Azure Synapse Analytics Bewertungen

von Microsoft

4.1/5
    4.2/5

Über Azure Synapse Analytics

Webbasierte Data-Warehouse-Anwendung mit SQL-Analytics-Funktionalität, die Daten aus mehreren Quellen in einer Datenbank erfasst.

Erfahre mehr über Azure Synapse Analytics

Daniel C.
Managing Partner
  • Bewertet am 14.8.2019

"AWS who?....."

Kommentare: Spinning up virtual environments and hosting software for clients and we use cold and hot storage for clients servers and backs with azure as they offer some of the best storage rates as compared to AWS. We can also spin up virtual domain and active directories for our clients to remove the heat and maintenance from small facilities on the edge of their environment that might not have a dedicated space for IT. Allowing us to now only offsite the IT but also the infrastructure.

Vorteile: I have found the best use for Azure is to off site the IT hardware for infrastructure, So now IT can not only have the team off site but now that off site team doesn't have to worry about the servers being touched by employees messing around in the network closets.Allowing entire companies to be managed off site.

Nachteile: Price on VMs, non transparent price, ease to setup redundancy...

• Bewertet am 14.8.2019
Alfredo R.
ventas
51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"There are some awesome backup solutions out there, I'm talking about products born in virtualization"

Vorteile: 1966/5000
There are some impressive backup solutions out there, I'm talking about products born in virtualization ... and not those designed for tape backup 20 years ago that some of you buy because that's what they've always bought. Some of the excellent products are even advertised on this site. They have their own unique approaches and points of sale, which I should applaud, and I encourage you to visit their sites and try their free trial versions. Then you have options, and that's a very good thing.
We use a lot of DPM and store our long term in Azure, as described by Aiden. I want to share some important obstacles that we have come across so you can benefit from our experiences.
1) We had a DPM protection group with 76 protected Hyper-V virtual machines. This protection group was programmed to send recovery points to Azure all at once. 76 was too much and the OBEngine.exe service (Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent) was blocked every night, so I had to restart the OBEngine service and manually restart these online backups every day. By splitting the protection group into several smaller protection groups (each protecting about 20 Hyper-V servers instead of 76) and scheduling them to send recovery points to Azure at different times of the night, the problem was solved. I do not think this is a bandwidth problem (since we have a lot) but that the OBEngine service was being overwhelmed. The errors I found in DPM every morning clearly indicated that the OBEngine

Nachteile: It lacks options for life cycle management.
- Some of the functions only work in the classic portal.
The reliability of the services depends on the technological and financial capacity of the providers of services in the cloud. The information of the company must go through different nodes to reach its destination, each of them (and its channels) are a source of insecurity. The centralization of the applications and the storage of the data originates an interdependence of the service providers. It is useful if you are not familiar with Azure to take an online training course that will definitely take you a long way to master it and increase your confidence in the product. It tends to use resources and when the VM goes down it is slow and freezes. the dashboard design is confusing AF, it is difficult to find things. You pay the support, or send them a tweet and cross your fingers. Billing is confusing, especially at the beginning, and it is impossible to estimate costs without seeing the use of an entire application / site. infrastructure as a service allows me to free up time and resources until then to maintain its own infrastructure, security measures are beyond the reach of most companies, security regulations give customers the confidence that their data will be totally protected. The support was incomplete (my experience of 1 in 18 months was very disappointing). In summary, regardless of what the system tells you, if you do not buy a help plan, it is SOL

• Bewertet am 13.3.2018
CTO
  • Bewertet am 10.2.2020

"Best hybrid cloud"

Kommentare: We love it. We have several CI/CD pipelines in visual studio to automate and manage our environments. It has an excellent support for CLI so that infrastructure as code possible.

Vorteile: It is easy to use even for non-developers. It has both command line and dashboard access to cloud resources. Best in class support. It works great with in-prem and in cloud apps with a seamless integration. Their advisor tool works great to mitigate issues with security and under utilized resources.

