GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Tristan L.
Musik, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Vorteile: The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time.
Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Nachteile: As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by.
Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

Excellent tool for the organization of tasks and equipment

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Rodrigo A.
Analista de desarrollo (Estudiante)
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been jumping from tool to tool (as mentioned above) that allows me to organize the tasks of my equipment but when I find this tool that allows me to better manage my work team, I experience a simple management and a great help for organize my tasks and those of my team. It allows me to observe only the GANTT diagram for the presentations to my bosses about the projects, it allows me to export to excel so that my Project Management can register all my schedule and evaluate the times. Finally this tool allowed me to be more agile and organized without being configuring or writing rules for my tasks.

Vorteile: I have been searching and testing several tools that allow me to organize tasks and resources, among them: Trello, Instagantt, Project Libre... But this system allows you to organize tasks in an intuitive way, without complex configurations, drag and drop tasks, work collaboratively with several people without us being in the same place, a collaborative tool, I can also export my diagram to image and excel, this helps me a lot to make my presentations of projects, also its high parameterization of elements: days holidays, work hours, work days and also allows me to observe how I am giving the workload to my team, allowing me to be equitable when the work is concerned... In short, I just started using this tool and I saw something of all its potential that it has and simply fascinates me, I'm a systems engineer and I usually work with development teams and projects that need to plan icarse. I can really recommend this tool because of its simplicity and its potential.

Nachteile: Its test time, it seems to me that it is something short to use and know all its potential, and even more so for those who start to see this type of tools. Maybe if you could say is that you have a wiki for each project, although the comments and details of each task and project are useful, you have to review each element to find observations to tasks or knowledge that can contribute to the development of tasks.

Just what our organization needed

Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Ajamu A.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Vorteile: Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget. The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate. One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro. Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Nachteile: Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

von XB Software an 17.1.2018

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Easy to use. Nice graphical interface!

Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Jeremy B.

Kommentare: As a project manager, my projects often have major shifts in deadlines due to the nature of our clients. Projects, or portions of them, may at any time be accelerated or postponed literally months in a single notice. GanttPro makes it easy to realign and redistribute the tasks in order balance out the workload of my team.

Vorteile: The ability to add/delete/move items is natural and doesn't require any time in designing 'if/then" type of dependencies. It can all be quickly rearranged graphically using drag & drop. I knew instantly I was abandoning the excel-type products I had been using.

Nachteile: The only thing I didn't like was the longer than expected load time. Initial loading takes about 1 minute. Once loaded however, all changes are practically instantaneous, so it's not an ongoing issue. I've had zero issues in speed for manipulation, saving, etc. In all reality, the initial load time is not that significant and the advantages of this platform far outweigh this singular issue.

von XB Software an 13.4.2018

Jeremy, thank you for such a profound review. We are happy that GanttPRO gives you so many ways to improve your project management. Also, we always work on the speed of load time so that you will not experience any issues with your work. It's good to hear that it didn't cause you any inconvenience.

Team Based Scheduling

Bewertet am 13.9.2018
Juan R.
Architektur & Planung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Vorteile: I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Nachteile: The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

Keeps me on track

Bewertet am 13.4.2019
Sahar M.
MFA Student
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've come across GanttPRO when looking for a software to keep me on track for my thesis project and so far it has great! It's easy to use and has great tools all in one place.

Vorteile: It's super easy to use (drag and drop tasks into the order you need them) and I love the fact that tasks can be color-coded. Another nifty feature is the ability to create links between tasks and thus create a sequence that automatically gets adjusted if a previous task is changed. One other benefit is the option to create a public link to share the chart with someone else — this has come in very handy when discussing my progress with my thesis adviser (without having to sign up for an account).

Nachteile: I wish some other features could be deactivated, for example, I have no collaborators for a certain project, therefore there is no need to assign the task to someone — the should automatically be assigned to the project owner in this case.

Finally a Gantt Chart Software worth using!

