Wir helfen Unternehmen in der Schweiz

Über Revel Systems

Revel Systems POS ist ein preisgekröntes iPad-basiertes POS-System, das schnell, intuitiv und sicher ist. Revel POS funktioniert für jedes Unternehmen.

Erfahre mehr über Revel Systems

Easy to use POS system, I see it in many retail stores.

Bewertungen zu Revel Systems

3.7
3.4
3.6
3.4

6.8/10

Revel Systems hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 3.7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 325 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie Revel Systems bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Bailey
Bailey
Heritage Interpreter in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great

5.0 vor 6 Jahren

It's easy to learn and accessible. Having it on an Ipad means that it's large enough to know what button is being pressed, and to move things around if need be. Having categories set up is great so we can keep track of how much change we need or how many people came in to visit the museum, that day.

It can get a little complicated especially with adding discounts to certain purchases which can be difficult for our older volunteers to get a hold of. But is really it, on the basic side of things, it works well and does the job efficiently.

Antwort von Revel Systems

Bailey, Thanks so much for the feedback. We're delighted that Barker Mansion is making good use of its Revel POS! If some of your volunteers are having a hard time adding discounts, you can have them visit the below Revel University page for video guides detailing how to complete a variety of discount-related actions within your Revel POS: https://revelsystems.com/revel-university/categories/discounts-combos/ I hope this helps! Please reach out to us if you have any questions. - Holden at Revel

Director of Patient Experience in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Revel Was a Great Decision

4.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: The customer service is what really sold Revel to us. We had engaging team members throughout the entire process that helped us implement and understand our new POS and inventory management system. So far, we are very happy with Revel and the support we receive from them.

We love the ease of use for both our patients and staff. Revel is designed to be very user friendly and efficient.

The reboot time it takes when you reset the system.

PHIL
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Run for your life

1.0 vor 2 Monaten

Kommentare: Disgusted by the absolute stupidity abd stubbornness of the software... hopeless

Nothing, overpriced clunky software with zero customer service.

Absolute shute software with no service. Rude non responsive no Australian service .. look.elswhere

Chaz
Business Analyst in USA
Einzelhandel, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

System Admin for Beauty Company with 4+ years of Revel experience

5.0 vor 12 Monaten

Kommentare: My role with Estee Lauder is Retail Business analyst for Le Labo brand. Because they use Revel which is unique to any other Estee Lauder brand, my responsibility is also system admin of the Revel software. From my usage perspective, I enjoy that it is self contained and there's not much we cant make it do to support our business needs. Over half of the problems we face actually are not with Revel at all, but the way have we extract data from Revel's server to publish to our master system (SAP) and supporting that integration. This was architected and is maintained by our organization.

Revel is very valuable to Le Labo brand because as beauty brand that creates hand blended perfume, we need to track all of the inventory at an ingredient level. From a Retail POS and inventory management perspective, Revel is a shining star. Deployment is easy, just download the app, provision, and as long as you have an internet connection, you're on your way.

CRM and eCommerce integration have been challenges for us, but not at the fault of Revel really. Being the large enterprise we are, the other areas of our business are cemented in the platforms that they use already, and thus there is no out of the box integration available for features beyond the core POS/Inventory that we rely on. The path forward would be for our organization to create new custom integrations to match our own internal business requirements. As far as a Revel review, the features that we do use and the support that we receive has been top notch.

Christian
President/CEO in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Skeptical at first...

