4,7 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,6 /5

Über Caspio

Caspio ist eine Low-Code-Plattform zur Erstellung von Online-Datenbankanwendungen ohne Programmierung.

Erfahre mehr über Caspio

Daniel F.
Marketing & Comms Team Leader
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2020

"High Feature Low-Code SAS"

Kommentare: After trialing a large number of low-code software, this option was a clear winner due to the customizability of apps and compatibility with wordpress.

Vorteile: Fully featured software. Rock-solid infrastructure. There is few things that we have found can't be done with capsio. Any additional features can be custom developed. Unlimited users, unlimited tables. Dataviews can be purchased cheaply. Specialists also provide very helpful 24/7 live chat support.

Nachteile: Storing 10,000+ of photos inside the apps can become a bit expensive.

• Bewertet am 11.6.2020
VP of Operations
Versicherung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.7.2020

"Easy App Deployment; Very low code; Lots of functions"

Kommentare: Overall Caspio is an inexpensive way to publish your apps. If you have an idea but don't have enough coding experience, or if your team is small, this is an excellent service. If you are an advance web developer or if you need an app that does some advanced operations, this servive will not fit your needs.

Vorteile: Caspio is an excellent app deployment tool. Period. We had the "mid tier" level, so base your expectation accordingly. Caspio hosts your databases, your user authentication, your web deployments, and hosts all your actions. It's very low code involvement, so if you have an idea for an app, you get it up and running in 15 minutes. Their customer support is quite helpful and they will back to you, but again, we did have a mid-tier plan.

Nachteile: While low code involvement is good for quick deployment, it's limitation is lack of flexibility on your own customization. While Caspio let's you customize some of the "look and feel" of your app, advanced operations/visuals are not easy to do and when you can do them, they are clunky.

• Bewertet am 27.7.2020
Craig R.
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 9.7.2018

"Great potential, but stay away if you're not an enterprise client"

Vorteile: - Basic database builder tools have more built-in options than similar software, so it's easier and faster to build more complex setups - If you don't know code, the interface and logic is very close to MS Excel, so the learning curve isn't too bad - Easy to embed and publish applications - Has an unlimited app user model (though not administrators), which is superior to other database app builders that limit user capabilities and charge based on users. This is ideal for customer-facing applications where users need to be able to more advanced functions outside of simply viewing. - Offer a free plan that is fairly well featured, though would only be useful for internal or personal apps

Nachteile: - Pricing structure is highly frustrating for a small business user or team. Basic paid plans have no access to APIs, Zapier, or automation/importing, which is high for the base plan compared to similar apps. To get those features, the next level jumps over 4x higher. - "Datapages" allotted for each plan (which is the foundation of the app) are misleading since similar competitors use an allowed number of "apps". Some basic applications in Caspio need 10-20 data pages, but the basic plan only allows 5. Ultimately a large amount of time was spent figuring out how to cut out pages and combine features, killing user experience. - Had a bad experience with customer support (sales) when I accidentally deleted an entire table. Was informed that as a basic/free trial user they would have to charge me to get the table back, even though it existed. And days saved was only a few, so had to quickly decide. They were not sympathetic to my plight even as I was in the evaluation stage. - If you're a major enterprise with a large budget and some programmers, Caspio may be an ideal solution. If you're a small business, be very careful when evaluating and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The subscription models and definitions are confusing and you may find yourself with an app built during the free trial and realizing you can't possibly afford to launch it.

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 9.7.2018
William M.
IT Support
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2020

"Great software for a company supporting remote work"

Vorteile: We converted our custom Visual Basic & SQL database system when we made the determination 5 years ago to stop renting office space and have everyone work from home. Caspio allowed us to replicate that legacy system and totally get rid of our servers required to support that system. Currently, we have no infrastructure for any IT services, it is all "cloud" based.

Nachteile: We did lose some of the functionality we enjoyed with Visual Basic. However, after figuring out as many work arounds as possible, we do not miss that functionality anymore.

• Bewertet am 21.10.2020
Karen W.
Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 15.5.2020

"Caspio is a robust, affordable option for organizations without in-house IT!"

Kommentare: A software developer for over 20 years, I help small to medium-sized organizations, mostly nonprofits, find affordable software that supports their business processes. I found Caspio when I was searching the marketplace for a low-code platform that could be used to build a type of software that does not exist in the marketplace and it allowed an organization to build their dream application in a matter of months....custom software at an off-the-shelf price! I have been impressed with all the options available as well as the excellent online documentation and customer service of the Caspio support team.

Vorteile: I think Caspio is incredibly easy to learn and use and it allows non-technical professionals to quickly establish a data-centric web-based application without needing to know Python, Java, or another programming language. I have been a software developer for 20 years, so for me the tool takes even less time -- and functions like triggered notifications and tasks allow me to add "behind-the-scenes magic" so one process can trigger dependent processes in a seamless way. I also love the support team's helpful and responsive attitude.