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Eric C.

Vorteile: Viewing and exporting feature are super helpful when you need to share the info with someone outside of your organization. The ability to share charts and organize users for specific access and control is very helpful.

Nachteile: When you print the charts to paper, the indented levels of milestones and tasks are all left aligned and it makes it difficult to distinguish the milestones.

von XB Software an 13.4.2018

Unfortunately, we do have that bug with printing. But we work on improving it. Thank you for your review, Eric. Please, stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better!

Half year of project saving and agility for a very few fees

Bewertet am 22.12.2017
Ivan K.
System Architect
Unterhaltungselektronik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: time saving and fast planing results sharable for all stakeholders and DevTeam

Vorteile: Easy start without preparation and weighty installation, without any spends of it resource!
All online and shareable for the whole team and customer! Integration with Jira software makes project planning and task tracking affordable. I can run project and estimate future of all features, not only in the small window of sprint dashboard.

Nachteile: it is not easy to talk about issues of a great product, but I would be nice to introduce more keyboard hotkeys support.

von XB Software an 27.12.2017

Thank you, Ivan, for your helpful feedback. If you need to get help with keyboard hotkeys, please, chat with our customer service agent on ganttpro.com for more details.

Good software. Easy to understand and easy to use.

Bewertet am 17.5.2018
Barbora N.
Implementation Analyst
Verbraucherdienste

Vorteile: I liked that the software was user friendly and easy to navigate. Within 10 minutes I knew how the software works and I created a good solid project plan in no time. Its very easy to create dependencies between tasks as well as to create subtasks. I like that you can import existing project plans as well as you can use software's templates as basis for your plan. You can also export your plan as pdf or image but you need to pay subscription fee for this. You can give access to multiple users which is very useful.

Nachteile: There was one thing in particular that I didnt like, when you're creating dependencies your tasks get linked. However I wish I could adjust the shape of the arrow in order to make it more visually pleasing. I found this an issue when I was adding in many dependencies and there were lines everywhere and not necessary shown in the easiest way to understand them. I know in MS Visio you can adjust this so it would be useful to introduce this feature here as well.

Easy to use

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Jean mathieu D.
Bau, Selbstständig

Kommentare: GanttPro is really a great! It helps me to get more than I was expecting to have.

Vorteile: You the ability to add, delete and to move items in a naturally way and does give a great type of dependencies. It is easy to drag & drop and rearranged graphically. It is very convenient and even quicker than excel-type products.

Nachteile: When you trying to print the charts to paper it's a bid difficult when creating dependencies the tasks get linked, the milestones are hard to distinguish.

Best tool for product roadmap planning and project progress tracking

Bewertet am 15.3.2018
Dmitry K.
Computer-Software

Vorteile: I love that I'm able to see the project status overview, and then immediately navigate into specific tasks / assignments.
Also, I can manage dev / marketing without switching to different board (like in Trello).
Also, it's visual. Trello board became too clumsy for me over time.

Nachteile: It's a bit complicated. But simpler products do not allow you to manage time.
I switched from Trello. It worked fine until I started to need to plan ahead, and not just focusing on immediate priorities.
I recommend switching to Ganntpro when you need TIME planning! Not earlier.

von XB Software an 13.4.2018

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO, Dmitry.

Easy to use product for planning

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Marina S.
COO

Kommentare: My team use GanttPRO mostly for tracking time. This is a new feature for the product and I like how the GanttPRO's team work with my feedbacks.

Vorteile: Necessary results in time. The interface is clear and easy to see the current state of a project. Convenient to use gantt and kanban boards if it's necessary.
Clearing minds from tasks and knowing that I am on the right step to perform my tasks.

