Über Homebase

Die moderne Software für lokale Unternehmen und deren Teams spart Zeit bei der Mitarbeitereinsatzplanung, Zeiterfassung, Einstellung und Teamkommunikation.

Erfahre mehr über Homebase

I love how easy this is to set up and it also integrates with several payroll processors.

There is no undo or go back for example if I accidentally change or delete something it is what it is.

Bewertungen zu Homebase

4.6
4.5
4.4
4.5

8.8/10

Homebase hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 896 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie Homebase bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Kevin
Kevin
Recruiter in USA
Internet, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter

Great system for employee time tracking.

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: Great experience! US-based representative whom were very kind, understanding and WILLING AND READY to resolve any and all issues when I needed to call to resolve the only issue I’ve ever had.

Homebase is extremely easy to set up employee time clock which happens to be free if your business has a single location and with a single location you may set it up for unlimited employees. For a small business owner where every dollar and cent matters, it’s a no brainer. A business owner may assign or allow the employee to set up their clock in and out code. Also, it may be set to take a photo of the employee during the clock in and out sessions to help or eliminate other employees from clocking in and out for them. Homebase offers an iPad, iPhone and an android app. You may also use your device's browser. We downloaded the app, installed it on an iPad for our employees to clock in and out on. The administrator has 100% access via web browser login. There’s also a feature which allows employees to clock in and out in the field which would geo-tag the location of the clocking activities.

Not a lot a negative things to say. This software is best if you have multiple employees who may have a staggered schedule. Example: an employee opens, then you have a mid day shift, then a closer. You also have many employees that may be out in the field. geo-tag is not the best choice for a single entrepreneur who’s trying to track their time, set up easier ways to do so.

Manuel
Manuel
Brand Consultant in Sambia
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good product with too much fluff and mediocre UX

4.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall, we are still with homebase because everyone is now used to it and our system is setup this way. Writing this review though, it is certainly about time i checked the timeclock-scheduling-team market again. Because the product is quite slow and features are being added which i don't need.

We decided to go for Homebase because it mostly resembled what i was doing in as spreadsheet before. The timeclock is rather solid, we have set up a dedicated tablet to clock in and out. This is the main reason i got homebase for my team - so that they would have a schedule and be able to clock in and out. Also nice is the fact that custom national holidays can be setup and automatically be shown in the schedule. The Homebase team has over the years implemented a few nifty features to save me time as an admin. Next is checking timesheets and correcting them when it comes to payroll - however this is where we stop with using homebase. We don't use any other features.

We don't utilize the payroll feature at all - everything can only be set in dollars. Overall, the software feels like it is made for the US market - not internationally. I have feature requested over a year ago that custom currencies should be implemented and even the way time is displayed (24h instead of am-pm). To no avail. Even from their content marketing strategy it is clear that Homebase is only focusing on the US market, with no interesting content for me as a hotelier on the other side of the world. It is also sad to see that they have recently started adding a lot of fluff to their product like hiring, instead of making the core experience easier and faster to use. The new timesheets section looks nice, but i am 5 times faster with the old one (which could be faster still). I would love to see much more emphasis on a fast and easy to use product, with lots of features to get my work done quicker. Homebase is a classic example of software which gets better the less i have to use it. I would like to see the product move in this direction.

Sarah
Director of Operations in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

We love HOMEBASE!!!

5.0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: Homebase has been outstanding. It has allowed us to better manage employee time off requests, make time clock adjustments and manage employee hours.

I like that employees can access their schedules from home allowing them to track their hours and shift trade with other team members. I also like that we can message individual team members or the entire team to document conversations, questions, and corrections. I also LOVE the Homebase HR Pro - it has been great with HR-related questions and changes prior to implementation.

There have been issues with notifications. I feel like every couple of months either our Android users or our Apple users will stop receiving notifications. This causes a break in communication with our team.

Vasanti
Director of Public Engagement in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good for basic time tracking

3.0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

I use it every day to clock in and out of shifts and breaks. It’s been helpful getting into that habit.

It was confusing at first to not click “clock out” for lunch and instead click “take break,” but I’ve gotten used to it. I don’t like that in the schedule it’ll show the hours for each shift as the total including unpaid breaks. It shows the reduced total (minus unpaid breaks) when you scroll to the top.

Kurt
General Manager in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Restautant Group Homebase review

4.0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Overall the experience has been great. Scheduling is very easy to manage and the customer service has been great.

Scheduling. Having a central location for employee communication. push notifications. employee integration. Customer service is great.

Sometimes doesn't sync with toast. can lag at times. Can lag and force close at times. No search bar in the message thread. unable to edit people out of specific chats forcing you to start whole new chat.

Casey
Patient Care Specialist in USA
Tierarzt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best time clock for your team.

