an additional option.

• Bewertet am 16.7.2021
Amy J.
Teacher/director
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.8.2021

"Excellent LMS with a variety of features"

Kommentare: I love Schoology. The few times I needed support, the individuals I spoke with were amazing. The features and ease of Schoology outshines other Learning Management Systems on the market. Other than the couple of quirks I mentioned above, this is a product good for a wide range of ages and courses.

Vorteile: I have been using Schoology for approximately five years now and I find it to be the easiest LMS with the most features of all the other ones I’ve tried. It is so easy to organize in whatever way is most convenient for you and your course. It supports video uploads from multiple different kinds of sources whether be YouTube or Loom or Edpuzzle. Students love the use of badges where teachers can send “gold star” encouragement to students like “most improved” or other distinctions. Students can easily email their teachers through Schoology. Course updates allow for whole class communication. The pro list goes on and on.

Nachteile: The biggest con I have experienced occasionally rears its head when I try to sync Schoology to PowerSchool. I find that some assignments will not sync. Even after I go through all of the usual troubleshooting details such as having a due date or the assignment title being too long, nothing will get it to sync. This is not a huge problem maybe one assignment and 50. What is frustrating, is that when you go into the sync page the error listed doesn’t tell you what to look for us just simply says “failed the sync. Another frustration I have is when I want to unpublished material to students In Schoology that unpublished material is then unpublished in PowerSchool. Just because I want to on publish it in Schoology does it mean I want their grades in assignments to be unseen in PowerSchool.

• Bewertet am 3.8.2021
Jennie W.
  • Bewertet am 1.9.2020

"Schoology Junkie"

Vorteile: I absolutely love the gradebook and it is so east to use. Grading the project and watching it automatically upload to the gradebook saves sooo much time.

Nachteile: I hate the uploading feature. It makes you jump through too many screens to upload a document. On the teacher side I do not like the missed assignments tally. When you click on a resubmitted assignment for example it never takes you straight to what was resubmitted. It will take you to the overall assignment and then I have to guess which student resubmitted it.

• Bewertet am 1.9.2020
Head Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2021

"Easy but not....."

Kommentare: During the early days of our school, we used Schoolology. Although it was very convenient for teachers to use, students had difficulties combining various contents.

Vorteile: One of the strengths of Schoolology is how easy it is to use. The user interface is intuitive.

Nachteile: However, it can be tricky to combine various platforms. Google Classroom allows multiple activities with one account, but Schoolology has limits.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2021
Matthew C.
Instructor
Hochschulbildung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.12.2020

"Clutch for shifting to online learning"

Kommentare: Overall, Schoology was a lifesaver. We experimented with different products but really enjoyed the controls we had as instructors. In a time when the pandemic hit, we were struggling to find the application that worked best for us and this ended up being the perfect fit. It was a huge bonus that it came free and that we were able to find a testing software to continue our online education. Kudos!

Vorteile: The features that made choosing Schoology the most impactful was that it was free, had many controls as a course instructor and created safeguards for academic integrity. It had more controls to avoid cheating, created amazing supports for test writing (test bank, fill-in-the-blank, mix-and-match, time allotment, weighting etc.). It was very user friendly in that it created items that we used in in-person teaching and made life so much easier!

Nachteile: My co-teacher and I had a hard time figuring out how to prevent students from receiving their grades right after submitting their exams. I'm sure it was a matter of deep diving more, but in our scenario of first-time users, the students received their final grades after their final exam rather than giving us a few minutes to explore the stats and realize if we needed to drop questions or not.

• Bewertet am 9.12.2020
Tara M.
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2020

"Virtual Learning Experts"

Kommentare: Schoology was chosen as our program for virtual learning from home during the COVID pandemic. As a teacher, I was overwhelmed at first, but caught on quickly. Now, I use Schoology to upload lessons, create tests and quizzes, and even upload YouTube read-alouds for student viewing. It has been a vital resource to allow me to connect with my students.

Vorteile: Schoology seems overwhelming at first, but is pretty easy to catch on to once you start to upload material. There are plenty of user guides and how-to tips available on their website to help out as well. Schoology allows me to teach lessons virtually to my students during the pandemic.

Nachteile: It is a little more complicated to upload some things such as google forms to the site.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2020
Angela H.
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2021

"Versatile Learning Management System"

Kommentare: Overall, the application has made it beneficial in that all educational needs are in one place; assessments, assignments, grades, messaging

Vorteile: This software had been instrumental in making learning available both in the classroom and at-home learning for students that are out for any reason.