Nachteile: I can't add tasks from kanban board, so sometimes the workflow can be not so fast

Great tool for timlines

Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Charles D.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As a project manager, I have difficulty putting all of my timelines in one place, but also making it readable by stakeholders in the project and owners of tasks. GANTTPRO solves all of these problems. It's simple user interface allows for quick learning for project managers but also easily readable for others. I like that it has a public URL, to share with non-users, and also an export feature. This allows it to be easily shared without having to invite someone to use the software.

Nachteile: I struggle to put anything here, as it has been quality software for me. But, if an integration with JIRA would be incorporated, not just an import feature, that would be great.

Great app, easy to access and lots of functionality

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Robin C.
Engineer
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use it at the proposal stage, for planning and presentation, then for tracking progress during the job.

Vorteile: It's easy to get to, quick to start and easy to use. The data stays in my database and there is very good undelete functionality. It has plenty of functionality for what I need. In fact many of the features I probably won't use. I use the Gantt chart features mainly for scoping timelines and for presentation at the proposal stage and then for tracking % complete during the project.

Nachteile: Can be a bit slow to refresh sometimes.
Labels on the bars get truncated.
Exporting to a PNG is easy but the file is a bit low resolution. No apparent way to change the resolution.
More costing functionality.

Great tool for Gantt Charts!!

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Forschung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: GanttPro is an online tool – no need to install software. It has an intuitive user interface that allows you to easily create and edit Gantt charts (tasks, milestones, dependencies between the tasks).
It also has features for easy collaborating within a working team. A nice feature is that you can create a public link to share the chart with others. Moreover, it offers a usable feature for resource management, the cost per resource can be assigned calculating automatically the cost of the projects.

Nachteile: So far I have not noticed any Cons for my needs. Maybe the possibility to pay per month.

My favorite Gantt software!

Bewertet am 10.10.2016
Erin W.
Digital Archivist
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: GanttPro is really a treat. The drag-and-drop functionalities, the integrated dependencies and progress tracking, and the beautiful UI make it easy to work in. It handles projects and collaborators really well, and it's all right there - not buried in unnecessary features. One of my favorite features is how easy it is to export charts in a variety of formats. Oh, and it has notifications! Recommended.

Vorteile: Beautiful interface, easy to use, all the features I need.

von XB Software an 12.1.2017

Erin,
Thank you so much for your warm feedback!
We are launching a new GanttPRO redesign in a few weeks. Be the first to check it ;-)

Great Software

Bewertet am 19.5.2019
MBA Student
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall great experience. Highly recommend.

Vorteile: Great software for planning with timelines. It’s easy to quickly set up. Drag and drop feature lets you adjust. Has dependencies. Preconfigured templates are nice to save time when setting up. Has a view range from years to hours, which is nice. It's nice to have that range to let you do big picture planning and connect that to the day to day. The interface is clean and easy to navigate. Highly recommend. Versatile software with many applications.

Nachteile: Only con is there is no mobile app. Sounds like that might be in the works.

Wonderful Gantt chart software

Bewertet am 17.5.2016
Ian G.

Kommentare: GanttPro is exactly as the name implies. It is a beautifully executed online Gantt chart tool which allows quick drag-drop functionality, and just enough depth to capture multiple dependencies without overburdening the user. It will also elegantly and automatically update every dependent task when you make a change to an earlier task, which is fantastic. Templates can be created to save time if you are regularly producing charts for a specific type of project and the entire platform seems to have been built with the time-poor project manager in mind - Which is something a lot of other Gantt software could learn from. The user interface offers a few different skins/themes and is very straightforward to use. You can also export to PDF, PNG, and spreadsheet very painlessly and it looks good enough to show the boss or shareholders right out of the software. Lastly, I have posed a few questions to the support team who have responded literally within seconds. For the price of a few coffees a week, I think it is well worth the investment if you are regularly needing to create Gantt charts. At the very least I would recommend that you give the free version a go. GanttPro is a top-notch bit of software.

von XB Software an 17.5.2016

Thank you so much for such awesome feedback!