5.0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: My experience has been really nice. I have enjoyed using it every time I use the app. I really enjoy the feature that if I clock out late it will tell me.

I really love this software. I can clock in on my phone and it makes it convenient. I really like that I can also look at my schedule and see who is working with me. I can also send requests for time off whenever I need the time off. If you need a mobile time clock for your team and an online scheduling function then this is the most useful software that you can buy. It is integrated with our HR and is seamless.

That it says that I have a message from someone and I have read all my messages. I think it is a glitch but it doesn't impede the use of the app.

lindsey
Bakery Manager in USA

Satisfied Customer

5.0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Happy

I like the ease of use and many people are familiar with the software so it makes it easier for onboarding procedures.

Some of the functions don't work unless you want to pay an additional fee

Barbara
Offie Manager in USA
Telekommunikation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Homebase review

5.0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Ease of tracking employee times and creating reports, timesheet printouts

Ease of use and great for companies that have field personnel or work from home. Can easily correct times when an employee has trouble clocking in when in the field, has a section an employee can put notes to send message for corrections

Nothing except don't like that feature of limiting employees clocking in within a certain radius keeps coming up and I literally have to back out of software to prevent it because we don't want it.

Heather
Self employed in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Best app for all your scheduling needs

5.0 vor 2 Monaten

Kommentare: Hands down the best scheduling app for any company the features that you have access to make this app the best one around. Over all my experience with this app has been mostly good and I would and have been recommending to anyone that I know may be able to benefit and use this app. To me no other app on the market has even come close to touching where homebase is and don’t see anyone making one either.

The parts of the app that I loved most was the fact that if you worked so many hours at the end of that shift if you needed to you could borrow against your paycheck in times of an emergency and then when it come payday homebase just takes back whatever it was that you borrowed. No hidden catch super easy and Simple probably the biggest reason why I like the app so much.

The one and only thing about homebase that I do not like is the fact that you can not talk to customer service at all on the phone or even via email. There were a few times I needed to speak to then and I couldn’t find the phone number I did find an email address but never got any response back from them m. But even with that being said i still give the app 5 star rating

Shelly
OWNER in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Efficient and effective.

5.0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Blessing.

Makes my life exponentially easier. My employees are able to accept responsibility and enjoy the freedom of changing and supporting one another.

When trying to access customer service it is a bit redundant.

Office Coordinator in Kanada
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best virtual timeclock for your money

4.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall, my experience has been great with Homebase. Coming from manual punch clock, I've cut down my payroll process by at least 80%. It is easy to use (original software version is easy, new version is a little too messy so I haven't switched to the new view.) I still enter hours manually into QBO, because Homebase doesn't split regular and overtime hours. Not a big deal. *A couple wishes* 1. I wish there to be a button when employees punch out that says "Did you take a lunch break?" (Yes or No) Reason for this feature - I don't make our employees go to the iPad at lunch to "Take a break" when it's lunch time. I would have a line up of workers waiting to punch in and out because our entire company shuts down all at once for lunch. That way, when some employees DO work through their lunch break, they can just say "No" to the question "Did you take a lunch break" when they clock out at the end of the day. Currently, everyday I log into Homebase and manually add each employee's lunch break, except if they leave me a note saying "No Lunch". 2. It would be great if time card notes for a whole current pay period could be amalgamated into one document as I am processing payroll. I currently have to dig through each time card to find notes of employees asking for vacay pay, sick days, mileage etc. If I just had a list of all the notes and names for that weeks pay, I can check off each note as I add their request into QBO. Overall, I am still very happy with Homebase.

What I like most about Homebase is that it doesn't break the bank to put in a virtual timeclock system. It integrates with Quickbooks online and it is easy to use.

1. It does allow for a little customization, but not advanced enough for the way I run payroll. 2. It does not send separate regular hours and overtime hours to QBO.

Joshua
Owner in Belize
Essen & Trinken, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Much more than the Software we needed

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: We needed a better way of tracking time and calculating salary. Manual entry and spreadsheets were all we hoped to replace, but Homebase has made us realize how much time we used to spend in scheduling and payroll. Now we can do scheduling while on the road, on a trip or make last-minute changes on the fly. Basically, more beach time and less office work. I have shared the benefits of Homebase with many of our affiliate companies.

First off......It is free for basic features. I love that it has an app for phone and tablet use. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. Staff can track their time and their salary. I could make a huge list here, but basically it is the software we needed, but now we can't live without it.

Some of the features are a little on the expensive side when purchasing plans, but mostly because of our exchange rate.

Annsley

Overview

4.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: It has a lot of great features and I like how you can modify a lot of the notifications to your needs.