Nachteile: It is time consuming to post Google Applications in all of the classes. You can post the assignment but you have to go into each class and attach the document.

• Bewertet am 4.2.2021
Math Teacher/Digital Learning Specialist
E-Learning, 501-1’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2020

"Best LMS hands down!"

Kommentare: I've built many project-based and blended learning courses within the Schoology LMS that have allowed me to revolutionize the traditional classroom. We saw huge increases in student accountability and achievement, and tracking student progress has never been so easy. We also use Schoology to take asynchronous remote attendance with just a few clicks of a button. I am extremely proud of what my school has been able to accomplish with this platform. The feedback and ideas I get from both students and teachers continues to inspire me to take learning to the next level using Schoology. Our new virtual classroom is more fun, interactive, and engaging than ever before!

Vorteile: Schoology is packed with features that let educators customize their courses and content to meet the specific learning needs of various populations of students. The user interface is fresh, simple, and easy to navigate. Many popular external applications are already integrated and available to use within the Schoology platform and sync effortlessly with the gradebook. For me personally, I really appreciate the way I can build customized, authentic, and engaging assessments from their wide assortment of question types. Schoology also has a badge rewards system where teachers can reward students for accomplishing certain tasks. Schoology simply is super customizable with a ton of features that other LMS don't offer.

Nachteile: As a user of many learning management systems over the past decade, there is no area where I feel Schoology is lacking in. It is the best for what it does.

• Bewertet am 26.8.2020
Philip P.
Philip P.
  • Bewertet am 9.7.2020

"A Full Service LMS Offers So Many More Options"

Kommentare: We've been using for four years and they keep making it better! All of my course content is in Schoology and since I teach using the flipped classroom model, the switch to fully online learning in the spring was pretty much seamless for all my students with home internet access. I am also a Schoology Ambassador.

Vorteile: Our district uses Schoology as a district-wide Learning Management System (LMS). We switched to Schoology last year and I use Schoology for almost all of my course work. I teach using the flipped classroom model and Schoology's platform allows me to share my lecture videos, conduct assessments of student knowledge and understanding, give assignments, and to provide communication with students and parents. All of my content is available to my students through Schoology 24/7, I can make it available in a variety of ways, and I can make updates in real-time. Schoology's introduction of the Google Assignment App has me excited about our switch to Chromebooks. This app allows you to attach a Google Doc (say a study guide) as part of an assignment. When students open the assignment the document is copied, renamed, and added to their Google Drive. No more students opening or copying a new version of the document each time they go back to the assignment instead of to the copy they made but didn't actually rename as the directions stated. The document is 'tied' to the assignment and updates no matter where they work on it from (inside the assignment or through their Google Drive.) I also use the platform’s completion rules to give students autonomy while also keeping them on track. Another great option is the ability to add images to pages, updates, announcements, and folders to give visual information, help guide students, and give them access options. I also am able to hyperlink

Nachteile: While they've done a great job updating the product, however, I wish the pace of that was faster. For example, they introduced a new "Assessments" feature that was to eventually replace the "Test/Quiz" feature once it had all of the same options. While the question types in Assessments are nicer, it is two years later and it is still missing features of Test/Quiz including the ability to comment on individual student questions, auto-correction and rescoring if you made a mistake in setting up the correct answer in a question, and importantly, they still have not added a question test bank option for Assessments. Without the option to randomly pull questions from question banks I still use Test/Quiz for later end of unit assessments and semester exams.

• Bewertet am 9.7.2020
Technology Director
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2020

"Schoology - Powerful, but User Friendly LMS"

Kommentare: Schoology has been a game changer for us. As a district that previously used an open source alternative, we really took a risk by rolling out a new product that was not free. Teachers have really embraced the platform, which is allowing us to move toward a model where learning is individualized and focused on the needs of the learner.

Vorteile: Schoology feels like a social media platform. It's easy to use and makes sense when you're using it. It has a tremendous ability to be extended with integrations with Google, Microsoft, etc. and connects well with other learning platforms that are important in K-12 settings.

Nachteile: At the enterprise level, sometimes support the can be lackluster when dealing with things such as the synchronization between Schoology and PowerSchool. On the positive side, we anticipate with PowerSchool's purchase of Schoology that this might improve over time.

