Über Skubana

The Inventory, Orders, and All-Things-Operations Platform for Multichannel Merchants.

Erfahre mehr über Skubana

Eric H.
Unterhaltungselektronik
  • Bewertet am 18.5.2018

"Exactly What We Needed - Switched from a Competitor and Have Never Looked Back. Great Software!"

Vorteile: What I like about Skubana is that it seems to be designed by an actual business owner instead of some programmers who think they understand what business people need to run a business. While just about any program out there can help with connecting the various channels (ie: Amazon, eBay, Newegg, BigCommerce, etc) Skubana shines in that it also tracks Analytics to make business decisions necessary to grow and optimize your business. We started with Jazva, which promised a lot, but failed to deliver on so many counts (and customer service was absolutely terrible) and so my expectations when checking out Skubana was actually quite low. However, I've been pleasantly surprised and actually excited at the level of customer service you receive. You have a dedicated account manager as well as chat support (instead of the ol' bait and switch technique where you get a great account manager and then Tier 4 Help after a month). Our account manager has been there since day one and answers emails within hours, which is fantastic. Especially when you're learning. In addition, their programmer, represetative was fantastic and helped load a ton of data into the system to help with our metrics (another thing the competition couldn't do) and was pleasant to work with as well. Finally, what I like about Skubana is their partnerships in the industry. The representative gone above and beyond to connect us with partners to further cater to our unique business needs. NET: We love Skubana!

Nachteile: While the Analytics are a definite pro and what sets them apart from the industry, Skubana could improve with how they're laid out. Data right now is everywhere in their Analytics module and sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for. However, to combat that, we've created a spreadsheet that better organizes the data, making it easier to read. Again, though, Skubana is the only company that we've found that has this type of granular data (channel fees, velocities, etc) -- and they've also said they're looking to revamp their metrics section, so hopefully it will be easier to read.

• Bewertet am 18.5.2018
Chief Digital Officer
Bekleidung & Mode, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.12.2019

"Excellent software & support"

Kommentare: Positive - platform allowed us to leverage multiple sales channels, synchronized inventory across multiple warehouses, and has been created with scalability in mind

Vorteile: We utilize Skubana for order routing and inventory management. It's a fantastic platform that has helped us leverage multiple additional technologies. Their support and account management staff are exceptional as well. Highly recommend.

Nachteile: Implementation is a bit tedious and you'll need to be well-versed in all of the functionality prior to flipping the switch. Give 2 weeks for testing post implementation and education. Steep learning curve.

• Bewertet am 9.12.2019
Vik P.
Textilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2020

"Great platform, good support, easy to use."

Kommentare: I am glad we gave Skubana a shot it helped us automate more of our business, saved us a considerable amount of $$ on payroll and overall just helped us grow our business over the last year plus we have been using them.
I do not usually write reviews, but felt the need to do so in this case with the hope it will help others that find themselves in the same situation i was in.

Vorteile: We are a high volume e-commerce company selling across many sales channels for 10 years now.
During those years we have tried many different platforms and none of them really worked out for us, they all always did some things right and many things wrong.
Skubana was our last try before trying to build our own platform (which could be costly and come with a lot of headaches).
Fortunately for us and kind of surprisingly, Skubana turned out to fill 99% of our needs.
They have direct integrations with all the majors sales channels and other e-commerce tools/softwares and they also have indirect (via third party) integrations with the rest of the lesser known tools and software one may need to run their ecom business.
They priced out much better than the previous platforms we used in the past and they offer support via chat at all times on top of having your account manager to help you out.

Nachteile: The native shipping labels creation, but you can connect to other tools that can get the job done.

• Bewertet am 12.6.2020
Monica B.
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2019

"Review"

Vorteile: Web-Based Rep. was an amazing individual. If you are so lucky to work with him he will do everything in his power to help you. I cannot say enough positive things about my interactions with this gentleman.

Nachteile: Too many required "integration partners" and "connectors" in order to use the software. Cost for value. Each "integration partner" and "connector" has additional integration and monthly fees. Some are very expensive on their own and some are minimal but once you add up all the "integration partners" and "connectors" required to make Skubana function you'll have a hard time justifying the costs. Inventory accuracy.

• Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Director of Operations
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2020

"Great platform"

Kommentare: All in all I highly recommend this platform.

Vorteile: We've been using Skubana for more than 2 years now. It was a game changer for us. It's great to have everything under one roof. Since we joined it looks like they've spent a great effort on fixing small bugs and now they're starting to add new features. All in all I highly recommend this platform.

