The best software our company purchased in 2018!

Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Zachary B.
Director of Marketing Strategy
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Divvy has enabled my company to gain WAY better insight into where dollars are going. We now know where we are over-budgeting and under-budgeting each month. Divvy makes tracking business expenses fun — I never thought I'd say that!

Vorteile: I first learned about Divvy via the daily business newsletter, Morning Brew. I was in disbelief that the product was totally free, so I scheduled a demo call. As it turns out, Divvy really is TOTALLY free. The app is incredibly user friendly and switching/updating budgets is surprisingly easy. But while the app interface is nice, the push notifications are wonderfully helpful, and Divvy travel has us saying bye-bye to Expedia, the REAL value our agency has found in using Divvy is the virtual card feature. As the Director of Marketing Strategy at a small Marketing Technology Agency, I manage a team of people who run a plethora of digital ads campaigns for numerous clients in any given month. Divvy's virtual card feature allows us to manage media buys on behalf of our clients without needing to open 100+ credit cards (or require the client to use their card). So, we're able to manage our clients' monthly spend and charge them a small admin fee (for putting the spend on our cards) without incurring ANY credit card fees.

Nachteile: Honestly, there are really only two things I dislike about Divvy: 1. That there isn't a Divvy for PERSONAL spending (I've been Googling looking for something like this for the past few weeks now...nothing seems to exist!) 2. The saving a receipt feature/adding notes feature is a little spotty at times. I find that I often need to go back into a purchase and re-upload the photo of the receipt/re-type my note. Hopefully this is a bug that gets worked out with the next app update.

von Divvy an 19.12.2018

Hi Zachary,
Thanks for the feedback! I've sent your feedback regarding the photo receipt uploads to the director of product, and he's looking into a way to improve that process and ideally ensure that it never happens again. Just wanted to thank you personally for joining the Divvy family of happy customers, and for taking the time to leave a great review!
-Mark

EXACTLY WHAT WE NEEDED!!!

Miguel M.
Finance & Accouting Assistant
Umweltdienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Their customer services is by far the best we have ever experienced. We use the live chat all the time and help get issues resolved right away. Also, they are constantly innovating, making processes more efficient and effective and take customer feedback seriously. Lots of the requests or comments I've had with them have turned into solutions within weeks. Everyone in our office loves Divvy and haven't had a single thing to complain about.

Vorteile: For years we had wanted to get corporate cards for staff but did not want to take the risk of not having credit and approval controls like we do now with Divvy. The ease of use, simplicity, and thoughtfulness that comes with Divvy is why we love it. Oh and it's free!

Nachteile: I have not had a single issue with them.

Expense Management Made Easy

Peter R.
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We've loved Divvy. It has given flexibility to those that travel while giving the flexibility to get things done without having to worry that one of the 3 corporate credit cards is floating around being used by a random employee.

Vorteile: Divvy has been great for our organization. We have been able to move away from reimbursements and have been able to give spending flexibility to everyone within our organization. We love being able to give every employee a card, but not having to worry that they are going to overspend. And possibly, one of my favorite features of any software ever is the ability to create virtual cards (both for subscriptions and burner cards for one time purchases). Its nice to know that I can cancel a virtual card and not have it affect other vendor payments.

Nachteile: There is a little bit of a lack of hierarchy available (like an administrator over certain budgets only) and a lack of flexibility with paying down our account (holds placed on account effectively freezing our cards) but other than that, it has been great!

It's the best because it is simple

Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Jeff B.
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been very positive. They are timely in their responses and they are flexible and open to customer ideas for improvement.

Vorteile: It is very easy to use and very ease to teach users how to use. It allows us to customize expense fields, budgets and reports so as an accounting team we get what we need, but it is simple enough for any user to use.

Nachteile: The only complaint I have at this point is that we cannot set limits for receipts. I'd like to be able to say "all transactions over $20 require a receipt," but that is not available yet.

Great Company Spend & Budgeting Tool

Brett W.
Director of Finance
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We wanted a solution for our different departments to have control over their spend while making sure we still had firm controls and oversight in place. Divvy met all those requirements for free.

Vorteile: Divvy has a great budgeting tool that allows you to easily segment departments so that they are in control of their own spend. Their app is easy to use to keep track of reciepts and ensure your team is in compliance. Best of all everything is free.