• Bewertet am 18.1.2020
Brian H.
Brian H.
Graduate Student (MBA)
Hochschulbildung, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.8.2019

"Engagement Promotes Student Retention"

Kommentare: While Facebook has had some bad press regarding privacy here lately, the overall impact and popularity of social media in general and Facebook in particular is undeniable and has become a permanent part of online culture. Why? Because Facebook is, by design, set up in such a manner that it is both extraordinarily easy to use and navigate around, and because it has a well-documented tendency to "suck you in" - it keeps you engaged with the platform. It's easy. It's interesting. It's fun. It's entertainment. So what does that have to do with Schoology, you ask? Immediately after registering for my Schoology account provided by my grad school (MBA student), I was very surprised to see what looked and felt just like Facebook, but with an academic focus. The main feature is the user's feed, which looked and felt exactly like any social media feed. It contained posts from the school admin and financial aid, posts from instructors with information, videos, etc., pertinent to the current material, and posts from fellow classmates asking questions so classmates and the instructor could all interact on the thread. Users are able to "Like" a post or even direct message others in a private, Messenger-style chat feature. Surrounding the feed are links to everything the student needs for college success, from financial aid to wellness. Simply put, Schoology's brilliant adaptation of a popular technology makes studying easy, interesting, fun, and entertaining.

Vorteile: Schoology is academia's answer for engaging with today's social media obsessed generation of students.

Nachteile: I can virtually ALWAYS come up with something that I didn't like, Schoology however is one of those few exceptions. For the sake of entering a "con" however, I will say the one lacking feature I did wish users had would be an option to switch from the blaring white to a dark mode type theme. Helpful for battery life when using mobile devices and also more conducive for night-time study and eye health. After all, many students are working while studying, leaving night time as their only option to get their classwork done.

• Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Gilda G.
Technology Integration Specialist
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2018

"Schoology - like a Swiss army knife for educators!"

Kommentare: I have used Schoology as a teacher with students and as a professional development platform with other teachers. I love all the options I have for sharing content of all types and engaging students in many ways. I constantly find new features to try out with my students. In addition, I am one of the system admins for our school district. I have used both the Basic (free) version and the Enterprise version. Schoology Support is always helpful, and while they cannot always meet my needs right away, they are always working on site improvements and new features.

Vorteile: •Ease of use - Most teachers, students, and parents learn to navigate the LMS pretty easily. •Many levels of use - Teachers can begin using the LMS at a simple, basic level with great success, and then progress to use more advanced features that enrich the educational experience of their students. I love incorporating online discussions and media albums in my classes. •Anywhere, anytime - Teachers can set up their daily classes in Schoology, embedding images, media, discussions, quizzes, and more. This lends itself to all types of teaching experiences from whole class to small group to individual assignments. Assignments can actually be assigned to small groups or individual students, and these will not populate the Schoology feeds of other students. The Schoology course can be used to facilitate the classroom experience, but also allows student access to classroom content 24/7. •Great integration with G Suite - Schoology plays very well with all things Google. I love the Google Drive Assignments app, which organizes my students’ assignments so beautifully.

Nachteile: •Cannot create recurring calendar events.
•Badges are only visible on Profile Page. I wish they were more visible on all pages, like they are in Khan Academy. Badges are also not visible on the iOS platform.
•I wish assignments had both “assigned on” dates, as well as “due dates.”

• Bewertet am 25.9.2018
David W.
7-12 Online Learning Coordinator
E-Learning, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.12.2016

"Schoology for Classes and Professional Development"

Kommentare: In my 7 years as a teacher, I was always looking for the latest and greatest tools. The one thing that never changed, was Schoology. They are constantly improving their product and updating to make it better. I used all the free features of Schoology with my students. We took all of our assessments via their platform. They submitted assignments, essays, and projects via the other software. I was able to easily attach rubrics to the work that students were creating. My favorite piece was the discussions. It allowed me to elicit responses from all students, not just the ones who were willing to raise their hands. I would often use the online discussions to facilitate a face to face discussion in class the next day. I was able to use the responses from the online portion to direct and call out specific responses that could further our in class discussion. Schoology is an all around great tool, if you are looking for an LMS, it would be a mistake not to consider Schoology. In my current role, I provide more professional development support. I am working with teachers on their implementation of Schoology and other tools. Schoology allows me a way to deliver online courses to teachers and support them in their growth. It is a great experience for our teachers to use Schoology as a student, this gives them the perspective they need when it is time to work with their students. It also affords us the opportunity to show them some best practices of using an LMS. Schoology is a winner in every way, I wouldn't be where I am today without Schoology, and our teachers wouldn't be making the gains they are without the support of Schoology.