Nachteile: Some areas of cloud offerings could be be better. Hard disk management is not as matured as AWS. Frequent crashing of VMs causes disk corruption. Managed database services like cosmos, mysql and postgresql are expensive.

• Bewertet am 10.2.2020
Proprietor
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.2.2020

"Great software!"

Kommentare: Turning up virtual conditions and facilitating programming for customers and we utilize cold and hot stockpiling for customers servers and backs with sky blue as they offer probably the best stockpiling rates when contrasted with AWS. We can likewise turn up virtual area and dynamic indexes for our customers to expel the warmth and upkeep from little offices on the edge of their condition that probably won't have a committed space for IT. Permitting us to now just offsite the IT yet in addition the foundation.

Vorteile: I have discovered the best use for Azure is to off site the IT equipment for framework, So now IT can have the group off site as well as now that off site group doesn't need to stress over the servers being moved by workers messing around in the system closets.Allowing whole organizations to be overseen off site.

Nachteile: Lacking options for life cycle management. - Some of the capacities just work in the great gateway. The unwavering quality of the administrations relies upon the innovative and monetary limit of the suppliers of administrations in the cloud. The data of the organization must experience various hubs to arrive at its goal, every one of them (and its channels) are a wellspring of frailty. The centralization of the applications and the capacity of the information begins an association of the specialist co-ops. It is valuable in the event that you are inexperienced with Azure to take an internet instructional class that will take you far to ace it and increment your trust in the item. It will in general use assets and when the VM goes down it is moderate and freezes. the dashboard configuration is confounding AF, it is hard to discover things. You pay the help, or send them a tweet and cross your fingers. Charging is confounding, particularly toward the start, and it is difficult to gauge costs without seeing the utilization of a whole application/site. foundation as an assistance permits me to save time and assets up to that point to keep up its own framework, safety efforts are past the scope of most organizations, security guidelines give clients the certainty that their information will be completely ensured. The help was deficient (my experience of 1 of every year and a half was extremely baffling). In rundown, paying little heed to what the framework lets you know, on the of

• Bewertet am 3.2.2020
Esra K.
Research and Development Director
  • Bewertet am 17.4.2019

"Azure has a long way to go"

Kommentare: Azure is developing itself continuously and I believe it will be better in the future.

Vorteile: I gave 5 stars to its features and functionality because Azure really tries hard to stay competitive in the market and it has most of the features that a cloud provider should offer. We use Azure to provide our services to our customers that work with Microsoft. What I like the most about Azure is its AI tools. Azure is really successful when it comes to machine learning.

Nachteile: I will be a little bit cruel about Customer Support and Ease of Use. We work with Azure as CSP partners. One day we had a problem with one of our servers and I couldn't even reach to support team to get help. Later I learned that since we are CSP partners we cannot directly get in touch with Azure team. Instead we should contact our local dealer to get support. It is tiring to involve bureaucracy to IT when all I wanted was to mount a disk to another server. Be very careful when you test the servers. You will be charged for a full hour even if you keep the server alive for 5 minutes. If you do not want to delete a resource accidentally you must lock it. I learned this lock feature from our local distributor but Azure should force you to take such cautions by putting the option directly to the interface. Maybe a little checkbox saying "Do you want to lock your resource?" would be nice. The interface should be more user friendly. It is really complicated for the beginners. The partial windows that open in each step is confusing. It will be easier without the split structure.

• Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Elshan H.
Business Analyst
Informationsdienst, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2020

"Azure cloud platform"

Kommentare: As I am working as a business analyst I am using this platform for many purposes, the important one is I am using this tool for keeping the data that we have, and also it provides a product for doing data analytics and with the help of that one I am making decisions for the company.

Vorteile: Azure platform is very great product, since it provides all the needed services for the company. For the customers there are a lot of choices and also the cool thing is that the customers only pay as much as they use, no extra charges. The platform is also great for providing secure and reliable data source for the company which is very important for us.

