Wir helfen Unternehmen in der Schweiz

Über Datadog

Datadog ist ein Service, der die Betriebszeit erhöht und die Leistung von Diensten durch zentralisierte Überwachung und Warnmeldungen maximiert.

Erfahre mehr über Datadog

It's expensive but the pricing is easy to understand and keep track of.

Filtered tags is very Slow. The integration with another tools is difficult.

Bewertungen zu Datadog

4.2
4.2
4.5
4.1

8.2/10

Datadog hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 236 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie Datadog bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Dnyanoba
Dnyanoba
Deputy Manager in Indien
Pharmazeutika, 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

Datadog for log analysis of cloud

5.0 vor 12 Monaten

Kommentare: Till now we have one of the good experience with the data dog as it is helping us a lot in monitoring our cloud and database server. A support from datadog team is also good thing to consider.

The best feature of data dog is real time monitoring of logs and vulnerability scan which stands unique to save the server and cloud from further damaging

The datadog user interface is very hard to learn and with the minimum training anyone cannot operate it fully also a lot of integrations are very difficult to operate.

Marcos
SRE Team Lead in Spanien
Computer-Software, 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

Datadog is great! Room to improve but definitely the future of observability

5.0 letztes Jahr

For us the most liked feature of Datadog is the possibility to compare all data that we received from our platform. Being able to compare the platform status, the network status, the performance traces, the logs is really helpful letting us find issues where we couldn't find if we will do it manually.

Datadog is great but it misses something, for example it could include a self remediation tool. Since every server has already installed a Datadog agent it would be so helpful if with the UX we could add, edit or delete custom checks in python or something like that, and if we could automate some actions programmed in the UX so we could work and integrate with escalation policies, alerts and more.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Prometheus, Grafana und Elastic

Warum Datadog gewählt wurde: Pandora was not escalating like we expected and we wanted to search for a unified product that covers everything we need, server monitoring, database monitoring, APM...

Zuvor genutzte Software: Pandora FMS

Ayoub
IT Manager in Frankreich
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Datadog: Effective Monitoring

5.0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Datadog offers comprehensive and user-friendly monitoring, analytics, and visualization tools, enabling efficient management of complex IT infrastructures.

Pricing is on the expensive side. The documentation is too broad, adding to the complexity as a user.

Aron
VP of Engineering in USA
Philanthropie, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Endless Sales calls

1.0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Nothing. I haven't and won't use them because their Sales team is so hyper aggressive.

DataDog got my cell phone number and that's when it all went down hill. For months they've called me — sometimes extremely early in the morning at time zone inappropriate times — to attempt to get our business. Just this morning, they called starting at 8am not once, not twice, but three times in a row each from different numbers. I've asked them to stop. I've begged them to stop. I've spoken with managers. I did so again this morning! But I've lost hope that I'll ever land on a do not call list because I'm convinced they don't have one. The product, frankly, looks good. It's something I'd considered using. But their Sales team is so ridiculously aggressive — who calls someone three or four times in a row from different numbers every five minutes at 8am? — that I will never, ever use them as a vendor. And if you value your sanity, never express even the most vague amount of interest to these folks because apparently they will never stop relentlessly calling you. To say that their Sales team has left a bad taste in my mouth is an understatement.

Tim
Director, Software Platform Development in Kanada
Biotechnologie, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Everything in a single pane of glass

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have had a great overall experience with the product, the customer success team, and the support team at Datadog. I would highly recommend.

Datadog is a solid and stable product. They provide easy to use features and functionality that sets the standard for APM and Security tools - and their suite of tools is continuously expanding to important areas. The APM capabilities were able to handle our complex technology stack with little to no configuration necessary.