Vorteile: There is an instant comfort to using Schoology for students and teachers. Most things are very easy to find and within a couple uses, teachers begin to develop confidence with the program. As a teacher, I was easily able to teach myself (with some online guidance) how to accomplish what I needed. The range of options available for free is outstanding and the paid version just adds the icing to the cake!

Nachteile: There are times where it seems like I have to click a lot of buttons to execute something. There are some quirks (as there are with many programs) that don't seem 100% logical to me. With that said, Schoology is always willing to listen, things may not be fixed immediately but it is nice to know they are aware.

• Bewertet am 8.12.2016
Crystal H.
Teaching and Learning Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement
  • Bewertet am 3.2.2017

"BEST LMS experience for teachers, students, admin and community!"

Kommentare: Moodle. Blackboard. Edmodo. Google Classroom. Each year of teaching seemed to bring with it another piecemeal LMS until we found Schoology! Schoology allows our teachers, students, admin and community to stay informed and connected. As a teacher, Schoology was easy to figure out due to its intuitive platform. I love the various features and app integrations that allow students to do much of their online learning within the platform avoiding third party site visits and lots of extra clicking. As an Enterprise user, I also appreciate the SIS integration with PowerSchool that automatically transfers student grades from Schoology. The group feature allows me to easily send updates about One-Act and Speech practice schedules or leave time reminders that can be routed to students' phones, and the groups also provide excellent PLNs for various topics. Admins have begun harnessing the power of online professional development modules via Schoology as well. Students enjoy the calendar view, which we have taught them to use like a planner and appreciate the quick feedback from assessments. Parents enjoy more transparency about what is going on at school and the media albums work great for capturing all of the awesome learning that needs to be recognized and celebrated. As a BlendEd Learning leader, Schoology is integral to day to day planning and organization. I also appreciate that Schoology is very responsive to user issues and requests. Their Client Success team is there to answer questions and trouble shoot when you need them, and the product developers are always taking suggestions and creating new features to make the platform more user friendly for teachers and students. Unlike previous platforms, Schoology is my one-stop shop that is here to stay! After four years of use, I couldn't imagine teaching without it!

Vorteile: -Ease of use
-Groups provide online PLNs
-Supportive client services
-Excellent BlendEd Platform
-Can align with CC or state standards
-Allows for competency-based grading (Mastery via Enterprise)
-Parent log in options (one log in for all of their kids)
-App works well on Mac and Android devices

Nachteile: -Can't create reoccurring events or assignments (yet)
-PowerSchool Pro and Schoology integration in beta only (Enterprise)

• Bewertet am 3.2.2017
William I.
Schoology Administrator
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 9.11.2015

"Communicate, Question, Appreciate"

Vorteile: As a vendor, Schoology is top notch. I feel like the crew there is an extension of my immediate work group. Everyone at Support, our Account Manager, and especially their PD team are friendly and professional. I follow many of them on Twitter and we share ideas and thoughts on the product. I'm thankful for their responsiveness and their authenticity about not being able to do everything at all times, but to hear all concerns and appropriately triage them for the product's future. The product is very clean and straightforward. I am a system administrator for our institution, so I am always poking around in the nitty gritty. I may be the sole user at our institution that uses as many aspects of Schoology as I do. From course level settings, to groups, to system wide, I am all over the product and I heartily give my approval. I can navigate through the product with ease and can easily lead others in doing the same. I support our faculty and students on using the product, so it's great to know when I point them to a feature that it will always look and operate the same. I might say that is the BEST part of the product: the uniformity. We previously used Moodle, and our setup was not uniform. Thankfully, Schoology is.

Nachteile: The product is young and still catered towards the K12 environment. The language, the features, and the community of users are primarily K12. While that's not a big deal, it can often make community events or new features irrelevant to the higher ed environment.
The only other downside is that there are not many settings for students with special needs. It is often clunky to create workarounds to accommodate students who need more time in quizzes or struggle to access media content.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 9.11.2015
Nick A.
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.12.2018

"Number 1 LMS on the Market"

Kommentare: Overall, I can't imagine my experience both teaching using Schoology and leading professional development for teachers without Schoology. It has afforded me an opportunity to totally revamp my district's PD to something more teacher centered, self paced, and differentiated, by putting together an online database of modules tailored to our specific district needs.