Nachteile: The only problem that I am facing with this platform is that it seems very complex from the first glance. The reason is that there are a lot of services and products and all of them are collected in one place and the user do not know how to start, therefore in the first times it is very time-taking to find and manage the things.

• Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Ryan P.
Golf Caddy
  • Bewertet am 22.12.2019

"Azure Devops - Best Devops Sofware on the Market"

Kommentare: Azure Devops was an essential part of my team and I's software development experience. Without Azure Devops, we would not have been able to develop our application as easily and quickly.

Vorteile: Azure Devops has a variety of features that have been very useful for me:
- Azure Boards: Azure boards allowed my team and I to stay organized and informed about our tasks
through Agile methodology.
- Azure Pipelines: Azure Pipelines allowed my team and I to quickly and easily deploy our application to
both our test and production servers.
- Azure Repos: Azure Repos allowed my team and I to create, maintain, and share various versions of our
application through version control.
- Azure Test Plans: Azure Test Plans allowed my team and I to quickly and easily test our application to
make sure there were no bugs.

Nachteile: There was nothing I did not like about Azure Devops. Azure Devops made software development much quicker and easier for my team and I.

• Bewertet am 22.12.2019
Vinay G.
Associate e
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.12.2019

"Azure for publishing web application"

Kommentare: It is very easy to use and websites published using azure are easy to maintain.

Vorteile: Azure provides the infrastructure for hosting web applications and SQL database. Using azure for publishing web application developed in .net. it is easy to publish and manage web applications and database using azure

Nachteile: As such there there are no cons. It is very easy to use and websites published using azure are easy to maintain.

• Bewertet am 31.12.2019
Brandon H.
Cyber Security Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2020

"Azure is a good VPC but is a little behind on features of other VPCs"

Kommentare: Getting out of the data center business. Azure keeps us working and integrates well with a Microsoft development dependent infrastructure.

Vorteile: If you're a Microsoft shop then Azure is your place to lift and shift you Microsoft servers to. There's still some features that they're lacking that other VPCs have but overall it's a good product. Their integration with other Microsoft products is 2nd to none.

Nachteile: The interface is a bit clunky and could use some work. Features are lacking and the ability to automatically set services that are not being used to close or expire needs to be there. Sure they have recommendations on how to save money but there should be a way to automatically do something when that recommendation is triggered.

• Quelle: GetApp
  • Bewertet am 5.3.2020
Tom P.
Technical Consultant
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.2.2020

"Excellent cloud platform for IaaS and PaaS"

Vorteile: Azure CLI makes it easy to create infrastructure with code

Nachteile: Can be costly for some organisations who lift and shift from on-prem

• Bewertet am 9.2.2020
Graphic Designer
Druck, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.1.2019

" technological Advancement"

Kommentare: Advantages Microsoft Azure, being a flexible cloud platform offers the possibility to build applications within a short while and at the same time deploy and manage it on the platform for access of other users on the cloud network. Azure also offers the opportunity of automating tasks in personal Azure environment, this also includes the creation of runbooks which reduces overhead costsemerits Azure has a major setback which has many users concern, it does not support snapshot. The provision of virtual machines also takes a lot of time when compared to being done in reality. It actually has a slow response to updates with a poor graphic user interface. Azure is a very secure platform with high availability which is cost effective, it makes a positive mark on cloud computing.

Vorteile: I n an informative age where there is rapid growth in technological advancement, the successes achieved in different sectors like the business sector must include a high level of subscription into technological products. In relating the first generation technological gadgets which were massive in size to the present age modernized appliances and technological tools with are as small as the microchip, one cannot but understand the boundless nature of advancement and the need to flow with the tide. Cloud computing, one of the very few technological advancement of recent times allows for the storage and accessing of data and different resources over the internet.