5.0 vor 7 Jahren

Kommentare: After months of wrangling with the decision of which system to invest in I cautiously went forward with Revel. 2 terminal system only so if it didn't work out the damages would be minimal. I learned the hard way jumping in with two feet real quick with Clover. (Different business than the one I bought Revel for. The CC processor is really to blame for saying that Clover is a good system for full service restaurants and I'm to blame for not verifying.) That was a disaster. Paying monthly for a pile of stuff I never went live with. Back to Revel. So many negative reviews made me really worried but after so much research, a: it seemed like it was very robust, more than any other cloud based system, something that would be difficult to quickly outgrow, b: relatively cheap entry cost, albeit the most expensive ongoing costs (more on that later), and c: every system turns out to have overwhelming negative reviews by my count.
After reading all the reviews 2 things stuck out to me. One, I was real concerned about the support teams. It was such a common theme amongst so many review sites. Two, I sensed a bit of naivete on many of the negative reviews. After reading between the lines I figured this was a very complex system and one would have to put forth a lot of effort to get it set up and working well for your business. It does not plug and play. It could be but you would be barely scratching the surface of what it is capable of. The lack of support made it seem like someone with little experience with computers and or POS systems should stay far away. We have been live for over a month and I felt compelled to get on here and tell about my experience. Completely exceeded my expectations. To be clear, it has been a challenge getting it all where it is now. We went live 16 days after it arrived in the mail. That's not enough time. My own fault for dragging my feet. Give yourself 30 days. That would be a nice luxury. Plan on adapting it to your business. This system is designed for such a broad spectrum of businesses so don't expect it to be perfect just for you. That will take time. We have so much more tweaking and customizing ahead. Recipe builds, ingredient unit and cost data etc. You will only get out what you put in. The support that comes with the system combined with the fact that you get lifetime updates as the system is improved and having features added makes the monthly cost worth it to me. Thanks to an agent of NY for giving me all the information I needed without any of the typical sales pressures. I will be adding the self serve kiosk sometime this month. Can't wait to bring that exciting feature to our customers.

Basic programming is relatively easy, uploading large amounts of items via excel spreadsheet was great. The support has been awesome! We have made a few mistakes on our end and they have gotten us back on track, plus quickly been able to guide us through some more complex feature programming. No issues have gone unresolved and none have gone into the 2nd day. No issues have been in any way critical or serious either.

Even though our system is 100% hardwired it still requires an access point that is wireless. I don't like the potential issues with wireless. A few days ago one of the terminals was having a spotty connection issue.

Chip
Owner/Chef
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Just what I needed (and didn't even know that I needed!)