Vorteile: This is hands-down my go-to LMS for education. Having used a variety of LMS programs out there, and having come from some such as Google Classroom, and 3DGameLab, Schoology is top notch. Constantly being updated, Schoology helps transition the focus from the teacher to the student. The best features are Schoology's ability to integrate with other tools, as teachers can embed edtech tools such as Padlet, Polleverywhere, Thinglink, etc into a Schoology assignment using their LTI integration. As they continue to partner with other edtech companies, some of these then become options within their platform. I have used their integrated Conferences, Lock Down Browser, and more. The ability to transition ownership to the students, monitor their work while letting them work at their own pace is truly remarkable and a game-changer in education.

Nachteile: There are some things I wish were available such as the ability to share an entire folder of contents with an individual student, or to set separate completion rules/dates for assignments within a folder. Not sure why these aren't options. I also think a way to automatically award badges upon completion would really help teachers cut down on time awarding them.

• Bewertet am 17.12.2018
David T.
Former Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 501-1’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2020

"Schoology is a great way to engage students!"

Kommentare: Overall Schoology was a great way to engage students and assess their learning in a more interactive and interesting way. The student's seemed to like it better than using just books so it was more engaging for them.

Vorteile: Before I transitioned out of teaching, I used Schoology quite a bit as a teacher. Schoology made it easy and convenient to engage students in the classroom. You could post informational resources for them such as notes and websites, or create more interactive lessons with embedded youTube or other videos and they can be set up so students can do scavenger hunt type things on the computer. They also can be used for assessments to see if students learned the material they were supposed to, as an exit ticket, or a way to review information at home. These assessments could then be loaded directly into e-school for student grades.

Nachteile: One thing I found difficult was sometimes setting up answers to questions especially if I wanted a more free response type of question, although they do offer ways to grade on a rubric as well. Sadly in the day and age of inflating grades there was also no way to grade on a curve, which meant that even though grades could be directly loaded into e-school, administrators desired you to then have to go back into e-school to inflate student grades. All in all they seemed to be keen to adding new features that made things easier for teachers. They also had two different kinds of assessments, one of which I found not nearly as friendly as the other to use.

• Bewertet am 26.7.2020
Kelsey A.
E-Learning, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

"Soar with Schoology"

Kommentare: Schoology is by far the best educational tool for students, even in Elementary School. The program is so easy to use, one-stop-shop for teachers to house all their materials, and a great way to keep parents informed and aware of their student's academics! I have used Schoology for 2 years and I have led the drive for this tool for elementary classrooms in my district. Schoology has changed the way I teach and how I personalize learning for my students! So easy for students to understand as well! I am extremely happy with Schoology and I would reccommend Schoology to be used in all districts across the world!

Vorteile: - Syncs straight to your Google Drive.
- Nearpod and EdPuzzle syncs right into Schoology courses.
- Syncs with District Gradebook for easy grading.
- Individualized folders and assignments is great for personalizing learning.
- Student completion tool to keep student's accountable for their work.
- Allows for embedding teacher videos so student's don't have to navigate away from Schoology.
- Add personal touches like course pictures, profile pictures, color folders, Bitmoji interactive classroom announcements, interactive buttons, etc.
- Great calendar feature to put in meetings and share with other students or educators.
- Great for all ages!

Nachteile: There are a lot of districts across the world now adopting Schoology so sometimes the software could be slower than usual. I would also like to be able to change the colors of the folders to my own options.

Janelle W.
Digital Learning Coach
Bildungsmanagement, 5’001-10’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.7.2020

"Schoology for Synchronous and Asychronous Learning"

Kommentare: We use Schoology to provide synchronous and asynchronous instruction for our students across all schools and grade levels in our district. Overall, the experience has been positive.

Vorteile: What I like most about Schoology is the ability to integrate multiple external tools within a Schoology course--you can embed videos, apps, and other tools directly within Schoology, which allows students a single point of access for all of the learning tools they'll need for a given lesson. For example, you can easily embed a FlipGrid, Padlet, or EdPuzzle directly into Schoology--this has been a great benefit to teachers and students.