Nachteile: Truly my only complaint is not a bad thing, just a choice -- I wish I did not have to wrap all the Caspio code in separate HTML, mostly b/c I do not think it is as easy to teach to non-technical people. Most of the organizations I work with need help getting everything set up and launched but then can largely be trained to maintain and extend their Caspio app...and while HTML and CSS are not complicated, they are not as predictably explainable as the tables and datapage interfaces.

Quinn S.
Customer Support
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 12.5.2020

"Grows with you"

Kommentare: I would say that one of the best things about working with Caspio is the drag and drop builder as well as their support staff.

Vorteile: Our company was looking for software that would enable us to launch clean, professional looking website features quickly. Caspio offers a fairly simple used interface that allow rapid development of new ideas and their features are well rounded. They have some of the best support staff around.

Nachteile: Some of the features we need are only offered on costly plans.

• Bewertet am 12.5.2020
Antonio S.
  • Bewertet am 15.12.2020

"Testing Caspio on a client project"

Kommentare: Unfortunately we are tied up in the app we created, but we are looking for moving away asap.

Vorteile: We started using Caspio a bit in hurry, developing a solution for a client over an already established budget. What we really do not like about Caspio is the lack of documentation that made our developer spending hours to understand its logic. On top of that several bugs that they didn't recognise took us in waste lot of time.

Nachteile: But ok, bugs is for everyone, what really is unacceptable is the total lack of support and collaboration. Not only they ask 250$ per hour to give you support, but every small thing that goes out of the plan they charge you inevitably. if you ask for some small difference they ask you to subscribe the next plan at 3 times the price. Then if you ask to negotiate they are not available. Once you are tied up with them they not only deliver less value, but they are rigid and unavailable to collaborate.

• Bewertet am 15.12.2020
Mark M.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2020

"Caspio - Partners for The Long Term"

Kommentare: I've now been using Caspio for over 12years and have to say that, as a company, they've matured over that time. Customer support is definitely above average.

Vorteile: Speed of project development from idea to deployment is, for me, the number one attraction as a Caspio developer. You can try things out for real very quickly and ask clients for their thoughts/opinions as you go along. Caspio's low-code platform makes it possible for someone to provide robust, mission critical data-driven systems without having a background in coding.

Nachteile: I have very few issues with using Caspio and any that I have are either minor - or get resolved quickly.

• Bewertet am 21.5.2020
Ben T.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.7.2020

"Best Database Software on the Market"

Kommentare: We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

Vorteile: I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

Nachteile: I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

• Bewertet am 20.7.2020
Nepal P.
Eventservice, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.5.2020

"Digital Transformation out of the box!"

Kommentare: It's great. We manage millions of records and have started to revert from an in-house data warehouse to Caspio as it provides no code administration, and a secure layer a data protection we don't have to strategize around.

Vorteile: Drag and Drop table relations gives you deep data mining capabilities, and the datapage wizard allows easier setup of a search interface but allows complex customization in later stages. #1 win for us is the secure surrounding caspio offers our data.

Nachteile: limited ability to build on an iPad. That would be very useful for on the go adjustments and configurations.

Gail P.
Marketing
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2020

"Professional, High Quality, Easy to Use"

Vorteile: I am not a programmer and I find Caspio easy to use and the programs really are a time saver when used with my website. I really appreciate the help that is given to me for any question I might have (small or large)

Nachteile: There are so many options on what to use that I am sure I am not utilizing it to our full service

• Bewertet am 30.9.2020
John R.
System Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.10.2020

"Great alternative to traditional applications"

Kommentare: I was able to take 22 tables from a legacy, standalone application, export them from MSSQL into Excel and import them to Caspio. After some of that learning curve, and some instructionals from Caspio, I finally worked out and connected all the tables so they could be queried for reporting. Building the datapages after that, I could do simple things on my own but it became clear to me that I would need their professional services to build my application (in 4-7 weeks compared to 8 months if I were trying it on my own). If I knew the interface better, I might not need their services but time is a factor in my decision.

Vorteile: The low-code approach frees you from having to learn any programming language and rely upon it. It is flexible enough to allow you to build literally any kind of application you want from simple to complex, which is powerful and liberating. No more dealing with filthy vendors!!! Their support, even on the free tier, is outstanding. There is also a TON of information and instructionals available on the web. They seem to want you to be successful, and go the extra mile to help you be successful.

Nachteile: There is a steep learning curve, BUT the peak is not high and it won't be long before you are comfortable and moving along building things at a good clip. I'm also not fond of a cloud-only solution as it is our data and we should be able to replicate/backup the data to local servers directly. It looks like this is possible with the API, however that's only available in the most expensive tier. You really have to have a good understanding of your business process and the SDLC to avoid making time-consuming mistakes.

• Bewertet am 14.10.2020
Liz K.
Program Manager, XLerator Network
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2020

"Dynamic software for managers wanting to create apps quickly without IT consultants"

Kommentare: My overall experience with Caspio has been excellent! In the past, I have used Caspio to build an integrated set of applications for a Statewide startup program. Specifically, I created publicly available online submission forms and internal use applications including: portals for the paperless reviewing and scoring of submitted applications (for both videos and text/ file upload submissions), online participant registration forms, post program report collection tools and alumni tracking apps. The success of each of these applications was evidenced in their long term use, whereby we received and reviewed ~800 applications over 4 years. Currently, I am using Caspio to create stand alone applications for a different program. These include a sort-able and editable database of research facilities for public reference, a metrics report collection tool for grant participants, and a contacts database for internal use and tracking.