Nachteile: Small bugs and annoyances which I know they are working on fixing.

• Bewertet am 13.3.2020
Britt J.
Dr of CS
Sportartikel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.1.2020

"Best available"

Kommentare: Mostly pleasant, some hiccups with missing shipping labels.

Vorteile: This is the best product on the market now. Easy to use, easy to train new customers on. Browser based.

Nachteile: Some features that are standard on other platforms are not available. Changing orders and updating channels is a big one.

• Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Vu N.
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 15.1.2020

"USER OF SKUBANA SINCE MAY 2018"

Kommentare: Pretty much I ‘watched’ a demo by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] SKUBANA and he talked about running a 8 figure business with I think he said 1 person? I now run my operation with my wife part time along with myself (full time). We were operating with 3 other employees before we switched over to Skubana. I’m not a 8 figure seller yet but I can easily see who I can keep scaling with Skubana.

Vorteile: It was a while ago but I loved the launch process. Skubana will have a dedicated rep work with you to setup Skubana while you are currently in the transition person away from your current provider!

Nachteile: There isn’t anything that I dislike. Skubana is very responsive with their CHAT function anytime we run into issues.

• Bewertet am 15.1.2020
David W.
IT Manager
  • Bewertet am 4.2.2020

"Skubana- I Can't Live Without You"

Kommentare: Vast improvement in efficiency processing orders. This app is everything we hoped it would be from the simplicity of use to the excellent customer service

Vorteile: The inventory tracking is airtight, and now that they've built a QBO connector, you have accounting natively integrated. Plus there are tons of integrations available so you can essentially plug and play.

Nachteile: We like everything about it. Nothing not to like.

von Skubana an 5.2.2020

We appreciate and value your business. Thanks for the feedback!

• Bewertet am 4.2.2020
Amanda H.
Logisitcs and Operations
Logistik & Lieferkette, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.11.2019

"It's the perfect platform for our company"

Kommentare: Working on adding additional carrier into Skubana.
In the near future hopefully we can have Skubana placing orders for us. Adding inventory rules.

Vorteile: It's great to have all our marketplaces at the same place, it ties it all together.
It's easy to keep track of orders, inventory and statistics. And since we're working from different parts of the world it is very helpful to have everything under one roof

Nachteile: It can be a bit overwhelming with all the different features that Skubana can help out with. But if you just take it step by step and not try to get into everything at once it is a very helpful marketplace.

• Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Alexander J.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2019

"3 Years with Skubana"

Kommentare: It has been great! Skubana is an important part of our business and has allowed us to manage our inventory as we have grown to thousands of SKUs

Vorteile: They have been willing to listen to us as we both grow together. They are always open to new ideas and changes that help us.

Nachteile: There have been small limits of the software and places where we have to move through multiple clicks. But they have always tried to work with us on this.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2019
Chief Technology Officer
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.10.2017

"Omni Channel made easier and better visibility into marketplace profitability"

Vorteile: 1. Ties all marketplaces and websites under one roof! Enough said.
2. Allows you to see profitability and sales in various forms including: per sku, by marketplace, top grossing items, overall profitability, desired dates. All of this allows a business to make better decisions on which products are winners and losers. And it enhances your ability to know which products are doing better on the different marketplaces.
3. View inventory levels at all your warehouses as well as customizing how you see the inventory.
4. Auto generated PO's based on historical sales. This feature takes the guess work out of knowing which items need to be in-stock especially if you are selling through FBA. You can configure this feature in various ways to allow customization based on your inventory and PO needs.
5. Open API - This is important if you are a more advanced seller and need to integrate Skubana into other apps or platforms.
6. The support team at Skubana has been wonderful to work with and very responsive. They do a much better job that other software companies. Support is included with your package. You can email or talk with a live person in the U.S! And you are never rushed or pressured to get off the phone.
7. They are focused on building features that help you sell more. And in the 2 years we have been using the Skubana software it has gotten better with the new features they have released.

Nachteile: 1. This platform is jammed packed with so many features that you can get a bit overwhelmed. On the filp side, when you do get overwhelmed just email your account manager. Our account manager has been a pleasure to work with.