Nachteile: There are a few small issues that we have a Schoology users--the most notable is the inability to force-submit quizzes and tests on behalf of students who forget to submit their assessments. This makes it impossible for the teacher to grade a students work without having the student go in an press the submit button. Additionally, the inability of teachers to rotate pages in document submissions (i.e. the student uploads a document horizontally, but it needs to be read vertically) adds additional difficulties for teachers as they grade. Finally, the fact that when a student uploads multiple pages to an assignment, Schoology displays them in size order instead of in the order they are uploaded increases difficulty for teachers when it comes to grading because often an assignment is not in the correct order.

Ann F.
District Instructional Technology Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.6.2018

"Schoology is central to our successful 1:1 blended learning classrooms providing digital workflow."

Kommentare: The software is central to our curriculum delivery in our 1:1 blended learning classrooms. It is a core app that we use daily and streamlines communication, assessment, and assignments.

Vorteile: Schoology is intuitive for both teachers and students. I love that Schoology is specifically designed for K-12 and has a simple interface for primary students. Schoology provides students one place to access curriculum content, collaborate with peers, and receive immediate feedback from assessments. Our teachers leverage several features in Schoology including grading groups and completion rules. Teachers can privately differentiate curriculum materials to individual students or groups with just a click using grading groups. Teachers can also design lessons that utilize completion rules which forces students to complete on activity with a certain degree of accuracy before moving on to the next activity. Teachers can also provide students feedback in a variety of formats which can include audio, video, drawings or written. The feedback is available to students as soon as it is graded. In addition to courses, Schoology also has a group feature which is one place for teachers to share curriculum materials with one another. The content in the group is shared with just a click to any course. This makes it very easy to move materials from teachers to students without the need to download or upload files, creating a smooth digital workflow.

Nachteile: None. The Schoology team is responsive to feedback and the team is constantly striving to make improvements.

• Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Student
Vorstandsbüro, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2019

"Schoology Efficiency"

Kommentare: I wanted to see if there was a difference in doing school work online and doing school work the traditional way using pen and paper. While you can get more distracted doing school work through Schoology since you are online and you have more access to other applications, I felt encouraged to finish my work faster and more efficiently since it was easy to access and it was quicker to type in my work instead of writing it. Also, it was motivating to see my progress in each class so I know what I need to work on and how well I’m doing. Overall, it was a good experience and if I had more professors utilizing this application/software, I would like it.

Vorteile: It was extremely convenient not only as a student but for staff and teachers that manage a large amount of students. For students, they are more encouraged to finish the school work quickly due to its convenience since they are only required to have a technological device such as a tablet or phone and internet in order to finish their work. They can access this in school, home, or anywhere as long as they have access to the internet. The app or website is easy to navigate through as well. The same goes for teachers and other staff since they are able to go through each student’s work efficiently since they are listed under their respective classes. Both student and teacher are able to track the progress of their work and they are enabled to see how they are faring in each class which encourages each student to improve and teachers are able to see which topic a student needs to work on. Teachers are also able to post take-home quizzes and lectures online which students can conveniently access.

Nachteile: If the student does not have access to wifi or internet, they are unable to see their homework/school work and they won’t be able to submit their requirements.

• Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Deanna S.
Deanna S.
English Teacher
E-Learning, 501-1’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.9.2018

"Transforming the Digital Space"

Kommentare: Schoology has enabled me to create a digital platform for my students to access whenever and however they need. Being a traveling teacher has its own unique set of obstacles, but Schoology has empowered me to bring my in-person style and flare to the digital space. I no longer feel as I am scatted around multiple classrooms. Each of my digital classrooms are organized in the same manner so there is a sense of structure to my instruction, just like a physical space would allow.

Vorteile: I love that I can use Schoology as a vehicle to personalization--personalization for student learning and personalization for my instruction. I am able to add/delete assignments for students. I can create assignments for specific groups of students. It is easier to use the same rubric for similar assignments because the rubric is already built and saved. I can deliver lessons in various methods. My instruction and assessment have become more transparent (and more fair!) for students due to these features.

Nachteile: The features that I most dislike about Schoology revolve around the integrations with Google Drive and TurnItIn. While I have long applauded the Google integration, I detest that the Google assignments (when submitted through this integration) are not time stamped. Also, my colleagues and I have found TurnItIn to be a bit more complicated than necessary to use. It is not intuitive, and rather difficult to explain to students. I often end up not using it.

• Bewertet am 7.9.2018