5.0 vor 8 Jahren

Kommentare: We have now been live with our new Revel POS for a week. Naturally, there were a few issues during the switch over, but most of those were a) problems with my setup and b) easily corrected with help from the on-boarding team, tech support folks and very comprehensive online documentation. As of this writing, I believe we are finally “there.” I am really liking Revel’s product. To be honest, I had no idea how much I was missing out on these past 4 years. I had just assumed that a mature and viable POS product did not exist in the iPad/Cloud arena. I assumed, incorrectly it would seem, that to get such a product I would have to one day shell out thousands or tens of thouands of dollars for one of the “big guys” with expensive hardware. I’m glad to have been proven incorrect in that assumption. In my mind, one of the absolute best features of Revel is that it is so highly configurable. I have been able to create a POS that meets my business needs as well as the needs of my employees and guests. So far I have not had to “settle” for a configuration that works for “most” people. Instead I have found that I can tell Revel how I want it to work for me and it just works that way. I've never understood why most cloud-based POS companies think that they know more about running our businesses than those of us who are in the trenches. I have been delighted to realize that Revel is willing to put in the effort to create a POS that works they way we work. There is no one-size-fits-all, especially in restaurants. Revel's designers and engineers seem to understand that fact. Little things like the following mean the world to me: 1) I can specify negative modifiers — ones that deduct from the price. Now my guests can truly have it their way and only pay for what they want. While I've always run my cafe that way, only Revel has allowed me to do that without a lot of unnecessary steps.
2) I can set up default modifiers, and more importantly when a guest doesn’t want that default it is easy to specify at the POS and it is obvious for the kitchen.
3) The flexibility of defining “one size fits all” modifier groups, and tailoring those to the needs of each product that uses them, has made my life so much easier. The modifier features are amazing, and I've just begun to scratch the surface of what is available.
4) And don’t even get me started on recipes. How I ever lived without those in my POS is a mystery. I guess I lived without them because I never knew I needed them!
In the past two days, my employees and I have been able to identify menu items whose gross margins are dragging us down. Since all of our products come with so many options, this has always been a hard, time-consuming thing to do, involving lots of spreadsheets and number crunching. Now that I have nearly all of my recipes defined, I’m able to run one Product Mix report whenever I want and identify problems before they become catastrophes. That alone makes the “extra” expense of the monthly Revel hosting fee worth it. Even in a small shop, such as mine, inventory control is a nightmare. It has become very obvious to me that after a month or two this task will get much easier. Once I have finished tweaking my product and recipe definitions, I’m looking forward to “knowing” my inventory status with just the touch of a button. I know it won’t be completely accurate — no theoretical inventory system can possibly account for human error. But, I already can tell that it will be much more accurate than I’ve ever had before, and it will be more accurate without the drudgery of weekly physical inventories. I would be remiss if I did not give a shout-out to your on-boarding and tech support people. They all proved to be very helpful, and very willing to let me go at my pace in this process. I am a tech geek from the days of Univac and IBM mainframes, punch cards and programming languages that are long dead and buried. Though I am now a chef I have never lost my love of all things tech. It was a pleasure to work with people who let me control the process as I was learning Revel. Their on-boarding team is willing to do as much, or as little, as their new clients need to get them up and running quickly. If I had to sum up my early experiences with Revel and the switch over, that sentence would be ---- I now feel like I am more in control of my business, that I understand my business better. As we enter our fifth year, a year that looks to be like it will be on schedule to be our first true profit year, that is huge. I'm looking forward to learning how Revel can help make that first profit year even more profitable. Sure, there is always room for improvement. Revel, like most mPOS companies, needs to get their integrated EMV/contactless functionality up and running, not just for one or two payment processing companies, but for all of them. Having said that, I realize how expensive and how difficult that task is. But, if they get it done quickly and correctly, they will be a hard company to beat. A few other reviewers mentioned one suggestion I will echo -- be prepared to spend some time learning what you have with Revel, and what it can do for you. Myself, I spent hours looking at every setting, reading the help bubbles for every setting, and making notes about what I did and did not want to implement. I asked a lot of questions. I watched a lot of videos. When I wasn't sure, I created tests, ran them and looked at the results. Most importantly, I spent two days keying the same orders into both my current POS and Revel, looking for discrepancies and errors in my setup. Sure, that all took a lot of time. But taking a lot of time up front means spending less time fighting fires after going live. What I'm trying to say is don't think you are going to get your hardware and go live in a week. I budgeted a month for training, setup and troubleshooting before I ever thought about going live. I think a month is the MINIMUM time needed in order to do it right, and I have set up a lot of POS systems in my career. Remember -- as restaurants, our POS is the hub of our data and data analysis. We wouldn't short-change our recipe development, or training our cooks and other staff. To succeed, we need great data that tells us everything we need to know about our business. Revel can be that vital hub, but only if we take the necessary time and effort in the beginning. And, with that, I'll step down from my soapbox.

Flexibility -- ability to configure to work the way MY BUSINESS works Customer support and training

Needs to get their integrated EMV/contactless payment integration up and running. Currently that only works for one or two payment processors.

Antwort von Revel Systems

Hello Chip, Thank you so much for your detailed input. There's so much useful advice here! We agree that with a robust platform it definitely takes some time to customize, but once you do, you will reap the benefits of having intelligence about your business easily available. We hope to continue to continue to provide stellar service so that you can run your profitable cafe. Your shout-outs to Support and Onboarding will be passed on! Thank you so much for your support and belief in our product and what we are working so hard to accomplish. Cheers and thank you again. -Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Jeanne
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Run don't walk AWAY from Revel POS

1.0 vor 2 Monaten

Kommentare: At the end when we cancelled was the crowning blow when they acted like complete weasels trying to charge us for one store and only cancelling one. . this went on for months. As I said--after dealing with Revel and their horrible customers service I am convinced this company is run out of someone's basement or garage. Run don't walk AWAY from Revel POS as your POS for your business. There are many other much better options out there.

Ease of use for staff and ability to implement our own gift cards & loyalty programs.

Pretty much everything else was horrible. Reporting, customer service, adding products and modifiers was a nightmare. Getting issues resolved --just getting someone intelligent on the phone was a challenge--half the time I solved the issue myself while waiting for them to try to resolve and figure out something. This was after waiting sometimes an hour for someone to actually pick up after you spent time on hold. All while trying to run your business.