• Bewertet am 14.10.2017
Brand Ambassador
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.11.2018

"Great capabilities if willing to pay big bucks"

Kommentare: After five months we decided that Skubana has a lot to offer its end user, but it was not a good fit for us as a pure Amazon FBA seller. PO's were auto-generated; however, we had to review each one to ensure it was profitable and a proper order to place at the time (projections were off even after 90 days of data collection). Furthermore, we had a very poor experience communicating with the the support team. It seems we had an account coordinator, who was always available and very helpful, but beyond that - the entire organization felt like a sales team. When it came time to communicate, they were mum and quite difficult to get a hold of. Business development is key to small business (we understand that as a small business) but client relations is even more important. "Disappointed" is the understatement of the year for us in describing our experience.

Vorteile: The automated PO generator is a great feature if ...
You do not have competitors selling the same product, which could impact your velocity/profitability. We also saw issues with the forecasting projections. Not a couple units, but hundreds of units off.

Nachteile: Software required a massive amount of dedicated time and effort to set up with Amazon FBA. We had an on-boarding period that was long and painful. It was long because there was endless customization required. It was painful because after all was done, we found out through another Skubana employee that we did not set up our products/inventory properly during our on-boarding.
This was quite troubling.
Lastly, in full-disclose, I spent the first decade of my career as a software validation engineer, and I can say - navigating the software was very clunky. It has massive capabilities, but a software application is only as good as the user - in other words - the UI should not take 12 months to become familiar to the user. At some point, training on the application needs to end and the user needs to be able to fully perform duties on their own.

• Bewertet am 30.11.2018
Paul L.
Business Owner
  • Bewertet am 26.10.2017

"Quit shopping and sign up now! "

Vorteile: Skubana has people you can actually talk to, they know their business and understand yours. If you're looking for a selling platform then look no further. I've been in contact and used many. Channel Advisor: I never signed up with CA since tier pricing is a joke which is always to their advantage and you still need to hire many additional companies to actually make all the gears turn. Sku Vault: I was with this company for 4-6 months and by far the absolute WORST out of all of them, 3k+ start up fees to launch on a platform that never worked. Overselling often and only way to contact them to resolve was to "submit a ticket" to an email system that had "bugs"(I have e-mails to prove this) I was forced to leave Sku Vault and go back to Stitch labs. And of course, you can't get the start up fees back. Stitch labs: My second favorite (behind Skubana) and actually a good company. I was with for a few years and they were good but still they're missing tools I needed which skubana has. Seller Cloud: paid the fees+ start up and never went live so it was a loss. I was sold on many tools they said they had and the further I dug (after start up fees paid) I realized they were not a fit.

Kyle J.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2018

"Requirement if you know how important automation is nowadays. "

Kommentare: I started with Skubana almost a year ago. I had no Idea what I was doing. Orders were getting out of control so I know I needed to do something quickly. I researched them all, tried Skuvault, brightpearl, stitch labs, Fishbowl, Unleashed and many more. They all did some things okay but lacked some major features we needed. Skubana had them all; most notably automatic PO, Order filters (you can automate pretty much anything with these),All the analytics you could ever need, even broken down to a order level. - plus some I did not know we needed until we started using it; then looking bad I don't how we even managed without them- like audit controls and automatically routing orders to different warehouses.
Skubana truly feels like it was built for the modern day eCommerce business. It's the only program I have found that you can tell was built by sellers for sellers. Some of the others feel like they were built 20 years ago and is only supported by a technical team that have no selling experience on modern day marketplaces.
All in All - If you are serious about growing your eCommerce business then you should give it a try, you won't regret it.

Vorteile: Ease of use
Automation
Amazing customer service
Automatic PO
Audit Controls
All shipping carriers
Connects seamlessly to WMS software + every other program you need
Unlimited listing SKUS per marketplace
Easy to migrate and get started
FTP to connect directly to your supplier
Complete dropship automation

Nachteile: It is all in USD, it can do conversions perfectly but because we are in Canada it required some quick conversions at times.

• Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Mark H.
  • Bewertet am 26.10.2017

"Increased revenue because of Skubana - Win all the way around."

Vorteile: #1 we make more money. The integration accross all channels yet we still control all pricing , inventory from the single cloud system flat out genius. Unlimited users, everyone on my team has access to everything at anytime. Not just one or two but everyone. The ability to use 3PL's that integrate directly into Skubana is allowing us to lower our costs and reach more customers faster. The customer support with the dedicated support specialist is the best we have ever seen. Anytime ANY of my staff have had an issue the support from Skubana has been second to none. Fast, accurate and exactly what is needed in real time. All inclusive. Over all Skubana is all inclusive, support, users, native features etc. all part of what you get. Love it.

Nachteile: Would like to see native two way communication with Quickbooks. Skubana has a 3rd party app at an added cost that will allow down loading into QB but not two way.

