Über Cloudflare

Cloudflare Inc. ist das führende Unternehmen für Webperformance und -sicherheit, das zum Aufbau eines besseren Internets beiträgt.

Erfahre mehr über Cloudflare

Hannah S.
Principal CEO
Grafikdesign, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2020

"The best tool for web page security"

Kommentare: Thanks to Cloudflare we have excellent security on the web pages, it works great and it is very easy to use it, the interface is excellent and easy to understand, totally happy with the results offered by this tool. and I would recommend to other people who use this service, since I use it there is excellent security and I can say that it is the best platform of this style and type that is why it is so successful and people use it.

Vorteile: It is a security tool for all the web pages that we manage, it offers excellent security and it offers free SSL certificate which is important so that each website visitor feels security and tranquility, also helps against DDOS attacks in an impressive way and is One of its strengths for which Cloudflare is known, its way of configuring is easy and the interface is simple and easy to handle. In addition to this it also has very good free options that all users can use.

Nachteile: I really have no complaints or I see significant problems, There are more solutions and utilities that Cloudflare gives than the problems that may arise in certain situations, if there is something to mention and that is when changing a configuration; these changes may take time to make, but basically it does not represent major problems since it is a safe and reliable tool that we can trust and ensure our safety.

• Bewertet am 9.1.2020
Entrepreneur
E-Learning, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 6.5.2020

"Solved me a GoDaddy DNS headache"

Kommentare: Excellent. The situation was that I was building a landing page for a client. I needed to connect their domain to my funnel builder and my client already bought a domain with GoDaddy.
I could not for the life of me point the domain properly. I even engaged GoDaddy support twice to help me resolve it (wasting hours).
I had a tech-savvy friend who recommended I try to bypass GoDaddy by using CloudFlare.
He walked me through somewhat on how to use it, and it worked like magic.

Vorteile: I loved the fact that it was free.
I loved the fact that they solved a problem for me with GoDaddy making things super difficult (as they do).

Nachteile: Nothing not to like, I have not had much experience with it, but the single reason I signed up for a free account solved a massive headache for me.

• Bewertet am 6.5.2020
Angelica C.
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 30.10.2019

"It used to be a lot better"

Kommentare: It served me well for a very long period, but it never mitigated any of my DDoS attacks. It did helped me when managing DNS was a pain in the ass.
BUt eventually I found out that it was slowing my website. Since I moved away from it and got separate services to do what CF used to (DNS, protection, analytics), I got way better services and faster sites.

Vorteile: It sure makes managing your sites's DNS and main configurations handy by centralizing them. It offers nice redirection features and a whole bunch of features like apps and protection, cdn, etc.

Nachteile: But the service has been packing so many features that though it looks like advantage when it's not.

• Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Jay H.
Technical Director
  • Bewertet am 5.5.2020

"Massive gains with little effort or cost"

Kommentare: Cloudflare can be categorized as an easy win. We have been using Cloudflare exclusively for almost all of our agency's clients for several years and cannot recommend them enough. It can be setup in under 30min and provide measurable results and improvements to a domain's performance and security immediately. * More performant and cost effective than Google Cloud, or Amazon AWS offerings.
* Ranks #1 on DNSPerf.io
* Winner of Network World's "Managed DNS Shootout"
The most consistent barrier to adoption for a client is usually the client's I.T. department with arguments along the lines of "GoDaddy's nameservers are good enough.", fears of a product they don't have personal experience with, or a fear of giving up total control of DNS.

Vorteile: * Extremely easy to use
* Performant
* Extremely generous free tier
* Security
* UAC
* Effortless SSL
* Effortless CDN
* Overall better UX

Nachteile: * Support is via a ticketing system and can be slow when you're utilizing their free plan.

• Bewertet am 5.5.2020
Lucas P.
Creative Director
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.4.2020

"Amazing services and only getting better"

Kommentare: I run DNS for all my hosting business through Cloudflare. The base-level firewall and caching keeps so much traffic from reaching my servers out of the box that I don't know what I'd do without it. Once you add in manually-configured firewall rules and specific cache instructions, both malicious traffic and legit requests overloading my servers drops even further. The API integration also allows me to add firewall rules based on alerts about malicious activity that I receive from things like fail2ban on my servers. This pushes the IP blocking one step further away from a single server and also protects my entire network of servers and sites from a malicious IP that has triggered a report from one server/site in the newtork.

Vorteile: Really fast updates to zone records
Amazing firewall and DDOS protection keep server load under control
Edge cache speeds TTFB and keeps origin server bandwidth low
JS Workers are AWESOME and come with a great free tier
Great admin UI

Nachteile: I exclusively use the free tier for 40 domains and I really can't think of a single thing that CloudFlare could offer at this price that I could reasonably expect to get for free. I would be sunk without the free tier and am totally grateful for all they offer.

• Bewertet am 26.4.2020
IT/Hats
  • Bewertet am 31.5.2020

"The web goes through Cloudflare"

Kommentare: Cloudflare allows me to have one general dashboard for most of my DNS usage, has relevant security and performance improvements and I can turn on/off individual features as I please. it's a very good and reliable central hub where to handle all of that work, which would be annoying without. I've been using it.. forever it feels like, and I'm happy with it.