Nachteile: This minimizes the need for individuals to own and move about with computer hard drives as they can securely access their information, edit and retrieve this information at any given point in time. This seems to be a more flexible and efficient option when compared to the conventional personal computer (PC). The development of Azure, a public cloud computing platform made cloud computing more useful to individuals, small and medium size businesses and even the multinationals. This posed many benefits to growing businesses that could not afford to purchase the necessities for their business operations like softwares, storage devices and servers, the small businesses only needed a web browser in their computer and an active internet connection.

• Bewertet am 20.1.2019
Tim C.
Senior Software Developer
  • Bewertet am 15.8.2017

"A powerful platform with tons of options but a confusing interface and unclear pricing"

Vorteile: There are a ton of amazing points about Azure. The ease of which you can spool up new websites, databases, or even entire virtual machines is incredible. You can do in minutes what would take you hours to do on site. Setting up communication between resources is also quite easy. Inside each installed item (website, VM, SQL Server, etc.), there will be options that you can configure. These options make it very easy to quickly configure your resources in a way that is best. Not sure what you should do for setup? No problem. There are usually only a few pages of options, so it is easy enough to click through each page and read them (and their associated help). That allows for a much better experience for even novice Azure users.

Nachteile: I like Azure a lot, but there are definitely some big areas for improvement. The biggest, I think, is a very clear and transparent pricing system. It is very difficult to figure out what a certain addition will do to impact your monthly pricing. You have to guess a bit at what you think will happen and where you think you are at overall to figure out if you can afford to add another resource. That's not the way it should be. The interface leave a lot to be desired as well. They just updated it, but it actually added to the confusion. There are so many boxes and flyouts to navigate, it gets hard to figure out what resources you are already using. I would like to see a very clear "this is what you have" system, especially when new resources can use the existing resources. For example, you can set up a VM to host your websites. Cool. However, that VM is a special one and it is hard to find to configure. Also, it is hard to figure out if it would be ok to add another website to it or not (is it pegged out or is there some wiggle room to add more load?). Like I said, I like Azure. There is just room to make it better.

• Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Ashish T.
Co Founder & Chief Product Officer
  • Bewertet am 17.9.2019

"Can't imagine to run our Business without Azure"

Kommentare: It's a wonderful experience using Azure. Being an startup we're able to host and manage a complex Enterprise Level business solution without any server administrator.
We would not have been able to manage our product without Azure.

Vorteile: 1. Intuitive and Fast Interface.
2. Everything possible with Azure.
3. Most Reasonable platform.
4. Multiple Technology Stack makes the life easy.
5. Ultimate Performance
6. Great analytics from usage to pricing level.

Nachteile: Microsoft keep on engineering and inventing the platform periodically. Whatever we think is missing is present in the immediate releases.

• Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Senior Software Engineer
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.3.2019

"Microsoft Azure - Provides us the best cloud experience right now!!!!"

Kommentare: We work for health care across the globe , For us it is well suited fpr moving single use servers to the cloud.We were able to quickly replicate some of our servers and move their functionalities to the new azure hosted servers.Core and Advanced ADC functionalities helps us serve us customers better. Supports bigger platforms. We chose Azure as we pay only for what we use, certain applications were used rarely to produce reports but we had to pay a hefty amount. The accessibility of software and flexibility is good. Lot of features we havent explored yet. Good product and we are happy adopting it.

Vorteile: 1. Easy integration with other microsoft products. Easy installation and use.
2. It is very user friendly and provides user friendly options for data capture and analysis.
3. Lot of options and variety of capabilities.
4. Market of Azure is growing very rapidly, the PaaS offerings are evolving and rapidly maturing.
5. Supports the current infrastructure of our company.
6. Pay only for the resources strategy helps and support our company in a big way.
7. Security management on microsoft Azure is good.
8. Cloud computing is the best feature and its virtual environment on the market is stand out.
9. Database administration is made simple and easy.
10. Less cost with high performance.