HUGO
HUGO
Director in UK
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

****AVOID**** EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SCALES NOT ADAPTED TO RETAIL BUSINESSES

1.0 vor 5 Jahren

The overall experience has been extremely poor so there is actually nothing I would say that is positive about Revel

Revel customer service is extremely slow, as explained by someone else, you get to exchange emails with about 10 different people and no one knows what they are talking about. The average answer time from them is 5 days. I have a deli in London, and I have been sold Revel as a great POS that would easily work with Quickbooks, which I am using. They provided me with their integrated scale, which was unable to weigh goods that were below 100g. Also, ti was rounding up so a cheese that would weigh 123g would come up as 125g, which is illegal. I notified them and asked for a full refund (including the £2300 set up fee) , which they refused, whereas it is their fault if their scales are not fit for a business like mine. DO NOT WORK WITH THIS BUNCH OF AMATEURS AND THIEVES

Museen & Institutionen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Extensive functionality

5.0 vor 5 Jahren

Kommentare: Despite the technical issues, our experience with Revel has been great due to its user-friendliness and extensive functionality.

Revel has a lot of features that allow us to easily keep track of our visitor numbers and inventory. The system is very easy for our staff to use and it requires very little training.

We have run into numerous technical issues with Revel and their customer service has not been very helpful when resolving some issues.

Metallabbau

I own a restaurant and we use Revel as our POS.

5.0 vor 6 Jahren

I like the view of the menu the most. It allows you to easily select products and add additional items, if you need to.

The customer service is horrible. If you have any issues with the system, good luck to you and block off at least an hour.

Steve
owner in USA

We were sold a Lemon

2.0 vor 12 Monaten

Kommentare: It is a terrible system

Possibly the inventory, everything else is just average

I feel that I was the Ginney pig of this product. Your customer help line is the worst

Angela
OWNER/MANAGER in USA
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of my worst business decisions....

2.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: 1. Difficult to set up. I'm nearly set up now and it took me an average of 10 hours a day for 6 or 7 days.
2. Misrepresented themselves as being able to scale down for a small quick service bar with bar tabs.
3. Hold times for support are any where from 20 sec's-1 hour!! Unreliable.
4. Support staff are very nice and try hard to help, but there is some language barrier with every support staff member 24 hours a day.
After many phone calls, emails and frustrating nights I finally received confirmation today that they will release me from contract and charge me 45% restocking fee on equipment. IM somewhat satisfied by that. If you have a QSR or a FSR maybe they work....And maybe usually they answer support calls faster. I don't know. I'm just glad I'm out with a minimally painful 1k mistake.

Very adaptive if you are FSR. Many ways to get to open tabs. Support team emails articles and/or videos to help after virtually every support call . Support staff are very friendly and patient.

SOUNDED good, but they couldn't deliver! Make sure they demonstrate the feature you want to use before purchasing. I spoke to my sales rep for 30-45 minutes and multiple times and still the system did not work as expected! I could not remove the majority of dining options (we are a bar with NO food or table service) I need lots of tabs and good inventory tracking of my liquor, kinda like a night club. The system works for FULL service, QUICK service or retail I guess... Definitely not a bar with no table service. It is VERY difficult to set up!! At first I thought lots of settings = lots of customization. In my case I found it not customizable to my needs. I was calling support 15 times a day for advise and work arounds. In 1 week I waited on hold with support 4 times for 20-25 minutes each call. One time I actually waited for 1 whole HOUR! Thank fully I still had not gone live. I don't like the menu lay out. Personally I think the categories and subcategories take up a LOT of valuable screen space (BIG squares). I thought I could bypass the subcategories, but after purchase found out that I couldn't get necessary reports that way. Modifiers can only add ingredients. I needed cocktails that use less of one ingredient and more of another. Later found out that was not possible. Also 3 year contract?! Wow that's a big commitment!

Craig
President / Founder
Restaurants, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Revel Systems for Table Service Lacks VERY VERY VERY Basic Tip Report for Servers

2.0 vor 7 Jahren

Kommentare: Before you buy Revel ask the sales rep to try to print a basic tip report with a server log in prior to batching out at the end of the day. It's not currently possible unless you give your server full financial access.

Revel Systems syncs with Quickbooks better than any other system I'm aware of. They most often sell the equipment with higher-end networking and wireless access points such as Meraki or Ubiquiti whereas others use residential Netgear, Linksys, or TP Link which jeopardizes the stability of using a tablet as your POS.