Not necessarily a con, more of a caution to monitor your consumption.. We worked with the customer success team to ensure our account was right sized based on forecasted usage. In the beginning we had to monitor our on-demand consumption as we outgrew our initial needs, this was handled incredibly well by the Datadog team, but you do need to keep an eye on your own consumption to avoid additional costs.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: New Relic

Warum Datadog gewählt wurde: We were looking to consolidate our output from our cloud provider to reduce I/O traffic and security risk. Also, we felt the use of Datadog would simplify our integrations (and the number of integrations overall) by using a multi-purpose tool.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Sumo Logic

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Datadog: We felt the specific mix of technologies covered by their APM was a differentiating factor for us.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in USA
Internet, 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

Using Datadog to guarantee bug-free software

4.0 vor 8 Monaten

Kommentare: It's an intuitive program that provides users with comprehensive records of all recent actions. Displays success or failure of the process. If the attempt fails, identify the faulty stage. It explains everything from beginning to conclusion.

All of Datadog's basic building blocks are top-notch. Their data ingestion is lightning fast and (usually) dependable, their graph widget is adaptable and usable in a wide variety of contexts, and they have a good track record of introducing products that combine these features.

Our experiences with Datadog support have been continuously negative; the company goes out of its way to avoid direct communication and offers irrelevant answers.

Srinivas
Srinivas
Vice President in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

Best Application Performance Monitoring tool!

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Datadog helped us solve a critical reliability and traceability problem we had with one of our customers. There was not clear visibility into the root cause of an issue when it happens and that caused finger pointing between teams. While there were other monitoring tools being used, they lacked the capabilities that Datadog has which provided much greater visibility and helped us improve the reliability of our system landscape. Onboarding was a breeze and customer service top notch!

Service Map, Session Replay, Custom metrics and monitors

We had a sticker shock after onboarding, as the was the hosts were counted for certain infrastructure was not clear from the documentation.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Dynatrace und SignalFx

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Datadog: Ease of integration, comprehensive documentation, good community engagement, good customer service, clarity in pricing

Sandeep
Sandeep
Systems Engineer in UK
Immobilien, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

One Consol for everything related to monitoring

Kommentare: Excellent.

I need not have multiple monitoring solutions for different Applications. So, creating combined Dashboards/Monitors/Alerts is very convenient.

Pricing is a little on the high end, but it's definitely worth it .

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for working with AWS

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: We have been using DataDog to monitor our lambda logs for errors as well as keep track of load and uptime on various RDS and EC2/Fargate instances. The multiple account setup can be a bit flakey at times but overall the product works well and has a consistent interface

The log imports from AWS work really well and are much faster at searching than using AWS Cloudwatch. I find it easy day to day to search for items in logs, especially after implementing a few log transformers

initial setup gets a bit confusing sometimes, and it was easier to change the logging format of our code than to implement lots of parsers to make the log interpretation better

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Loggly

Warum Datadog gewählt wurde: searching logs was too slow and difficult to get the results we desired quickly (especially to track down recent customer problems)

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Datadog: better / easier integration with our current development stack

Rayla
Rayla
Graduate Research Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

I was hoping this would be a Splunk alternative

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Datadog is useful for visualizing and monitoring your cloud applications. If you have agents on you devices, it can analyze a ton of information coming in and show it to you, but that's where it ends, at least, as far as I could figure out in my free trial.

I was very hopeful of this software, but I didn't want to throw agents from a product I've never used before on my servers and instances, so I tried to upload a data pull ( about 500,000 log entries) to Datadog, to see what it could do, but there's no way to upload a csv/txt file to the software. It has to be via agents on your services. I know that metadata would be missing from a csv, but it seems like a major oversight to not be able to accept a csv of logs for a new user to experiment at low risk.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Splunk Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Datadog: My company decided to stay with Splunk and not switch to Datadog. It has a lot more capabilities.

Khatibur
Platform Engineer in Indien
Restaurants, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Real time Platform Monitoring Tools

5.0 vor 6 Monaten

Kommentare: DataDog is the best observability monitoring tool to detect any type of error in the system. The user interface is very simple and customer support and account help our teams in providing training and guidance in case of any issue. It can easily integrate with all third-party tools like Jira, slack, opsgenie

The most like features of datadog are it provides real-time monitoring of any happens In the system and it is easily customizable. With the help of logs, we can easily create the monitor and dashboards. It can easily use all other third-party tools and can create alerts. It also provides anomaly which works on past data and it is sensitive and useful. Datadog is also AI capable, There is a feature called Datadog Insight which can easily detect any error in the system.