Stephan J.
Founder/COO
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2016

"Incredibly well architected, holistically integrated warehouse/inventory/fulfillment management"

Kommentare: We switched to Skubana in the context of opening up our own 10k sqft warehouse. Skubana powers our entire warehouse, inventory and fulfillment functions and we could not be happier. The system was designed and developed by a team of successful ecommerce entrepreneurs, e.g., the founder and CEO Chad is a top 100 Amazon seller. This experience really shows in how they architected Skubana from a workflow and productivity perspective. Skubana fully supports a multi-channel sales approach through various pre-built integrations (incl. Manual pick orders, Shopify, Shopify POS, Amazon and various other listing sites). Beyond that, the team is taking a very smart approach to customization, via a well documented API and app store. We process thousands of orders every week and could not be happier with our experience.

Vorteile: See above, incredibly well architected, flexible and holistically integrated warehouse, inventory and order fulfillment system.

Nachteile: The product is early stage, so every once in a while we run into small bugs or missing features. That said, I have never seen a product team respond and act upon customer feedback as quickly as the Skubana team. Bugs are fixed within hours, new features rolled out within days.

von Skubana an 20.7.2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the e-commerce seller community. We look at all feedback and appreciate your comments regarding our Skubana and our team. This will help sellers choose in a very noisy marketplace. We certainly look forward to helping you keep making more money and automating your business.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2016
  • Bewertet am 11.8.2017

"Main Inventory Functions very reliable; other secondary functions not so much."

Vorteile: Skubana's inventory system is very reliable. It tracks outgoing and incoming units well and rarely if ever gets the units wrong. If you are looking for Inventory Management software mainly to track your inventory across multiple platforms, which you should, then Skubana works great.

Nachteile: Although the interface looks nice, there is a lot of work that can be done. A LOT of the bulk functions need to be done by uploading spreadsheets. Even simple things like selecting/editing multiple items is not an option. If you want to edit something you have to do each of them individually or upload a spreadsheet. Skubana needs to improve on a few of their secondary functions: Their shipping module is very inefficient and time consuming, and if you want any sort of efficiency you would probably use another shipping software.

• Bewertet am 11.8.2017
Monica B.
  • Bewertet am 27.10.2017

"A fantastic ecommerce "Hub" solution!"

Vorteile: Intuitive - Skubana is incredibly intuitive to use. All of the features and functionality are set up to flow in a very natural way. This is especially great for our end users but it also keeps our training and operational costs down. All-in-One - No system is an all in one solution but Skubana is pretty close. We can manage an enormous amount of our business through Skubana directly or through one of their ever-expanding App partnerships. Onboarding - Skubana assigns a point person who walks you and your team through set-up and use of the system. Honestly, they hold your hand so that even technically challenged implementors and users can run w/the platform w/out much effort. This is a huge bonus for smaller companies w/out a lot of resources. Trouble Shooting - I've never been through an integration that didn't have set-up issues. Skubana works as your partner and your advocate to push issues through to resolution. Pricing - A company would be hard-pressed to find another solution that does as much as Skubana does.

Nachteile: I wish they had a bigger staff to do even more great things! The current system already has great functionality. But I know they have more in the pipeline. Skubana's only limitation is its bandwidth and time.

• Bewertet am 27.10.2017
Daniel J.
  • Bewertet am 15.8.2017

"Skubana is very reliable for inventory mgmt and they have very proactive staff."

Vorteile: Skubana's inventory management system is very reliable. If you are across more than one marketplace and are looking to consolidate your inventory, Skubana's great at that. I also like that their staff, from top to bottom, seem very proactive. The CEO is always presenting new and helpful ideas across emails and other platforms. We've had two of our dedicated Skubana tech agents get "promoted" to higher positions. Their tech support, for the most part, are very proficient.

Nachteile: Skubana has a number of other functions that we rarely use. Analytics reporting methods will vary by company. If you do put in a function request, don't hold your breath on it, as there are some functions that we put in a long time ago that have still not been addressed.

• Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Jeff C.
  • Bewertet am 4.10.2016

"Skubana is best of niche for small business"

Kommentare: We use Skubana to ship 2500-3500 units annually. We use it to track inventory, sync with Shopify and sync with FedEx and USPS. We process manual orders and wholesale and retail sales that populate automatically through Shopify. Skubana requires us to use a point of sale software, an accounting software and software to communicate between those two systems. It's not the most robust system or the easiest to use, but you do get a knowledgeable person to help when you call. Their support shuts down with east coast hours, which is a hassle for those of us on the left coast, but again, they do a good job when you reach them. We haven't found anything any better for the money.