This oversight by Revel is ridiculous. However, are you table service and do you need your servers or other employees to take credit card tips out of the cash drawer at the end of their shift? Or leave a receipt in the drawer of how much they took out? If so it's not currently possible with Revision 2.22.9-61 or below for a server to print a basic tip report (unless you give them full financial access which includes labor rates for all other employees.). The iPad assigns the tip to whoever pays out the ticket when the customer leaves. So if your host uses his or her pin to close the ticket and the customer adds a tip that ticket is then assigned to the host rather than the waiter or waitress that helped them on the front end of revel. Furthermore, the manager can't even see a server's tips to pay out the credit card tips accurately from iPad until he or she has batched out at the end of the day. The only solution after two years of trying to remedy this situation for CajunKitchenCafe.com is to pull the report from a laptap on the backend after the point of sale has been batched at the end of the day or put the credit card tips on the employees paycheck which is a huge change to culture for most restaurants that have been in business for as long as Cajun Kitchen.

Meghan
Restaurants, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Extremely overpriced fees and disappointing system!

1.0 vor 7 Jahren

It looks nice and sleek on the counter. The actual POS is pretty straight forward after training and most employees caught on quickly.

Where to start?? First, the monthly fees are insane considering the poor quality of the product and customer service. For two locations and three terminals, we paid fees to Revel each month. We've experienced a lot of equipment issues (tickets not printing to kitchen, card swipe goes down, mobile unit won't connect and allow orders to be taken, etc) oftentimes in the middle of a lunch rush. We have at least 2 customers every single day tell us that the online ordering isn't working. The system will look like it took their order (and they'll see pending charges on their cards), but they'll either get an error message or nothing at all. We often have people show up to pick up the order they placed online only to realize that it never came through on our system, but Revel still posts the charges as pending and it doesn't drop off the card for 3 days....not a fun thing to tell customers! We have not had a great experience with customer service, and often end up on the phone for over an hour (again, often during a lunch rush). We've had several instances where no one was ever able to answer our issue. Our accountants (who exclusively do restaurants) have found errors in reports (including tax reports for the day) multiple times. Overall, this system just doesn't live up to the quality that should come with such high fees. I called and emailed to put in our notice of cancellation at the end of our 18-month contract (they require 30 days, I put in my written notice 60 days, since their team hasn't been super responsive), I at first would get no response. When I finally did they told me that I couldn't put in my request until 30 days, which just seemed odd to me.

Antwort von Revel Systems

Hi Meghan, I know we have already spoken over the phone about this, but I do apologize for your experience. It sounds like you encountered a known issue with the Online Ordering that has since been fixed. I apologize as I know how frustrating that can be when you are in the midst of service. We do appreciate your feedback and, again, apologize that we weren't able to work on a resolution for you sooner. Best regards, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Erin
owner in Kanada
Supermärkte, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One they get your money, you'll get neither a functional system nor customer service

1.0 vor 6 Jahren

Kommentare: The customer service is abysmal. Once the sale is made, you are chopped liver and the company really doesn't even seem to care if your system ever gets up and running after that point.

I can see exactly what we sold on a certain day. They look impressive so despite the fact that they have low functionality they look really pretty....but, lets be honest....that's mostly the ipad.

