Filtern nach:

Über Bloomfire

Einfacher Austausch von Wissen und Inhalten. Lade Mitglieder dazu ein, Experten zu folgen, Fragen zu stellen und Antworten zu erhalten.

Erfahre mehr über Bloomfire

Mary C.
Mary C.
Director, Market Research
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.11.2020

"Easy to use"

Kommentare: Implementation was a dream. They had a team that helped us manage the project and uploaded all our content for us. As a small team, this was important.

Vorteile: It transposes videos, provides full text search, allows for different groups to be created, user analysis so we know if we are getting our money's worth for the tool.

Nachteile: I wish I could edit docs in the tool. But there are few cons that we have found at this point in time.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: KnowledgeHound und Enverus

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Bloomfire: Video transcription, Google type search function, price

• Bewertet am 13.11.2020
Bernhard H.
Business Coach
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig

"Easy to use"

Kommentare: We use it to house all of the information for a product that I license. We share information across the user base, add articles and find relevant information about using the tools that we license.

Vorteile: Very clear navigation, you know where to find what you are looking for

Nachteile: Sometimes I have a hard time finding older articles and get mixed up with new and old material when I am looking for a specific piece of informaiton

Tyler C.
New Development - Ambulatory
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2019

"Recent Updates Diminish Value of Product Usability"

Kommentare: The initial experience was extremely positive, the recent updates significantly reduce the usefulness of the product specifically where tables and embedded documents are concerned.

Vorteile: We use the system as a knowledge base to inform our ongoing software implementations and keep our Support team up to speed on current functionality. I love that articles/posts are really easy to create and categorize. The search functionality works well which makes finding information very easy.

Nachteile: The product allows you to embed documents and create tables into posts. Unfortunately, a recent update to the user interface reduces the size of the article to about 1/3 the width of a monitor. As a result, tables and embedded documents are extremely difficult to read as the formatting is severely impacted. I am not sure how to post screenshots. I have escalated to our site administrator who was informed by Bloomfire support that there is no way to revert the settings. Given that we use the system as a knowledge base, we use tables extensively to summarize information for quick and simple digestion. We also regularly embed word documents, PDFs, and Excel files. The new layout/format makes those embedded documents unreadable without extensive zooming or direct downloading of the articles. Prior to this change, the product met our needs and was highly functional. That is no longer the case.

von Bloomfire an 13.6.2019

We're sorry to hear that the new format and layout changes have impacted your ability to read tables and embedded documents. Our Client Success team has reached out and would love to work with you to find a solution to this readability issue. We want Bloomfire to continue being as useful to your company as it was when you first started using it.

• Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Elise D.
Elise D.
Senior Knolwedge Manager
  • Bewertet am 15.7.2020

"Enables employees with a trove of knowledge"

Vorteile: I love how Bloomfire empowers everyone in our company to contribute to our knowledge base and interact with each other's contributions. The community features - commenting, liking, thumbnails - are key to creating that community feel. And it makes such a difference day-to-day to have a single source of truth for our organization. Also, you can't beat Bloomfire staff. Everyone I've interacted with from customer success to product to engineering has been top notch. They are responsive to immediate support needs and they evolve the product based on customer feedback.

Nachteile: Some employees find the navigation and search to be challenging. There are some things we need to change about our own implementation to address these issues, and we look forward to future product updates as well.

Carlos A.
Carlos A.
Director Kandy CPaaS/UC Solutions Marketing
Telekommunikation, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.12.2017

"Great way to socialized sales content and news"

Kommentare: It allowed us to have a searchable content repository of sales collateral and training as well as an announcement board for news and market research.

Vorteile: The "timeline view" for latest content and news. It allows sales to have a quick refresh of the latest developments in the business.

Nachteile: The search engine could use some optimization and has no easy tools to build product taxonomies which limits a bit its adoption as a sales enablement tool

• Bewertet am 8.12.2017
Barbara S.
Presidnet
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Boomfire review"

Kommentare: Not much

Vorteile: I can't say because I find the site cumbersome to use.