Datadog is a fairly new application, Learning advanced features we are not able to find much documentation and learning on the internet. It also stores limited historical data and licensing is fairly high compared to similar monitoring platforms.

Henry
SRE in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

New Aged way of Monitoring

4.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall experience has been great overall as our account managers will always do their best to try to meet our requirements and needs. They have done a good job at planning out all meetings with senior engineers when required.

I truly enjoy the integrations that datadog provides. It allows us to view more metrics that are more of a deep dive into specific applications. These metrics help us understand what is widely monitored in the industry that we did not think about monitoring ourself. Another key item is that datadog comes out of the box systematic checks that we normally had to add in manually for a newly onboarded host.

The item I dislike least is that when you decommission a host the application requires up to 24 hours for that host to officially disappear from the list rather than being removed immediately.

Shagun
Cloud Engineer in Indien
Computer-Software, 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

"Data-driven insights for smarter decision-making."

4.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I've been using DataDog for a few months now and I'm really happy with it. It's a great monitoring and analytics platform for applications and infrastructure. It's easy to set up and configure, it's reliable, and it provides a lot of useful information to help me troubleshoot and monitor my applications. The dashboards and graphs are easy to understand and are great for getting an overview of how things are performing. The alerting and notifications are very useful, and I'm able to quickly identify and address any issues. Overall, I'm very satisfied with DataDog and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable and comprehensive monitoring and analytics platform.

Datadog provides real-time insights into the performance of applications, servers, and services. It helps you quickly identify and troubleshoot issues before they become critical.Datadog is easy to set up and use. It requires minimal configuration and supports various cloud services and integrations, It provides a comprehensive monitoring system for both on-premises and cloud-based applications.

Limited Customization Options: While Datadog provides a lot of pre-built dashboards and visualizations, it does not support extensive customizations.Datadog is a high-end monitoring platform, and its pricing reflects that. It can be expensive for small businesses, especially those who don’t have a large budget for monitoring software.

Isaac
Principal SRE Architect in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Best in class APM that can meet all APM, Monitoring, and Logging needs

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I love it - i use it for work, I use it for home. I find it amazing for finding problems and monitoring systems.

I can handle ALL things in Datadog. I have an answer for CI / Pipelines, arbitrary metrics, trace data, logging and more.

There are a lot of specific costs. Compare, if you will, with NewRelic (all features are free) or Dynatrace (cost on retention and davis units). If you enable "all the things", it can be costly.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Dynatrace, Sumo Logic und New Relic

Warum Datadog gewählt wurde: Better and more reliable.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Datadog: Better value, more performant

billl
dir of platform engineering in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

datadog stuff

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: i have a great account team that really partner with me. the service is very useful and reliable

the ease of implimentation and the ability to capture meaningfully info easilyquickly

it's super expensive....almost cost prohibitive

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

best monitoring tool on the market

5.0 letztes Jahr

I like Datadog APM which help our developer to troubleshoot various deep level issues.

probably the integration with log management with DD trace with APM, as we have some difficulties link the log injested with trace ID etc but some of logs are not linked with APM. I hope there's a better compatibilities with custom PHP application with APM & Log management

Neyda Jose
Software Developer in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Powerful tool for the analysis and monitoring of applications

4.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Datadog is a very useful tool because it is known if the applications, servers or hots are working as they should or if not, we will be aware to prevent further damage solving the problem in the shortest time possible.

This tool called Datadog I love mainly because it is really efficient and very useful because it allows through it you can carry out a monitoring of the performance of applications in a very simple way, being this through the reading of metrics that are really simple to understand and issue very detailed information that is useful to diagnose the cause and thus be able to solve the problem in the shortest time possible, also is available 24/7 so in case of any fault send immediately a mail informing the same and the best thing is that it has a clean interface, intuitive and easy to use without having technical knowledge to manage it.

One of its drawbacks is that when it is integrated with a large number of tools it can become heavy, which causes the information to be slowed down.