Notice how it's spelled rEVEL. (it's illiterate evil with an R). Things I though rEVEL would do but it doesn't, problems we have, and why you shouldn't purchase revel for your establishment. 1. When you set up a customer, they are not automatically set up to collect reward points. Your staff have to create a rewards card separately, then link it to the customer. We've had lots of input errors because of this. The customer and reward points numbers are a customers phone number, which means that if they change their phone number you have to change their customer number. Then deactivate their rewards card number. Then create a new rewards card. Then go to the back end and download the entire customer matrix, insert the number of reward points they should have under their new number, then upload all of the data back into the system. Something that you can only do when you are closed for the day. So many things with revel are like this. Something that should be simple is the most cumbersome thing ever. 2. Customers cant fill in their own information on the customer facing display which leads to lots of inputting errors. 3. The only way collected customer emails link into your email program is if you pay a hefty monthly fee (per pos station) for a third party app. 4. If a customer chooses to have their receipt emailed to them, the system does not collect that email and sync it to their customer identification. 5. In Canada here, there are no Province options when filling out customer details so we can't even collect their address properly. 6. Want to send a coupon to your top 50 customers? Good luck There is no report that you can run for that. Tons of data. No way to mine it. Have fun paying a third party to mine your data for you. 7. Want to know who purchased an item on a specific day? Once again, all this data, with no reports to mine it. 8. GLITCHY! Open orders hanging open, customer reward points not being accrued correctly, and weird little things like pop up balloons that slow down transaction time by 5 seconds, customer list not being alphabetical, orders re-opening hours later showing few cents owing on it, lag time between info going up to the cloud and back down to the stations. (a customer wants to exchange something they bought 5 minutes ago? They have to go to the same pos station they bought it at as the sale will not show up on the other stations for hours). Items that we sell by the each suddenly show an inventory of 1.86 units, where did that .14 of a unit go? 9. CUMBERSOME, the procedures for creating gift cards, processing returns, creating a customer, linking that customer to a reward card. All of it is just so damned cumbersome, takes so many taps on the ipad and is not intuitive....even for our millennial cashiers. 10. The sales people flat out lie. I asked really specific functionality questions from our sales person, who flat out lied about the systems capabilities. Then dropped us like a hot potato once he had our money. I spent the next month chasing Revel to make sure that the install happened before we opened. This attitude of sale first, customer service last, follows through. The hubs that they sold us are glitchy and faulty. We complained about them for a full year. Then we got an email offering us their new and improved network hubs. So basically they sold me crap. Knew that they sold me something that didn't work. Then offered a discount on selling the replacement to me. 11. The Customer Management system does very little. Once again, we had to pay a third party to figure out who our top customers were, then go through their profiles one by one to gather their emails to send them all an email to offer them a reward for being a top customer. 12. You can't redeem multiple rewards at once, or process a refund without a customer making a purchase(we sell milk in reusable glass bottles that the customer gets money back when they bring back their bottle, you can't process this if they just come back to return the bottle without making a purchase), or or process two refunds and a reward under the same transaction. So many glitchy things. 13. Someone will reply to this saying there are no open tickets on our account. And this is true. Because the reply to all of these things is that the feature doesn't exist and I should put in a request for a new feature. Which I have done. Repeatedly over the last 3 years. And here we are, still calling revel support asking why if you sell systems in Canada can I not enter a Canadian address in the system. 14. Poorly trained staff. We are a seasonal business and each spring when we open up, we have to have revel support enter some identification numbers on the back end to have their system work with our payment processor monaris (the only one they offer). It always takes several weeks of my calling back and sitting on hold to get this simple thing done. Every time. This is what it's like calling revel every time. I'm sure that there are lots of weird glitchy things with every system out there but revel really appears as though it was built poorly from the outset and has software flaws that can not be changed. One of my managers spends 10-20 hours per week working on fixing revel errors, calling customer service, figuring out how the system works now that there is another update, writing detailed training manuals for our staff to us the system. It's just so time consumptive and terrible. It makes it all the worse that revel folks just repeat the party line and don't actually look for solutions to the system problems. "Fill in a feature request form" It's like they've all drunk the kool-aid and have become automatons controlled by an evil wizard named Revel.

Maria
Manager in USA

We use Revel for our restaurant for the last 2 years and it's challenging

3.0 vor 6 Jahren

Kommentare: It's easy to use, at least the front part and it's popular among employees a lot of locations used Revel and when we have new employee it's not rock in science to learn it, that if he/she doesn't' already knows it from a previous job.

It's pretty easy to use at lease the front end, the back end can be more user friendly, I'm able to update things really fast (menu items) even on our website menu, once I do it in Revel. It's running smoothly, never had a hardware problem with it and the communication between back end and from end is just a click away.

It's pretty expensive, comparing with other softwares, customers service support is not that fast or knowledgeable (at least with the things I needed), for example I've called customers support 5 days ago, then I've submitted an email on the 8th and today is 14th and I haven't hear from you guys. The Inventory and Recipe books were so hard to use and really time consuming (example: if I buy one item in Grams and I want to put it in the recipe in once I have to make the transformation). The price of the items is not updating according to the last purchasing price (if you're entering Invoices in Revel) also it's not giving me the option to run a report and see the price fluctuation for one Purchased Item, or by Invoices by Items or orders by categories (is not helping me at all regarding the information I need for Inventory). In order to integrate with some systems I had to pay and don't think that's normal.