Great Gantt Chart Builder for Project Plan

Bewertet am 30.6.2019
Cherng V.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was looking for a gantt chart application for my project plan. After trying a few tools, I found out GanttPro. GanttPro provides an easy-to-use user interface which helps me in completing the project plan in few clicks. One of the most useful tools is its version restore feature. With the feature, I'm able to revert to previous version when modification of the project plan is required.

Vorteile: Easy to use with drag and drop functions and automated schedule planning.

Nachteile: Slightly cramped interface that make it difficult to view the whole chart.

Customer Service are very helpful

Bewertet am 24.6.2019
Matthew G.
Product Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Well designed software. Good customer experience. Too early to tell if the software will be add value. At this stage it seems like the best of it's type.

Vorteile: During the setup customer services have been super helpful

Nachteile: I've relied quite heavily on customer service to get the JIRA integration working. It's not been a straightforward set up

Its a great platform to plan the projects. Have been using it for various project.

Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Kristian H.
General manager
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Planning of projects

Vorteile: Easy to use. With user freandly interface. Great when preparing plan, change it and later follow the process.

Nachteile: Some problems when exporting to pdf. Need to change file name to open it. Also problems with seting the dinal view of exported chart.
Would be good to implement cost predictions.

von XB Software an 27.12.2017

We appreciate your review, Kristian. We've already fixed the specified moments, thank you. We hope you enjoy your project management with GanttPRO

Nice Temeline Software

Bewertet am 23.3.2019
VP Product Management
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'll keep using this software, but hope the sophistication of dependencies gets improved.

Vorteile: Gantt Pro makes it easy to quickly build timeliness and share them with team members.

Nachteile: Dependencies are unpredictable and limited. It's easy to set up most simple dependencies, but many dependencies don't work and it gets frustrating. Because of this, identifying the critical path for a project is mostly manual.

Good product for the price

Bewertet am 16.4.2018
Seth C.
Director of Food Science
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Organization and communication improvements

Vorteile: It is easy to use and pretty intuitive. The software is very visually appealing. The charts are very customizable.

Nachteile: It has limitations because it is only for gantt charts. It does not really interact with any other software well and exporting other than as a URL is cumbersome.

von XB Software an 26.4.2018

Seth, at the moment, we have integration with JIRA software. Also, we are considering to lauch other integrations. Which one would you like to see in GanttPRO?
Also, we have rather rich export options. You can export your project to the most popular formats like PDF, PNG, XLSX, and XML. URL option is not an export option. It is more of sharing your chart with someone you want to see it. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected] and we will answer all your questions.

Outstanding tool which makes the complex very simple;Beautiful interface

Bewertet am 31.1.2018
Michael P.
Global Sales Manager
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Solved our challenges with creating GANTT charts and improved project management.

Vorteile: Elegant and easy to use tool which makes managing a complex project visually appealing and easier to manage tasks and interdependencies. Chat support and email support are very responsive. This tool is beautiful and offers excellent export options to PDF, Excel, PNG, etc.

Nachteile: The only problem we had was a small bug in terms of changes being viewed with a team member. We alerted the team and it was resolved within 48 hours. Edge Browser issues sometimes.

von XB Software an 1.2.2018

Michael, thank you for this detailed feedback. We are very happy to know that GanttPRO is useful for you. If you have any questions, please, let us know in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

Great product. Accessible, simple and easy to use.

Bewertet am 22.12.2017
Principal Hydrologist

Kommentare: Use it to prepare charts for inclusion into documents.
Use it to build a proposed timeline then to monitor progress.

Vorteile: I like that it is available online. It is cost effective. It is easy to create a simple chart. The software is simple.

Nachteile: Better presentation of exported charts. Mainly more control over placement of bar labels. Also control over resolution for PNGS.

von XB Software an 27.12.2017

We do our best to make GanttPRO a powerful, yet simple project planning tool. We are happy to hear that you found our tool simple to work in. Could you, please, give us more details about the issues you specified in the "cons" section?