I love how you can do the schedule out as far as in advance as possible but no one sees it until you post it. We have used other softwares that we would have to do a spreadsheet first and couldn't enter anything into the system until we were ready for anyone to see the shifts.

I would say the only thing I don't like is that we have trouble with the clock in system at one of our locations. Which is weird because it works perfectly fine at our other 3 locations. It doesn't register clock-ins a lot of times so my employees have to text me to clock them in. I have reached out support about this several times in the past and they just say to delete the app and then reinstall. It works great for about a day and then acts up again.

Grace
Operations Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to manage staff

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: instead of emailing we started using this app to manage schedules (which were done on paper before!) and to send messages to staff, like hey team i'm going to be late this morning, or on Friday we can wear jeans to work! It has made our team much more cohesive and together. now we all know what is going on!

Most of our staff is young and are on their phones all the time anyways. This app made scheduling a breeze with requests to switch shifts and time off easy to fill and move around hours. Plus there was no more second guessing what time you were scheduled for or who is off. Also you have the ability to message staff through the app which has made interoffice communication much better!

The free version only allows 1 manager- I recommend upgrading and letting a manager from every department be able to manage their employees coverage. otherwise it gets a bit overwhelming for 1 manager. Occasionally the app will not let me in asking me to enter a verification code, that is a bit annoying.

Brittany
Director, Campus Center and Event Services in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing!

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

I love all the features of homebase. I have used several different scheduling products and homebase is by far the best! The scheduling, the ability to mass upload, the time clock, the time sheets, the reporting, the messaging! All of it is above and beyond anything I have ever used before! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Only that I am not yet in a position to pay for the reporting features! I can't wait to use those!!

Valerie
Owner/Partner in USA
Restaurants, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great addition to my management tools

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Homebase is invaluable to me. It's very convenient and user friendly.

Homebase is a must-have for me. I do the schedule, communicate with team members and prospective hires and it integrates with square for spot number analysis.

Team members have given me feedback that it's has been occasionally glitchy to sign in and rarely to clock in. Thankfully there is the web time clock option as an alternative when that happens. I am not sure if this has been resolved, b/c no one has complained of this in the last month at the time of this writing.

Danielle
Community Program Coordinator in USA
E-Learning, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

We Love Homebase

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall. we love Homebase. It has made so many of our processes easier and streamlined. With a few tweaks, it could be even more amazing. The great thing is the company is open to feedback and often test and release new product features.

My team was using spreadsheets to schedule and to complete payroll before Homebase. What a manual nightmare. There were always so many mistakes and issues. Once we moved to Homebase, it instantly made things better. My contractors were able to see their schedules instantly and at any time they needed it. The reminders an hour before their schedule help them to be on time for their shift. So we have fewer tardies. They can also check their payroll amount at any time during the month instead of having to wait until the end of the month when I am able to calculate it. They have also made schedule swaps easy. It has helped my person who does the scheduling tremendously. It has helped her to be able to get our schedule done in a much faster and efficient way. It has helped me complete payroll in a fast, easy effective way.

There are sometimes glitches, especially with the app. They are overall minor but can be a pain. For example, sometimes when there is a swap made on the app, it will show a notification, but when you go into the app it doesn't show the swap. Good thing we keep up with them in a chat or we would have no idea who was trying to swap. Also, it is mostly geared towards companies with employees, this could be great if there could be modifications for people who have contractors and do not have to abide by the same restrictions, such as 8-hour shifts, working days consecutively, etc.

Heather
HR Rep/Office Admin in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great option for the price-point

4.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall Homebase has been a great scheduling software for our business, ticking almost every box we were looking for. We especially needed a way for employees to log in and out of different departments (which they do as needed and not according to a clock) during a shift that IS scheduled. We've been able to make Homebase work for that specific need.
We appreciated the flexibility of allowing employees to clock in/out on a central laptop or tablet, or letting them use their phones through the app with a geo-boundary over our office, and then when the pandemic hit, we removed the geo-boundary to allow them to clock in and out from their homes.

Pros: *Free option *Customizable - we're able to use it for employees to log in and out of the different unscheduled departments/roles they do within a scheduled shift. Makes it easy to track manhours and payroll by department when the people working in each department changes throughout each day. *The app *Easy to use *Great additional features like job posting and document storage/sharing, PTO tracking

Cons: *Getting the PTO tracking to work for us has been a long wait. *Employees experience a lot of glitches of punches not going through. *Takes forever to enter a schedule in the separate "available" and "actual" schedules. I would like to take a posted availability schedule and just make it be their working schedule with one click. Scheduling takes a bit of time, but isn't hard.

Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

HomeBase Employee Scheduling

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: We LOVE HomeBase. It helps with scheduling of employees at our different stores with ease, especially working with part-time employees who need to block out their unavailability. Also like the TineOff request capability, so my managers can plan ahead for coverage. Out team members like the communications capability to request shift exchanges as well. Out store managers love the Time-keeping (clockIN and clockOUT) capabilities and late reminders. I like how easy it is to export the employees time-worked to our payroll software.

This is a very simple to use software and it is very easy to train our store managers to use it. It also gives visibility to All team members who is scheduled and for what shift.

It is really the best scheduling software. I do not have anything negative to day about it. The only thing that I wish it has, is the ability to have another layer of management report view that would allow my General manager to see that exclude those reports reserved for me as the owner. Current levels are "owner/general mgr", "store manager" and "user". It would be nice to separate "owner" reports from "general manager" reports.

William
Account Manager in USA
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I could NOT Schedule without Homebase!!!!

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: I could NOT conduct my scheduling without this product!!! It makes scheduling both easy and fun!!! I can print out my schedules in different views for different levels of approval. I will NEVER use another product!!!

I love the fact that you can see from start to finish your scheduled shifts. I can see my coverage in advance and adjust on the fly. I love that fact that each employee can have their scheduling without having to come into the office to see a sheet of paper. I schedule out every two weeks, so my staff can see their schedules and even trade with each other if they would like. I can also see who has or hasn’t seen their schedule so I know exactly who to call for clarification.

I would like to see a way to have real time coverage bars indicating who is on duty with an option to view their time on shift in a bar setting (like the schedule view) so that I don’t have to look at numbers.

Jordan
Essen & Trinken, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good

4.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Easy to use. A bit slow when loading some pages, such as the applications page. Some parts don’t work as well as they should.

I like that I can easily see and adjust people’s schedules. I like that they get notifications that their shift is coming up. The push to my calendar is also a plus. Onboarding is simple. It’s well thought out.

I’d like to be able to write mock schedules. I know Homebase integrates with some POS, but it doesn’t with mine. It would also be great if there was discount for multiple stores under the same account. Adding photos to a message sometimes does not work. Could we get the ability to have a separate message stream even if it’s to the same group of people?

Kalen
Guide Mgr in USA
Sport, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Homebase - a versatile tool that probably does what you need (& more)

5.0 vor 9 Monaten

Kommentare: All in all homebase's functionality does a great service to our small business as a tour company with erratic hours and at different pay scales. The payroll integration with Gusto is key here.

Homebase's integration with our Gusto payroll service makes this a critical piece of our business. The ability to select different pay grades for different jobs, and to send messages about shifts is also a major plus.

It can feel cluttered if you only need it for a few features (it can do a lot), and the app's need to access employees' location on their device can make for a clunky experience at times (i.e. if they generally keep their location off, or miss the second step of the confirmation screen).

Martha
Unterhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

If you own a business, you must have Homebase.

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: It was a life safer for us. one of our employees demolished our former time clock system. I went online to find something to save us, that we could afford, covid 19 had us closed for 2 months. No money coming in.
There your company was, easy to set up, could use any where we could get on internet, we have 10 computers in the building.

The Time Clock. is very vital to us. Also the fact that it shows the break. It shows me if they didn't clock out for there break. our employees are told when they are hired, if you don't take you break.... thanks for the donation, it will be subtracted from your time. The scheduling is just as important, people need to know when they work, it is wonderful that it goes to there phones, not just hanging on a wall, for them to say, " I didn't know"

I really really wish I could copy and paste in the scheduling part.

KATIE
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Time clock/HR pro review

4.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Please see above under "pros". Pretty much sums it up. Easy to use as an administrator and for employees. I would recommend creating and HR pro tab from the homepage rather than navigating through the "team" tab.

I think it is fairly simple to use and for all questions I have I generally get quick answers from support. The free HR support offered during the pandemic was very generous and we ended up signing up. In past reviews I have stated that I think your pricing should be based on a sliding scale depending on how many employees a business has. For someone like myself, who only has 2 hourly employees I don't need to use HR pro much and may not be able to justify $800+ for annual renewal for minimal assist and usage. I do like the onboarding paperwork feature that was added as well.

I don't like that when publishing a schedule, the default on my version is to update all employees. Unfortunately, we had to furlough employees and if I don't manually change it, it defaults to alert all on our team even though they don't have a schedule or employed by us currently.

Anthony

Great Scheduler and Time tracker

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

I use the free version and the functions and customer support are excellent. I have called them several times and they always answer and always solve the problem. For free you cannot get much better.

The free version lacks a few features I would like to use, such as time card saving and managing how far before the shift an employee can log in. The problem I have is the paid plans are too expensive. The pricing goes from zero to expensive to very expensive. There is no mid tier pricing for someone like me that wants a few extra features.