Nik
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Expensive, expensive, expensive

2.0 vor 7 Jahren

Kommentare: After using this system for a little over a year, I would recommend anyone shopping for POS services look for a solution that has dedicated hardware. An iPad may be great for personal use, but a solution with actual dedicated hardware would have eliminated a lot of headaches for us. The iPad's themselves have numerous features that we don't really need to operate our POS, so it's kind of a waste.

The user face is extremely sleek. Appearance wise it's a total 10. It was also very easy for our servers to learn how to use.

The cost is ridiculously high. Revel also likes to make changes that incur higher fees with the various vendors needed to process credit cards. A few months ago our payment gateway monthly fee raised high with absolutely no notice or real explanation as to why. When we called to ask about what changes were actually made, the reps could only seem to say that some security features had been upgraded. Really felt like we were just being gouged for more money. The set up process was daunting as well. We have since had numerous issues that were only resolved when I posted a negative review on another forum. So customer service isn't equitable to the monthly cost of the service. Syncing issues have also been a huge headache for us. The check splitting functionality has lost us money numerous times and caused terrible delays in our server's ability to help guests. Checks will merge themselves back together after a payment has been processed and its usually almost impossible to correct once it happens.

chris
owner/operator in USA

Good but troublesome

3.0 vor 6 Jahren

Very mobile, orders can be sent in immediately. Very easy to use as far and table waitstaff. Over abundance of information once it is set up and functioning its great.

There is too much needless information on the back end. its very overwhelming because you have to sift through it every time you use it. There should be custom saves for only the information you use in the reports/options. Its retail and other business type options need to be addressed. This is the main reason i would not suggest using it. The constant updates can be useful but buggy as well. For example a split ticket transaction will literally crash the program (this is as of 1/2/2018). A undressed issue for a month now. Its more like a application a engineer designed rather than one that the end user would find useful. I have use Revel POS for years and still do but am now looking for a replacement.

Antwort von Revel Systems

Hi Chris, Thank you for the feedback and we are glad to hear that you like Revel overall. I have asked our Client Relations team to get in touch with you to resolve your issue with the split checks. Our product developers are always looking for input on design. I will reach out to you directly to set up a time to collect your suggestions. Best Regards, Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Revel

Louise
Gastgewerbe, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

WOULD NOT TOUCH THEM

3.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: very poor

The local (Australian) staff who sold it to us, were helpful and it all went well. No longer managed by Australian staff and it went down hill from then. Really have little good to say about it after 3 years of use.

Offered a one off fee relief of $200 during shutdown. Every other app gave 100% fee relief or significant discounts. Cost of hardware was for fixed period, but they offered no discount once that period was over. Basically intend to charge for the cost of the hardware, indefinitely. Support is provided by eastern European call centre. Pleasant and helpful but a minor language barrier. Cant do many basic things you'd expect. Such as a set menu with course options Level of integration is extremely poor. Basically all at additional cost. Including integration with essential accounting app, which they claim in advertising is integrated. Its not.

Kim
Bekleidung & Mode, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Unreliable

1.0 vor 6 Jahren

Kommentare: This is the most unreliable system I have ever used. The support team are not trained equally. Some are helpful and give you a lot of detail to make sure you have everything in place properly. Others simply do not know & dismiss the need to ask or transfer you to someone else. We have two stores, both with this system. We closed both stores to conduct physical inventory. After being on the phone a full day the day before we began the actual inventory, closing for 1 week and paying employees for working inventory, only to find out the original tech support didn’t sell us the app we needed, did not tell us we had to purchase the app for each individual that planned on counting & did not properly instruct us on the setting up of our backend for inventory, not one item we counted was able to sync. 1 full week, 2 locations, closed = 0 income, employees payroll for inventory = 0, this was completely hurtful to a small business and no responsibility was excepted by Revelup. The tech support said exactly “every computer app or system does have its own issues, they all have a glitch” Thank you revelup