Vorteile: The free opportunity is so robust that most of the websites I have go through Cloudflare FREE plan, even if just to handle DNS. It works perfectly and then you can scale up individual websites as you need to.

Nachteile: There really isn't much not to like, everything works as it should. If there's anything I could say something about their rocket loader not playing nice with many web platforms, so it can't really be used much. But that's it.

• Bewertet am 31.5.2020
Adam K.
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2020

"Non existing customer support"

Kommentare: I have used their services for many years and would recommend them to anyone with the patience to find out all the available and very useful services on their own. My last, very frustrating experience has ruined the positive experience of previous years. I had to move the site back to the original hosting losing a significant amount of time.

Vorteile: I have to admit, when it works, it is an amazing solution to load your website quicker and get better SEO scores.

Nachteile: Generally, no support exists. I have sent 10 emails begging them for help with one of my website which suddenly had an IP issue. The site was down and not a single response arrived. 10 emails in 10 days. The worst customer service experience ever.

• Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 21.5.2020

"What i think of Cloudflare"

Kommentare: Cloudflare has saved my business from over one million attacks since i started using it. It has also saved me a whole lot of bandwidth. Cloudflare is super cool.

Vorteile: Cloudflare's basic security features are totally free. Cloudflare also comes in with an effective anti ddos feature, a keep alive feature, a powerful cache system and a wonderful firewall settings, of which you can add your own firewall rules.

Nachteile: Its price. Cloudflare's pricing is for established businesses who can afford their premium services. If you can afford it, it is worth every penny. I personally have no major issues with cloudflare

• Bewertet am 21.5.2020
Jorgen P.
Manager of Technical Operations
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Best reverse proxy CDN around"

Kommentare: Cloudflare is a great tool to secure and improve the performance of any website. It may not be the right fit for large scale apps, but for 90% of apps, Cloudflare is a must.

Vorteile: Cheap pricing outside of enterprise
Great caching and uptime performance
Tons of security and performance features available out of the box

Nachteile: Pricing for the Enterprise plan is pricy
Cannot have more than 5 load pools on a Business plan
Support primarily shifts the blame on the customer when it's an issue on their end

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Yishak A.
Founder & CEO
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2020

"Good"

Kommentare: the problem i am solving using this product is make by website and my clients website secure by gaining https features and it has been very helpful.

Vorteile: it was very to integrate with my existing work and it helped me a lot to make my website and my clients website more secure and made me make new clients.

Nachteile: they give free version and payment options too. in my personal opinion i think the payment option is a little bit price and if they could add more features to the free version that would be nice.

• Bewertet am 12.6.2020
Coder
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2018

"Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control."

Kommentare: It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Vorteile: Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors. By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful. A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

Nachteile: I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

• Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Rebecca R.
Software Development Engineer
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 27.8.2019

"Excellent software to accelerate the response of our website"

Kommentare: This software is really useful since thanks to it we can provide our audience with a website or applications that are always available, that is, no matter where you are entering, you can always enter the website quickly because the workload is distributed on several servers, also the entry will always be safe because Cloudflare also stops those attacks that may impair the performance of that site.

Vorteile: I like Cloudflare a lot because it is a software that helps to accelerate the responses given by websites or applications so that when a visitor enters the site they do not have to go through a slow process to access them, and this is because It gives us balanced loads so that it is not a single server that carries out the work but is distributed on several servers, in addition to providing fast websites it is also able to protect them against threats and bots so before these attacks come and this software has stopped them and the best thing is that it not only protects our website but also its visitors as it sends them alerts that let them know that they are entering from an already infected computer so the easiest way to to avoid that is that he asks that they carry out a captcha.

Nachteile: One of the drawbacks with this software is that when making changes to the website, such changes may take time to be reflected since this software saves the content in a static way.

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 27.8.2019
David R.
Site Reliability Engineer
  • Bewertet am 29.8.2019

"Highly recommended firewall / CDN for all web sites, plus there is a great Free tier as well!"

Kommentare: Overall experience with Cloudflare was really positive and given it does have a free tier and offers quite a few diverse features around security & performance, I recommend this software to all customers.

Vorteile: Cloudflare does a lot of different things for a web site, two of the biggest benefits is security and performance (often two things that don't always go together). Security - Cloudflare can be used to hide your actually site IP address which helps deter attackers, as well as the packet inspection that Cloudflare does and discards some attacks on your site. You can also reach for an 'Attack Mode' button which adds a Javascript verification prior to loading your site which will deter all bot attacks on your site.
In terms of performance, Cloudflare is a large CDN provider with PoP's (Point of Presence) across the globe, so having content cached around the world seriously helps with site speed.
Plus, Cloudflare has a really great free tier plan as well!

Nachteile: There is quite a lot of options in the interface, so can take a bit to get around and get familiar with. Also forcing SSL can easily get your website into a redirect loop, but with patience and a bit of Googling you'll get to the right settings.

• Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Andrew F.
President & CEO
  • Bewertet am 27.2.2019

"Cloudflare is a “must have”"

Kommentare: I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

Vorteile: The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

Nachteile: It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

• Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Alex T.
Front End Developer
  • Bewertet am 24.5.2019

"All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security"

Vorteile: The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores. Another feature that our company could certainly not live without is their dead simple firewall rule integration. A large majority of our clients only accept work locally or nationally, so any traffic coming from international sources is more than likely visiting with malicious intent. The country blocking feature in the firewall integration allows us to block this likely malicious traffic and decrease the odds of any security breaches into our client's sites.

Nachteile: The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

• Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Geoffrey C.
Infrastructure/Operations
  • Bewertet am 26.2.2019

"Great for Admins!"

Kommentare: It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

Vorteile: I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

Nachteile: The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

• Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Rick B.
Senior Engineer: Rocket Motors and Warheads
  • Bewertet am 31.5.2018

"Cloudflare took my site from Google Page Speed Score from 56/100 to 88/100 within a day!"

Kommentare: My website's increase in speed was phenomenal. With the absolute minimal changes to my website configuration (I just added an optional plugin), and changes to my DNS settings, I was able to take my Google Page Speed Score from a 56 to an 88 within 24 hours. This is very good for SEO and page ranking, which was really amazing.

Vorteile: Cloudflare works seamlessly in the background, without having to do very much configuration. After the initial DNS setup, plugin setup on WordPress, and Configuration Wizard on Cloudflare, the process runs itself. I was amazed that a CDN could speed my website up as much as it did. I am now able to handle much larger volumes of traffic thanks to this. The protection from DDOS attacks is a definite added bonus, not that I have seen this used on my sites yet.

Nachteile: The initial setup and propagation of DNS settings across the web makes for a few a small bit of downtime during the first day, but this is most likely a function of how the internet works, and not the actual software

• Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Ryan E.
IT Systems and Data Protection Officer
13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.5.2018

"A Free Plan Offering Premium Features"

Kommentare: The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Vorteile: The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Nachteile: It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

• Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Kelsey J.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.9.2018

"Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues"

Kommentare: We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

Vorteile: First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred. But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Nachteile: Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise. FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

• Bewertet am 12.9.2018
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2018

"A no-brainer for any business or website"

Kommentare: Overall experience has been very impressive. A must-have for additional website security and better performance.

Vorteile: We have been using Cloudflare services for several years now. It provides extra security for our website and speeds up page loading times. Its a no-brainer for any website, especially for businesses. Heavy loading times can effect customer conversion rates, so any help to minimize loading times enhances customer experience and potential sales. I also like how we could monitor where the blocked threats were originating as well as where legit traffic is coming from. We also love Cloudflare's free SSL as it allowed us to cancel the SSL from our current hosting provider. In addition, Cloudflare has released a public DNS which is even faster than googles!

Nachteile: Really cannot think of any cons. Thoroughly impressed!

• Bewertet am 17.10.2018
O. kelvin K.
Copywriter
Internet, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.5.2019

"Top Service For SSL"

Kommentare: Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

Vorteile: These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users. Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag. As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that. At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day. There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it. It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

Nachteile: None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.

• Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Director Web Technology
  • Bewertet am 15.3.2019

"Cloudflare is for professionals."

Kommentare: I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

Vorteile: I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

Nachteile: I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

• Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Dominik L.
Student
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.2.2019

"Free CDN that you should be using!"

Kommentare: If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

Vorteile: What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

Nachteile: I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

• Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Esra K.
Research and Development Director
  • Bewertet am 9.3.2018

"Easily protect your websites!"

Kommentare: Overall it is the best CDN in the market.

Vorteile: Cloudflare has a lot of nice features. It detects the location of visitors and directs them to its nearest data center so it can serve from its cache to reduce latency. You can easily block threats and abusive bots. You can detect and mitigate DDoS attacks to protect your websites. Creating your account is super easy. Just register with your email address and password. Enter your domain and leave the rest to Cloudflare.

Nachteile: You should really understand how to use Cloudlfare because for example when it blocks your website against a threat your website will be inaccessible and visitors will see an unfriendly webpage instead of your nice looking pages. To prevent this you should act fast and fix the problem.

• Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Adithya U.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.11.2018

"Cost effective and the best CDN , DDOS mitigation provider"

Vorteile: * Best and the market leader for providing CDN.
* Servers CDN from many locations and is having the largest network of CDN servers.
* Can protect against massive DDOS attacks.
* Extremely easy to set up the basic CDN and DDOS protection.
* Provides easy to use DNS editor to configure the domain.
* We can set rules for routing and traffic management.
* Block bad actors based on AI and incoming traffic.
* Extremely cost effective and has the best free plan available.
* Can serve the websites from cached versions in case of end point server outage.

Nachteile: * DDOS Mode if activated can cause captcha protection to appear for many legitimate users as well for initial load. This might deter or make them leave the site

• Bewertet am 29.11.2018