Diego
Diego
VP Engineering in USA
Vermögensverwaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great server monitoring

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: They monitor everything we run at our company and we recently moved logging to them too. Very happy with support, had to ask them several questions over the years and they always know what I'm looking for.

The metrics navigator, you start by picking a metric or server, and it then tells you all the information it is collecting from it, so you can start designing your monitoring dashboards and see the data that will appear as you go

There are times where a chart would omit certain spikes, due to the way they aggregate values. But a quick email to support and they'll give you the settings you need to adjust not to miss such events, even when you look at a chart for the month

Damian
Damian
Chief Executive Officer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DataDog is one of our must-haves

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

It's got everything that's needed for infrastructure and application monitoring and alerting. It also fits extremely well into our Infrastructure-as-Code paradigm where everything we set up is kept in a git repository as a Terraform project. DataDog is what we recommend and implement for our clients, and provides more useful features than Sensu.

Metrics and monitors don't render correctly on mobile phones. It's totally unusable in portrait mode, and barely usable in landscape mode.

Joseph
Systems & Network Admin in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Logs for the programmers and sysadmin

5.0 letztes Jahr

Able to ingest system logs, app logs, and other logs along with process stats and system metrics to get a wholistic picture of how your servers and applications are running for your business.

Setup does take a while and there is several configuration files to adjust, but once this is done you will not need to touch them again for the lifecycle of the install.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Graylog

James
Senior Manager, Engineering in USA
Marktforschung, 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

maintain observability with Datadog

5.0 letztes Jahr

Ease of use and flexibility. Beginning teams can leverage out of the box but you can grow into this product as it is quite feature rich. The product just works.

It is so expensive that we consistently have to trim usage when not needed. Also due to this we have to justify the product constantly

Kevin
Software Architect in USA
Internet, 11–50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Great metrics and monitoring

4.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall Datadog has given us great insight into what is going on with our server infrastructure, it has opened our eyes to some issues we weren't aware of. On top of that it's helped send alerts when things are going wrong.

Datadog has integrations with pretty much every main software service you can think of. It has pretty robust support for Windows machines and the custom metrics support is great, so you can track anything you'd like.

The usability could be improved in some areas, the custom dashboard features are powerful but the syntax can be hard to work with.

Amiril Rahmi
TPM in Indonesien
Unterhaltung, 501–1’000 Mitarbeiter

Good tool for APM

4.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It is very useful tool and we hardly getting any downtime issue with the Datadog itself.

We use Datadog mostly for our infra monitoring and log management. These features are very useful as they are real-time, helps to make sure our services are up and running, provide alerts whenever there's anomaly, and we can always trace back using their logs.

Pretty pricey and their UI is not easy to understand, first time user will need more time to adjust.

Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

DataDog Review

4.0 vor 8 Monaten

Kommentare: I think Datadog is the best observability and monitoring platform out there, I think the only con and thing you have to watch out for is its crazy expensive

The breath of features you can have under Datadog is truly impressive, everything from Application, Website, Synthetic monitoring is covered under Datadog, so you have all your observability needs on one platform

Pricing, it can get really expensive monitoring on Datadog.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Grafana, Splunk Enterprise und New Relic

Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Many integration options and plethora of dashboards and visualizations

4.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Dependable and reliable solution.

Configuring monitoring tools is not always trivial, half of the battle is making sure metrics are flowing. Datadog is very flexible when it comes to sending metrics to their cloud. You can use collectD, statsd, file beats, or the 84523982 other options. Our orchestration software already had an option to enable Datadog collection. Once the data is in place, you need to figure out what metrics are relevant. Datadog has a number of pre-built dashboards tweaked for popular software systems. If you are using something homegrown, they can provide recommendations and optimizations after enough data has been ingested. API and documentation are top notch and we were able to build integrations quite easily.

Datadog is purely cloud-based system so there's no on-prem option, only SaaS. Depending on your company, this may be a deal-breaker since all of your metrics data is hosted in the cloud. Since it's a SaaS based service, it won't be easy to move data to another service. Occasionally web UI will bog down but it's fairly performant for the most part.