Nachteile: 1. Monitoring the spend and billing rates are always are headache.
2.Backup and restoration process take a little bit of time.
3. User interface works slowly on firefox browsers.
4. Support and service center support should be more responsive.

• Bewertet am 30.3.2019
Ebrahim F.
Software Developer
  • Bewertet am 9.1.2019

"Game and Life Changer"

Kommentare: Aside from the worry about data centers going down, I have absolutely no problems with Azure and my experience has been amazing and very educational.

Vorteile: Azure has certainly changed the way I look at platform hosting, as well as app availability. Before Azure, it was a real pain to plan deployments of both new and updates to the web. From the setting up of IIS, to the configuring of firewalls and everything in between, it was always on of my most dreaded tasks. With Azure, everything is central and easily managed. I can spin up new apps, update existing apps, scale up or down on resources, and the list just goes on. I think back to the days of having to coordinate with so many people for hardware, software, networks and even a simple server reboot was something that was always a big concern.
So many cool features, from basic to "I don't know yet, but I am excited to find out", Azure has made life so easy for myself and our company.

Nachteile: When a data center goes down, it is a mission to get your databases going. The app side is okay, but SQL on Azure becomes a huge challenge. There are tools to make life easier for DR scenarios, but they are pricey and through research so far, I found that even having a combination of the available options in place, still will not guarantee a hassle-free way of keeping your databases available.

• Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Alex G.
Software Engineer
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.11.2017

"Not a great microsoft fan, happy customer regardless"

Kommentare: Azure has helped us sustain operations and scale over the years in multiple projects. It is a great offering that can help any business from startup to large enterprises build and grow together.

Vorteile: I have been using Microsoft Azure for the past 5+ years. I was never a big Microsoft fan, having dropped Windows for Linux/Mac for more than 15 years already. At first I was sceptical as to how can a company with its own technologies thrive in a space dominated by Unix based systems.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that in terms of services offered by Azure you miss very few as compared to Amazon cloud and gain much compared to Google's cloud offering.
Command line tools support is on par with what an experienced developer would expect, the line of offering for different services is amazing and ever expanding and the customer support is there when you need it.
All in all I would recommend Azure services to any developer that is looking to start developing in the cloud or even needs to develop in multiple clouds for high availability purposes.

Nachteile: The one thing that Microsoft can improve on Azure is transparency in pricing. There are times when I'm trying to evaluate cost between different clouds and it's more complex to figure out how much our usage would cost on Azure as opposed to AWS.

• Bewertet am 22.11.2017
Denis V.
MS SQL Server DBA
  • Bewertet am 14.2.2018

" MS Azure go to the cloud."

Kommentare: We're using cloud IaaS solution by having infrastructure in the cloud.
Us don't need to keep our own hardware and upgrade it.
We pay only for resource We use.

Vorteile: MS Azure provides multiple services for any area of your business. You can chose degree of how you will control of your infrastructure by choosing from IaaS, Paas, SaaS.
In recent time most popular Azure's set of tools for business - OMS, which includes such services like Log Analytics for monitoring and analyzing of your infrastructure, Automation Service to automate your routine tasks,
Azure backup to do backups in preferred places, Azure site recovery - for fast recovery your infrastructure in another pace, Security service to help you identify, assess, and mitigate security risks to your infrastructure.
You can use mentioned above services to implement as hybrid scenarios or completely migrate to the cloud.
The main advantage of the MS Azure You don't need to keep your own hardware and upgrade it and depending on your requirements you can choose your degree of involvement by using from IaaS, Paas, SaaS.
In general MS Azure helps to save your money and time.

Nachteile: Azure features and services get outdated so fast and it is hard to be in trend, something that you know today can be changed tomorrow and looks and managed in different way.
Need to remember so many settings and they can be located very deep in some services.

• Bewertet am 14.2.2018
System Engineer
  • Bewertet am 3.8.2018

"Great cloud computing platform with a wide variety of options to fit very broad needs"

Kommentare: The product has been fantastic, the customer service a little underwhelming but not enough for us to ditch the product. It has become ingrained into our workflow and we love using it.