Antwort von Revel Systems

Hi Kim, Sorry to hear you are experiencing some frustration with troubleshooting the Physical Inventory App. I do see that your help desk tickets are now resolved and we do apologize if you had to call into Support more than once to get it figured out. I have escalated your case to our customer relations team to ensure we address all of your needs. It looks like you joined Revel by way of our partner, Intuit, and we do apologize if your Intuit rep was not in possession of the info you needed to perform Inventory using Revel. You do have a Revel account executive and the customer relations team will be happy to share their info with you. Best Regards, Sarah at Revel

Santiago
Administrator in Costa Rica

Best and more robust system in the market

5.0 vor 6 Jahren

The best thing about this System is the easy and intuitive interface. It greatly facilitates the operations of the day and allows us to always work in a better way. It has, also, a number of options and improvements that allow me to adapt to my needs, especially the part of the discounts. They are the best!

The bad thing is the implementation, being such a complete software it takes a long time to configure all the functions to your liking to work in a better way. However, with practice and patience, it is possible to get ahead.

Antwort von Revel Systems

Hi Santiago, Thank you so much for the 5-stars! So glad to hear that Revel is working well for your business. Our product team has worked hard to make improvements to the Discount functionality so it's great to hear that you are a fan! Revel is definitely robust and can take a bit of extra time to configure, but, we agree, that once you get it set up for your business, you will be happy about your decision. Thank you again! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

Mia
President in USA

Mias Cafe

5.0 vor 12 Monaten

Kommentare: Excellent!

Very user friendly and great tech support

I liked all aspects of REVEL, sometimes I had a few cc issues, but were resolved

Charley
Franchise Operations Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Shopped around and finally found the best

5.0 vor 8 Jahren

Kommentare: As a franchise operation with 16 locations that have run 3 previous point-of-sale systems, I can confidently say Revel is the best. It isn't simply that their system is easy to learn, or that they have almost every capability that you can think of, but it's the fact that they keep making it better. Their software continues to change and evolve to fit my stores' needs. I've submitted several feature requests that have already been released in updates. When a franchisee has an issue, I can get a knowledgeable tech support agent on the line in minutes that can help resolve it quickly. We looked high and low for an enterprise solution that fit our model and I'm positive we made the right choice with Revel.

Easy to use front end with a robust, feature-packed browser-based back end that makes multi-unit support effortless.

It is a bit pricey compared to some other systems, but the quality and support you get is worth it in every way.

Antwort von Revel Systems

Hello Charley, Wow, thank you for the positive words! We're so glad that you are pleased with our product. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Cheers, Sarah M., Community Manager at Revel Systems

judy
owner in Australien
Gastgewerbe, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Keep your needs basic and it will be great

3.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: it has been a good first 7 years until we had to change to Adyen and installed online ordering, qr ordering

when the internet goes down Revel continues on for a couple of days with cash payments

its has become less service friendly now that all calls go to overseas and seems to be more tech orientated than customer user orientated

bradley
Restaurants

Unstable POS with little customer support

1.0 vor 9 Jahren

The ability to take orders at a table when it is stable

The Revel POS system continually drops out, the backend continually goes down. Our Revel support officer in Sydney claims he is not aware of anyone else having issues. I have phoned several other businesses today, they are all having issues with the Revel dropping out, backend going down, can't reach main POS. Poor customer service based in another country. We are meant to be VIP customers so revel says. Our inventory system is still not working after 5 months. After reading many reviews it seems we are not the only people. No one in Sydney can make decisions and they admit they are left in the dark by America, with one sales consultant admitting it seems we have become another American corporation with no customer support. In over 5 years in Hospitality i have never come across such a poor product that misrepresented.

Antwort von Revel Systems

Bradley, many thanks for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry that you have not had a great experience. As discussed we have been working hard with your team to resolve your issues and one month on things are looking a lot better. Unfortunately things don’t always go to plan however Revel is committed to excellent customer support and also committed to helping Local Shack have restored faith in Revel and get you to the point of being a happy customer. We will continue to check in on a daily basis until you feel that things have greatly improved. We have also increased our local support team to cope with the increased demand for Revel. Many thanks for your patience. Sincerely, Josh Franklin General Manager APAC