Nachteile: Getting set up and a credit line is a bit cumbersome as I have seen other companies have a much easier onboarding and offer higher levels of credit.

Corporate Credit Card Solution

Daniel P.
Accounting Manager
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From set up to implementation Divvy has provided an easy to use solution for our business to reconcile corporate credit card expenses in a timely fashion.

Vorteile: Ease of use, electronic retention of data and real time support

Nachteile: It takes too long to receive new or replacement cards

What we needed in a Corporate Credit Card

Jacob C.
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall we have had a great experience with Divvy. We were waisting so much time with fraud issues with other cards. Also has helped us with our employee card reconciliation. We can have required fields that our employees need to fill out like notes.

Vorteile: Virtual Cards are easy to generate, Control of employee cards and funds is really nice, Reporting is good, support has been really good

Nachteile: It is a little difficult for employees to catch on to how everything is supposed to work. It changes fairly quickly (good because it gets better, but con because you have to change your processes or relearn the software)

Innovative and unparalleled service

Chase C.
Corporate Controller
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to use Divvy. It has significantly reduced the time to close the books at month end. We used to have to wait at least a week just to reconcile credit card transactions, but with Divvy, it only takes one to two days. The team at Divvy has been extremely receptive to our feedback and providing the best customer experience possible.

Nachteile: The software is constantly evolving as we and other gives feedback (this is a good thing), but there doesn’t seem to be one clear cut path of best practices with Divvy.

Divvy is amazing!!!

Aaron A.
Business Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are now much more efficient. No more looking for 3-4 different software to handle all our needs because Divvy does them all in a perfect way.

Vorteile: Best expense software I have ever used. Our time reviewing and/or approving expenses is now cut in half. No more reimbursements. The budget features are also amazing. We have been looking for a better way to budget our expenses and Divvy does an amazing job at budget management.

Nachteile: I kinda wish we had to pay for it to let them know how much we appreciate it. It's that good.

Divvy is a great product

Kevin M.
Finance Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has eliminated missing receipts and automatically posts expenses to our accounting system (Quickbooks Online). Virtual cards eliminate overcharges and fraud.

Vorteile: We have had problems with volunteers and staff turning in credit card receipts. That is now a thing of the past - finally! It has totally eliminated that problem. When there is a missing receipt, now I know it within a couple days instead of a couple months. The users love it too because they don't have to worry about saving and turning in receipts as well. Just take a picture of it at the time of sale and they are done! The recent integration with Quickbooks was HUGE for us. Now most data entry of expenses is automatic as well. Very easy to use most of the time, and it's free!

Nachteile: Getting the hang of allocating budgets can be tricky. And if you have a budget used by multiple people it presents additional challenges trying to allocate funds between multiple people. Auto payments take a few days to free up funds. And virtual subscription cards don't reset until first business day of the month, which can be a problem if charges are attempted on the 1st and it is a weekend.

Fantastic Enterprise Solution

Mathew M.
Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: No Cost & more efficiency - I was able to reduce organizational expenses by over $20,000 annually AND increase efficiency , transparency in the budget process, and give visibility to department leaders on real-time spending.
The customer support has been fantastic.
Fraud controls and prevention have been fantastic - we have been able to quickly isolate and stop attempted fraud, either by our user or notification from the Divvy team.

Nachteile: I would like the ability to organize budgets in a more hierarchical way, so that Department leaders can start with their overall budget and drill down into sub-budgets.

Great product & easy to use

Jennfer R.
Director of Accounting/HR

Kommentare: Overall, it's been great. Our account manager responds quickly to questions and we love the ease of use on the administration side as well as user side.

Vorteile: No more losing receipts!!! It is so nice to snap a photo right away and tie it to your charge. It makes month end reconciling much more streamlined

Nachteile: My only issue is the rewards system. It's a headache to say the least. When you cash in your points earned, you can't simply login and explore all of your options like other credit card companies. You must send in your request and wait to hear back from Divvy. We requested gift cards as our rewards and were sent to a website where we had very limited options for gift cards, and they were all electronic cards. This is very hard to keep track of and would have been much more convenient to get a a visa/mastercard giftcard. Also, all of the gift cards were tied to my email address, so any cards redeemed came to me via email and I had to distribute them to where they needed to go.