Nachteile: It is very discombobulated in terms of being able to find an item or article. Articles show up helter skelter in most cases
An alphabetical listing would make much more sense. In our site, the most recent articles appear first, which is nice but a lot of what is in our Bloomfire account if for reference purposes. There should be an optional way to view articles--1) the current way things show up and 2) an alphabetized listing

von Bloomfire an 14.7.2020

Hi Barbara, we currently provide the ability to sort articles by publish date, update date, alphabetical, or by popularity. These sort options are available on the homepage and search results screen. If you have any other product questions, please don't hesitate to contact Bloomfire Support.

Area Chair
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 2.2.2019

"Using Bloomfire as To Access Central Resources and Answers"

Vorteile: SImple navigation and UI
Clean design and organization of content
Good responsiveness
Nice app interface and functionality

Nachteile: Lacks a simple ability to DM account users
Filtering is not elegant and seems to stick at times requiring repeated clearing
Inconsistent ability to download on the app

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 2.2.2019
Events Manager
201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.4.2018

"Great tool to company-wide information!"

Kommentare: Our company shares lots of information across several platforms. Bloomfire has helped my company centralize important documents in one place so that it's easy for all employees to look for what they need.

Vorteile: It is user friendly, very simple to use and makes looking for information so fun and easy! I really like the Q&A section as well as the fact that you can follow specific teams / posts for future reference. My company uses both Dropbox and Bloomfire. Bloomfire is definitely the way to go!

Nachteile: I'd like to be able to share certain documents with specific teams and I'm not sure it is a feature at the moment.

• Bewertet am 18.4.2018
Alexis R.
Alexis R.
Customer Service Rep
Telekommunikation, 501-1’000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Bloomfire is the answer!!!"

Kommentare: Bloomfire is so amazing because its such a great product to have! Its literally the main source of knowledge for just about any question you could come up with for my company!

Vorteile: Bloomfire is great for obtaining all the knowledge your company needs to know! It is such a huge help to keep everyone informed and up to date on all product information!!

Nachteile: I wish bloomfire had a better filtering process. Sometimes the way you ask it a question, hinders you from finding the answer.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Dino P.
Dino P.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.11.2018

"A decent knowledge management platform"

Vorteile: The engagement part of it, with tracking/following separate contributors/topics/series. I also like the overall layout of the lessons you can customize.

Nachteile: Organizing the lessons doesn`t always go as planned - lots of times tags that are supposed to be in a series or topic end up somewhere else...

• Bewertet am 30.11.2018
Paul I.
Product Manager
  • Bewertet am 17.1.2017

"The way a knowledge base should be"

Kommentare: As one of Bloomfire's early customers we saw a lot of potential with this platform. I was in charge of conducting a report comparing some of the available products to satisfy our need for a customer-facing knowledge base. It had to be relevant, easy to use, and fast. We had a lot of undocumented information that our customers needed with no way to provide it. Some of our most important criteria included having an API and SSO (we were going to have our users log in from our customer portal site), an easy editor, fast and powerful search, user management, reporting, and so on. Bloomfire came out on top. Fast forward a few months into using it and we were well on our way generating content, marketing the tool, and getting comfortable with the platform. I was probably the main contributor to a lot of the content, so the almost daily use of the tool caused me to find areas of improvement. I worked a bit with the Bloomfire development team with a list and I'm happy to say that today, nearly every one of my suggestions have been implemented in some way. This demonstrates the company's willingness and capabilities to adapt to their customer's needs. Their team has always been helpful and communicative and would love to see continual improvements in the future.

Vorteile: Clean, easy to user interface. Enough features to still be powerful and handle lots of information, posts, questions, and media.

Nachteile: At some point the cost model drastically changed from unlimited to number of users and for our company, the cost was prohibitive from expanding or growing. For other platforms that are not just a standalone knowledge base, but instead include one as a part of their services there is much more value for similar features.

von Bloomfire an 20.1.2017

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review to your experience with Bloomfire. We are glad that you have enjoyed your overall experience with Bloomfire and would love to help your company continue your success with knowledge sharing and job efficiency. We take all feedback very seriously here at Bloomfire and take all things into consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully we will talk with you soon!