Vorteile: It syncs with Shopify and FedEx.

Nachteile: The interface (the screen you look at when you use it) is crowded with information we don't need which makes it hard to find what we do need. Shipping information, for instance, resides in 4-5 different places. It takes 20 key strokes to print a shipping label and packing slip. Why can't you ship an item without first creating a shipping queue?

• Bewertet am 4.10.2016
Josh L.
Presidente
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2017

"Skubana Simple and Intuitive yet Powerful"

Kommentare: An easy to jump into solution for all of my inventory management need.

Vorteile: I really like how intuitive and straight forward it is. With very little training, my team was able to get up and running very quickly in a time crunch. Skubana really seems to have almost everything we need to sort out the inventory side of our business. The fact that the owner comes from a background of eCommerce is very clear as the software works great for running small to medium size eCommerce operation.

Nachteile: As we're still getting setup, the issues that are problematic with it for us will likely get sorted out one way or another. That said, we would like to see the MPN on pick lists and packing lists. Being able to maintain settings view setting on more screens would be helpful. I'd like to see inventory numbers on the pick list so we could look for inventory issues while picking. Like I said, we're new to Skubana, getting settled in and figuring out our way through it. My list of issues is basically a summary of what we're sorting out over the last few weeks. But I can't imagine having some form of similar issue with other software.

von Skubana an 12.6.2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your experience on Skubana. Your advocacy is truly valued and appreciated!

Happy Selling!
Chad

• Bewertet am 12.6.2017
David R.
Fulfillment Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.6.2017

"Saved me hours a day by integrating 4 selling channels into 1 easy to use program."

Kommentare: Saved me tons of time!

Vorteile: We were selling through Shopify, Amazon, Jet and eBay. Before we got Skubana, I was spending hours a day bouncing back and forth in between the 4 selling platforms making sure orders were importing correctly, stock quantity was current and making sure tracking information was uploaded for each order. Skubana easily integrated all 4 selling channels along with our 3PL we use. It has easily saved me 10+ hours a week.

Nachteile: The one thing I wish I could do directly from the software is to contact support. It would be nice if there was a button or link that I could click on that would automatically open up an email addressed to my account manager.

von Skubana an 5.6.2017

David, Thank you for trusting Skubana with your business. We are happy to hear that our platform has significantly improved your productivity in your business. We are constantly improving our platform, so stay tuned!

• Bewertet am 2.6.2017
Jeffrey C.
  • Bewertet am 25.1.2017

"Skubana is best solution for small business"

Kommentare: Skubana customer support is unparalleled. We've use it for shipping wholesale and retail from multiple warehouses, we send PO's to vendors, we track inventory, we fulfill manual orders, in-store purchases and orders through three different websites all through Skubana's single interface. When we call for help someone answers the phone and generally they fix the issue within days if not hours.
I highly recommend it.

Vorteile: It has functions to help in many aspects of small business management, it's reasonably priced and it's straightforward to use. Nothing else does as much for the cost.

Nachteile: Manual orders take a bit of time to process. (But, they're working on a fix!)

von Skubana an 1.9.2017

Awesome to hear about your experience! Thank you for your support.

• Bewertet am 25.1.2017
Sam S.
Partner
  • Bewertet am 20.6.2017

"Skubana frees up time to focus on growing and scaling your business."

Vorteile: If you are serious about growing you e-commerce business you need an automated system to manage inventory and link all of your sales channels in one central location. Skubana solved this and then some for us. Designed specifically for e-commerce businesses this software has all the necessary tools that other competing software's may lack because they were designed for general business applications outside of the e-commerce realm. Exactly what we needed to automate repetitive, non revenue generating tasks to free up time to focus on scaling our business. Would definitely recommend to other e-commerce sellers.

Nachteile: Takes time to fully learn the software when just beginning. Complicated integrations may run into unique issues, but support staff is friendly and available to help.

• Bewertet am 20.6.2017
Grant Y.
  • Bewertet am 28.3.2018

"Near Enterprise Grade without the Cost"

Kommentare: Saves us countless hours in manual order processing, inventory updating and managing our shipping.

Vorteile: - Performance oriented for large sellers
- UX that mostly makes business sense vs UX designed by coders
- Multiple warehouses, brands, vendors and channels
- Strong auditing and user controls
- Great value for price
- Good support
- API (but not strong on documentation)

Nachteile: - Small UI/UX bugs that persist