Works great for our company!

Anthony B.
Director of Finance
Einzelhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company can easily see where and by whom the money is spent in real time and we can set the amount on how much each person spends.

Vorteile: I was able to roll out company wide usage in a matter of weeks. The software is intuitive and employees reported back to me that they enjoyed using it.

Nachteile: Integrating ACH payments was cumbersome and we had several vendors confused about how they were getting paid.

We love divvy for our crews

Cassie C.
Accountant
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We really like the budget feature for our crews. We are able to set monthly budgets for each person which has helped us to cut expense costs.

Vorteile: We love that we can assign budgets. It has really helped us to track expenses per job. The receipt feature is probably our most favorite part of Divvy. Having the ability to simply take a picture of your receipt and have it uploaded on the spot has greatly cut down missing and unreadable receipts. This is a major plus for a construction company.

Nachteile: Sometimes the upload feature won't work. However they have recently upgraded this feature to allow admins to upload receipt pictures for other user. So when the upload won't work for my guys in the field they simply send the picture to me and I can enter it.

Divvy: Perfection; Being free is just a bonus.

Bewertet am 18.2.2019
William l. D.
Accounting & Payroll Specialist
Medizinische Praxis, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Expense Tracking. Seamless, enjoyable, web and app based features.
Budgets. Seamless, enjoyable, web and app based features.
Customer Service. Doesn't get better than Divvy.
Decreased time spent reconciling, tracking, and other tedious tasks on credit cards easily by greater than 75%.

Vorteile: We switched from an old Visa card with no online functionality, lengthy customer service calls, and overall nothing more than a working credit card. Not to mention, it took 3 months to set up automatic payments every time we opened a new card. Switching to Divvy was easy, free, and seamless. In an organization with 20 credit cards, they've saved us dozens of hours each month, improved accountability, and made using a credit card almost as fun as it can be. We also researched other paid products (e.g. SAP Concur) and Divvy is far and beyond a better UI with all necessary features while they continue to improve and build out other fancy features. I 100% recommend Divvy to every business. Their people and customer service is also top notch. I would definitely apply to Divvy myself if I was looking for a new job in their locations.

Nachteile: I have no improvements for Divvy. I cannot think of any scenario where it would not be appropriate.

Great software that improves every day

Kyle B.

Vorteile: Free!
Budgeting
Automatically marks out of compliance transactions
Customization

Nachteile: No tiered budgets
No recurring periods other than monthly
No ability to mass upload budgets
A bit buggy

Game-changing product

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Meredith B.
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: After working with Divvy, I have come to respect the integrity of the organization. The staff are not only knowledgeable, but strive to create an experience that is light-hearted and fun. An unexpected treat coming from a credit card company.

Vorteile: We are able to categorize transactions after the purchase using custom fields that are searchable. Funds are allocated to a person, not a specific credit card number. Our team can switch between a physical card and virtual cards; those transactions can be categorized in a way specific to our organization. This flexibility has completely changed the way we do business. No exaggeration when I said Divvy is a game-changer.

Nachteile: This is a new software so it can be buggy and slow at times. However, Divvy has consistently and timely addressed issues and is continually investing back in the product.

Takes your organization to the next level!

Nikolay K.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am so happy we found Divvy as it solved so many of our problems and saves us tens of hours a month even with the small team we have!

Vorteile: - It's free and easy to set up and use;
- Integrates with QuickBooks;
- Takes care of your all your Accounts Payable;
- Modern software and look, nice-looking and secure mobile app.

Nachteile: - It should allow buffers for budgets as sometimes just for a few pennies or dollars, a charge might get declined;
- Should be easier to reallocate budget distribution and maybe divide the budget into areas and assign people to areas instead of having to set a max to each person, which forces you to over-allocate to people and thus inflate greatly the budget.

Early adopter

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Jenna G.
Chief Financial Officer
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: 1. Taking a picture of receipts: Has drastically increased our overall collection of receipts and the ease of collecting and organizing them. This decreases my risk from an outside audit standpoint as well as improved internal compliance since it's a lot easier to review receipts.
2. Expense report simplification: We have saved hours of time from a data entry standpoint while simultaneously increasing the accuracy of the data entered.