Chris A.
IT Helpdesk Technician
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"A work in progress"

Kommentare: I need to preface this: I do not use bloomfire often. My co-workers use it far more, I simply provide support when they have an issue. The cause for the title of this review is this: for what little I use of it I see the company makes an effort to add features that the community asks for and while there are things about bloomfire I am not fond of I recognize that they will work that out in time. Also I do not see the cost breakdown for how much our license costs the company so I am not really qualified to give credit to "Value for Money". Finding information through bloomfire is quick and efficient. The posting features are simultaneously robust and incomplete. You can make series of posts to group together work on broad swaths of content on a topic, you can add and remove contributors to give accurate credit. Users can ask and answer questions in a moderated environment. All wonderful. You cannot bulk change contributors (When a member of your staff leaves the company you have to manually edit each of their posts to move the content to new users before deleting the account so information is not lost and even then any answers they have posted will be lost once the account is removed). When crafting a post all text and formatting will shift significantly when publishing ( goes from single line spacing to double or more line spacing, also all of the margins get a 1 to 2 inch shift depending on the size of your monitor, and formatting options are limited). Copy/pasting content from Word or gDocs generally requires a fair amount of re-formatting the content as the editor will either not retain any formatting or will interpret it in a odd way.

Vorteile: The platforms capacity for moderated knowledge sharing. Search tools work well and there are a number of different ways users can upload content

Nachteile: Lack of functionality in text formatting tools. Lack of ability to bulk modify posts (recategorize, add/remove users, etc).

von Bloomfire an 20.1.2017

Chris, glad to hear finding information through Bloomfire is quick and efficient. We are releasing an update to our post editor that should resolve your formatting issues. We are also releasing a feature that will allow you to bulk change contributors. We are always looking at ways to enhance Bloomfire and appreciate your feedback!

Rob B.
VP of Customer Support

"Good General Product"

Kommentare: It is a nice platform. Sometimes it is hard to follow. Update changes are a little too extreme sometimes where it is hard to catch back up to the content you are seeking, especially for those who only enter it periodically. Keep the updates to a minimum, and don't change just for the sake of change to refresh. Keep the controls simple and in the same place. Eliminate the need for a new learning curve every time something changes. The product is good, and the information is still there, but the searching and viewing gets more and more difficult with too frequent of changes you don't quickly recognize... and I am in it everyday! Maybe offer a classic view, along with your updated views when you feel the need, like Salesforce did. Change for the sake of change is not a positive thing for every day users. The updates are too frequent and clumsy.

Vorteile: The search tool, and how it brings up all related material to peruse.

Nachteile: Constant little adjustments in the editing and viewing field confuses daily operations. It loses it intuitiveness and speed and ease of use.

Michele H.
Dir. of Sales Enablement
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.7.2020

"Knowledge in one place"

Kommentare: The customer service is the best I've ever had from any company.

Vorteile: All of our collateral is on one place and searchable. As an admin, I can curate and monitor age of items as well so our knowledge warehouse doesn't become a dumping ground.

Nachteile: There are some clunky HTML tools you have to use if you start to dig into all the features. They do allow you to customize to your company fonts and styles but they have other formatting such as page spacing locked down.

• Bewertet am 20.7.2020
Melissa B.
Senior Marketing Specialist
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

"Overall a Good Product"

Kommentare: Like most software, there is room for improvement but this definitely gets the job done and features a sleek, clean look that all can easily enjoy and navigate.

Vorteile: Easy to navigate and clean look

Nachteile: The search ability and lacking ability to post to different communities from one spot - having to repost the same content across several communities with different categories and tags is cumbersome. I'd like to post from one place with different selections for each community rather than 3 different posts.

von Bloomfire an 20.1.2017

Hey Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Bloomfire.. In regards to your feedback, inside our ¿Beta¿ post editor, you can post across different communities and add community specific categories. We¿d love to show you through this process to help alleviate some of the post difficulties that you are coming across. Please contact us at [email protected] and we¿d be happy to setup some time to speak with you!

Ralph V.
Director of Multimedia
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.1.2017

"We love Bloomfire from a development perspective."

Kommentare: We support our entire sales staff using Bloomfire with up to date product materials, case studies and great colaboration with our people in the field. We use bloomfire's api to dole out our manuals, technical data, images and more to our iOS and Adroid apps as well as all of our web sites. We put a document in one place (Bloomfire) and then serve it out to all others making BF our system of record!