Vorteile: The organizational aspects (tables, views, datapages, authentications) and flow of the steps within each of these features are intuitive and easy to follow. This framework of a few 'tools' with many guided steps and options in each tool make it less intimidating for a novice to create an application independently that suits their specific program needs. However, what I like just as much about Caspio is their amazing customer service. I can't say enough about their timely and courteous responses all the way from their Sales and On-Boarding Executives to their Account Managers and Session Experts (whom I highly recommend working with for insights and help with more complicated builds or specialized features).

Nachteile: Although Caspio is constantly improving their product and educational material demonstrating how to use it, there are always more features that can be added to allow users to control the look and feel of an application or to allow for example more filtering options across tables. However, there is a balancing act between creating user friendly features and highly customized ones without needing to write additional code to achieve the aim.

• Bewertet am 24.7.2020
Oliver N.
Head of Product Development
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.5.2020

"More than meets the eye"

Kommentare: Caspio has more than made our flagship application possible for us without having a team of programmers. It has widely extended the possibilities of the application and helped inspire features and the overall scope of what our application is and can become. After years of working with Caspio, I have learned to use the platform to much of its potential, and yet I still haven't found the limits to what it can do. The platform specialists are very skilled, and with expert sessions available, you can accomplish things on Caspio way beyond what it appears to offer. It is, indeed, much more than meets the eye.

Vorteile: While Caspio is a low code platform enabling fast development of very high quality apps, it does not stop there. What has been important to me, is that the platform is virtually unlimited in potential. The versatility and quality of this platform makes it the perfect choice even for high complexity applications.

Nachteile: Simple apps may be developed very swiftly, while maintaining high levels of security and quality. More complex apps require more capacity and in depth development. While this is a low code platform, it does not prevent the use of code, and with it, the possibilities seem limitless. And it still has all the benefits of not having to code from scratch, ease of use, high security, etc.

• Bewertet am 25.5.2020
Joseph H.
History Volunteer for Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)
Strafverfolgung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 7.1.2020

"A Canadian pleasure to receive Caspio's help, service, security & support"

Kommentare: My overall experience with Caspio has been absolutely wonderful and extremely favourable, and I would never consider leaving Caspio except that if the cost of maintaining my table was too costly for me. I am very, very proud of how Caspio has been able to tailor my table needs to the precise and exact style of what I want, and what I want my clients to learn from exploring the table. My table is modern, accurate, colourful, precise and as I have said I am very proud of it. I am also very conformable about the high level of security which Caspio Bridge provides for my table. Security of my table is very important to me. Thank you.

Vorteile: First, I am extremely pleased with the affordable cost of Caspio Bridge provided to me by Caspio which allows me to continue my historical research and record my work on a table which is open to all of Canada as well as the whole world. I am a senior citizen with a limited income so the cost is very important to me. Secondly, I sincerely appreciate the dependability of Caspio Bridge because my table has never failed my thousands of clients. Since I first started with Caspio many years ago, my table has never failed. Thirdly, I value the dependability of Caspio Bridge support including the expertise of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have the ability, knowledge and skills to improve the performance of my table. I am amazed how technicians including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are able to resolve every little glitch which I encounter. I am very appreciative of their service, professionalism, and friendship.

Nachteile: I can only think of one issue, and that is the complexity of the 'styles'. This is one area that I always need help with as the learning curve about 'styles' is too steep for me. In the case orf 'styles' I always ask for and receive help from Caspio, and I thank you.

• Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Dominique C.
  • Bewertet am 29.11.2019

"Living in the low-code age"

Kommentare: There is no doubt that Caspio allows you to create robust cloud applications very fast. As we have now entered the age of low-code and that the opportunity to have SaaS systems, that used to be reserved to large enterprise and government bodies, is now reachable to man small to medium size enterprises. In this respect, Caspio has played out an important and critical role by offering a reasonably priced and powerful platform to them.

Vorteile: Caspio is a very flexible tool for creating and maintaining SaaS systems for your company or for your customers. You need a basic understanding of relational database and how to work with them. Once you are there then, maybe after a few hours, you are ready to go. Everything else when it comes to creating queries and views, unless you want to create something unusual, is straight forward. Designing datapages is also quite easy and only requires a minimum of learning time. Publishing the datapages on your website is also excellent as Caspio offers different options for achieving it, depending on what web publishing tool you are using.

Nachteile: As we are doing solution prototypes using MS Access, we tend to upload the application database into Caspio to speed up the process when implementing a solution. The drawback with this method is that although we can upload tables and data, we cannot upload views. This is mostly due to the fact that Caspio does not handle views in the same way as MS Access, in fact not allowing a few functionalities such as calculated fields. Caspio, over the last few years, has come up with means of addressing this shortcoming by adding extra functionalities in database management.

• Bewertet am 29.11.2019