Nachteile: I'd love to be able to upload the desired budgets into their software rather than having to manually change each budget, one at a time.

Divvy was the solution to several of our issues

Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Sherry T.
VP Accounting & Finance
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This card was selected only because we wanted an expense reporting system that didn't cost any money and then we've found other benefits to the card so we've distributed it further than we had orginally anticipated.

Vorteile: Love that we can snap a picture of the receipt and do away with taping receipts to paper! Also, like the "instantly code" an expense rather than waiting until the end of the month to code all credit card charges. Love the budget by card feature so allow small charges to be made by individuals who would not normally get a credit card - giving them a limit to buy some gas or supplies is much better than processing their expense reports submitted because they needed to use their personal card or cash for minor purchases. Also love the download to QuickBooks is item specific so when Audit makes their selections it is a single charge and not the total of several charges hitting a specific GL account like we have now because we use pivot tables to summarize the monthly charges on a single credit card.

Nachteile: The fact that we need to select a category and then subsequently select and account is an unnecessary step - we just want to code our charges to an account directly. Also - splitting charges between departments and codes is not possible within the application which is a problem for us. Also - the credit card payments are pulling weekly from our bank so we aren't getting the cash float we used to get by paying at the end of the month.

Divvy gives us control!

Bradley A.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Divvy allows us to control our spending, which let's us sleep at night knowing that we aren't being taken advantage of. The app works flawlessly which makes our office staff happy! Divvy has a great product all around!

Vorteile: I love the fact that we can proactively budget and "send" money to our crews as they need it, rather than giving them just a credit card which they could use at their discretion.

Nachteile: With Divvy being the software company, not the bank, their user interface is slightly limited with regards to something like a fraud issue, but customer service more than makes up for it! Their team is wonderful to deal with!!!

Best screen splitter for Mac, so far

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Administration, Finance and Control Plant Manager
Pharmazeutika, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When I started working with a double monitor setup, I felt the need of some solution to somehow split my screens and create specific sized working areas dedicated to most used apps, in order to keep them always visible (Email client, A/V conferencing and chat system, office and business apps, and a virtual remote desktop). Divvy allows to take advantage of all your available space among multiple monitors in a simple and intuitive way. When your desktop starts to be cluttered after some hours of work, Divvy helps to keep what matters always under control.

Vorteile: Stable, easy to use, very convenient to efficiently work in multi monitor setup. Shortcut configuration makes windows resize very efficient.

Nachteile: No noticeable downsides, so far. Maybe a little more pricey than the competitors, but still very affordable.

Throw Out Your Petty Cash Box

Anne-marie W.
Business Manager
Druck, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Divvy has been great and I would 100% recommend it. The customer service is top notch and they continue to make enhancements. We switched to Divvy to replace our old school petty cash system and to replace the Home Depot credit cards that we had for our installers. The new system works GREAT! Each person requests funds when they are running low, they take pictures of their receipts as soon as the purchase is made and money is deducted daily from our business checking account. It also integrates nicely with QuickBooks. There are a ton of other features that we do not make use of but as we continue to grow I'm sure that will change.

Vorteile: I don't have to think about it. Once it's set up it just does what it's supposed to.

Nachteile: It might just be me but it's not visually intuitive. I find that I have to click several things before I get to where I want to be.

Game changer!

Holly L.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The level of detail and control provided by using Divvy has been a game changer. We have multiple users using cards daily, with little info over what budgets they were charging against. We were also making payments against our current card that would take many days to process and become usable again. Divvy changed all of this. We now know what every dollar is being spent for, and our payments are posted almost instantly. Also, the customer service at Divvy is the best!

Nachteile: There is really nothing I don't like about Divvy!

Take Back Control of your Company's Expenses

Chad H.
Managing Partner
Investmentbanking, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a small organization, we had not rolled out corporate credit cards and were manually reimbursing business expenses. Divvy has allowed us to automate this process and has freed us up to focus on our business.

Vorteile: The thing I like most about using Divvy is having immediate access to spending across our entire organization. I love being able to create budgets and allocate them to individual employees. It creates a level of transparency and visibility that is empowering to the entire company.

Nachteile: They are still perfecting the user interface. There are a few quirks and inefficiencies but I have seen huge improvements over time.