Vorteile: Its ease of use for posting and sharing content. Its searchablility of content and the clean way it delivers the results.

Nachteile: The cost. It is very hard to justify to upper management that does not see the value based on the same values the dev team does. We constantly have to push back against management who wants to move towards a cheaper knowledge base system.

Alyse E.
  • Bewertet am 1.2.2017

"Great Platform, Increases Engagement and Excellent Support"

Kommentare: We use Bloomfire as an integrated component of another system. We have seen a great level of engagement and use. Integration went smoothly, including single sign on. We're using a host of groups, some of them private and it's worked out really well. Bloomfire has even fast tracked some of our more important feature requests. There are still a few kinks to be worked out with the UX and users get confused in certain cases but overall it is simple to use and one of the best platforms we've seen when exploring the landscape of available products. Would recommend.

Vorteile: Very simple and easy to use, low learning curve. Support is great and very responsive. Platform integrates easily with other platforms for whitelabling purposes.

Nachteile: User interface can be improved in certain cases. Users are often confused as to what groups they are posting to.

• Bewertet am 1.2.2017
Luis V.
Manager, Client Results
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Double thumbs up!"

Kommentare: My company uses this software across all of our key clients and we have seen excellent results. Being in a virtual environment, we strive to provide a great sense of community to the businesses that need help in understanding policies or procedures or those that need extra guidance on specific topics. We are able to create this environment using Bloomfire, thanks to the great features & functionality. We upload videos, have different series that can be quickly accessed by looking for certain tag lines and are able to use the space to recognize individuals who are excelling in their client project! We love this product and our clients do too.

Vorteile: The functionality and how easy it is to use on a daily basis. We are able to customize the product to fit each client's need so it can be as robust or minimalist as we need to fit their needs.

Nachteile: When in the administrator mode, we sometimes have trouble when doing multiple uploads and/or edits of contents. Site may freeze and causes re-work.

David Y.
business analyst
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.1.2017

"Good knowledge base tool"

Kommentare: We found implementation very straightforward. We converted a trial account into a live account after about a month of experimentation. After publishing some internal standards for publishing we then started uploading documents from directory drives which made them searchable and much easier for our non-technical staff to locate.

Vorteile: Ease of use for end users searching for documents and for "Authors" to upload their documents.

Nachteile: A bit of version control on the published documents would be nice.

von Bloomfire an 20.1.2017

David, great to hear you found the implementation easy and straightforward. We recently released a versioning feature, feel free to connect with us at [email protected] and we'd love to show you.

David T.
Customer Engagement Manager
Bekleidung & Mode, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.1.2017

"Bloomfire in the contact center"

Kommentare: We use Bloomfire as an internal knowledge base for our customer support team. It's extremely effective in documenting best practices and updates. The social components make it easy for our team to create their own content and have it reviewed by leadership before publishing. It also makes it easy for to share and track readership over time. The comments capabilities allow us to track issues and opportunities over time, as well. We use the analytics as part of our monthly performance evaluation to ensure our team is participating and collaborating in an effort to stay abreast of whatever is changing week over week. As we've scaled up, Bloomfire has helped us maintain the feel of a start-up in how we publish and disseminate updates as a department.

Vorteile: Social components. Ease of publishing and editing.

Nachteile: Would love better internal SEO analytics.

Carmene G.
Knowledge Management Content Strategist
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter

"Customized Customer Care"

Kommentare: This software has grown with changes and adjustments we have to make along the way. The team we have at Bloomfire supporting our requests and walking us through what's up and coming has been nothing short of stellar. Sure we've had some glitches, but if they get wind of them they're right on it and ensuring that the adjustment is everything we were hoping. Otherwise, they're back to the drawing board to make it happen, in due time.

Vorteile: Bloomfire has meet every request we've asked of them. The evolution of customization they have offered us is truly above and beyond, especially during these times. Things just get better and better with time.

Nachteile: I think there's been some frustrations in wanting it to be an exact or close replica of what more popular search engines are within our Enterprise. It's wishful thinking, right? No. The reality is when you voice your wishes to Bloomfire they come so close you honestly wonder do they sleep?

von Bloomfire an 14.7.2020

Thanks for your review, Carmene! SSFCU has been a great partner and we look forward to continuing to work together.

Piotr B.
Regional Team Leader
Telekommunikation, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"Simple yet powerful tool to organise knowledge and policies"

Kommentare: Hello, I am a team leader for a support function and added myself so far 66 articles to Bloomfire. What I like about the tool is that we can quickly lookup articles, also I can use tags and categorise to make search more efficient and adequate. What I also like is that I can combine articles in series and can easily add comments and flag articles that require reviewing. Also another positive thing is that when composing an article it is saved as a draft, just like with google docs etc. so you do not have to worry your work will be lost. Another positive thing is that it very easy to embed pages, links, pictures and multimedia. I can quickly compose articles that look nice and are useful. The downside is there aren't many editing options. You can't select font or particular font size. Also when you have tables it's difficult to add them directly into the content, instead you would have to create an excel file and embed it especially when your tables are large or long. Also what I don't like is the enter button creates a new paragraph rather than breaking line, when I want to insert a line break I need to edit the HTML of the content (at least there is HTML editor which sometimes is faster for me to use as I can quicker configure tags and manage the content). Perhaps Bloomfire wanted to limit the way articles are edited to make them look cohesive, still, i'd prefer to have more editing options but overall it's a good tool to efficiently share knowledge and other information in your company.

Vorteile: - ease of use
- tags and categories
- comments
- possibility to save as drafts
- Salesforce integration

Nachteile: - limited editing options

Stephanie B.
Senior Proposal Director
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.1.2017

"The best software I've ever used for my position."

Kommentare: I know I don't use Bloomfire anywhere near to its full potential, but it is still the best software tool I have found to help me in helping me manage corporate, product, and technical information for my company. I am a proposal director and use Bloomfire as a database to store all of our RFP questions and responses - along with important attachments and informational documents. The search features make it easy for me to find the exact information I need when pursuing a new client opportunity. It also allows my company's subject matter experts to review and update the posts as the product evolves.

Vorteile: The search feature - that may seem simple but it helps me find exactly what I need and saves a lot of time when I am working on a tight deadline. I also like that I can invite other authors to review and edit the questions - definitely streamlines business processes.

Nachteile: There isn't anything I dislike per say; I would like to be able to download selected posts into a spreadsheet, however.

Jess H.
Knowledge Management Specialist
  • Bewertet am 17.1.2017

"Excellent knowledge management tool"

Kommentare: Bloomfire is already shaping up to be an excellent tool for our KMS. We love the built-in screen recorder/webcam record feature. As the admin, setting the system up is super simple - could do almost everything by myself. We love the SSO option, the simplicity of the functionality, and amazing search function. Personally, the sales process with Bloomfire was very comfortable - I never felt rushed or pressured, and Michael was fast to respond and thoroughly answered all of my questions. The Bloomfire Community is a great resource - I've been using it as a go-to for quick setup help and best practices advice. It's invaluable! Overall, I feel like Bloomfire is an excellent choice for a streamlined, purpose-driven tool to help organizations pool their employees' knowledge and expertise.

Vorteile: I love how simple it is - it's not a be-all, end-all software. It's a KMS, and it's a very very good one.

Nachteile: So far, the only thing I haven't found easy is bulk uploading for documents, but it sounds like something they're working on. That seems to be the standard: any feature or functionality that users wish they could apply, Bloomfire has considered or is working on it.

Josh R.
IT Manager / CSR

"Serves our needs"

Kommentare: We have been using bloomfire for a few years now and find it a great tool to have moderated communication within our client network. Customer support is always eager to help us out and after a few sessions we end up dialing in anything we needed done. There is a lot of power behind this platform and I would recommend seeing if it fits your business style.

Vorteile: It allows our clients to collaborate with one another as well as our staff.

Nachteile: The technology feels a little lacking in how it was executed but not enough so to not want to use the service.

von Bloomfire an 20.1.2017

Josh, we appreciate your business over the years. We enjoy working with everyone over at SMS Masterminds and appreciate you taking the time to write this review.