Vorteile: Azure has a wide offering when it comes to how a dev team would like to customize their product and push computing up into the cloud. It takes the burden off of the dev to have to manage their IT infrastructure. We previously contracted out our IT needs to another company who would often take anywhere between 3-6 months to get a server set up for us. With Azure we can do it in one day. I don't know why it took us so long to switch. We are currently using Azure Functions (Great product), Azure Service Bus, Azure Web Apps, and Azure Logic Apps. All of these products have been working well to fit our needs and have fit great with our team as we can keep the code locally in source control. We've also been able to configure our Functions and Logic Apps in a CD/CI pipeline to speed up development and releases.

Nachteile: Azure is amazing and has a wide variety but boy is there a learning curve. There is so much to offer and so much to do that the beginning user tends to feel VERY overwhelmed. I wish Microsoft did a better job at bringing people in gradually and had support that felt easy to interact with. This definitely is the biggest pitfall.

• Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Wechuli P.
Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Maybe the Best Cloud Provider"

Kommentare: Azure meets all the necessary cloud infrastructure needs we may have, a bit pricy though, but overall a fantastic platform.

Vorteile: - Smooth, and intuitive interface to manage your resources
- The concept of Resource Group is well defined and you can organize all your resources under different resource groups(regardless of the regions) for easier management of related resources
- Thorough documentation of all APIs
- Availability of free hands-on training material through Microsoft Learn
- Wide range of offerings

Nachteile: - Can get quite expensive for some services
- Management of permissions and billing accounts through Azure AD can get complicated very quickly

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Adithya U.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2018

"Tough Competitor to AWS and Google Cloud - Best in terms of Cost, APIs and easy to use !"

Vorteile: * Provides many machine learning / AI API specific services like voice recognition, voice identification, etc which helps to develop or incorporate AI features in our application easily without the need for a dedicated team having expertise in these machine learning areas.
* Value for money - Get more resources at same cost compared to alternatives.
* Transparent pricing which helps to predict the monthly costs.
* Very easy to set up new servers and enable scalability to accommodate huge influx of traffic.
* Dedicated support available and many sessions are conducted to educate the users.
* A must cloud service provided if you want windows based machines as these guys are expert in giving a well optimized windows machine.
* Generous free credits available for first time users.

Nachteile: * The console/dashboard is little cluttered and can be overwhelming for some users.
* System admins who are used to work in other platforms will take some time to adjust to Azure environment.
* Too many choices available to achieve the same purpose which can can cause confusion ( Paradox of choices)

• Bewertet am 21.10.2018
Manny P.
Computer-Vernetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.11.2018

"Amazing Cloud Service"

Kommentare: Azure is amazing. We were planning to migrate to them, but it was too costly. Every year we do the numbers and see if it's cost effective, so far not yet, but in time it will be and this is where my cloud service will go.
For now, I will just keep the service at a minimum until we are ready for the transition.

Vorteile: I am excited on how great Azure is becoming and cannot wait to see more. Love your network migrator software and cannot wait to see more from you guys in the future.

Nachteile: Your pricing is rediculous, I don't understand why their pricing is so out of this world, which I know in time pricing will go down, but for small businesses it's just not yet worth it. Your company has already the dominant market in OS, why not make Azure special and reduce pricing and storage and swallow up the world as we know it so that Microsoft will be live forever. I understand that you are in a new market and are catching up to AWS, but your never going to beat them unless you strategize your game plan and give user's packages that make sense and are cost effective. The cloud is coming, it's all on who does it first and how they do it.

• Bewertet am 15.11.2018
James T.
Vice President
  • Bewertet am 28.2.2018

"Stable, Solid platform, with some Support woes (if you need it)."

Vorteile: Extremely solid platform, very easy to get started, very easy to manage, billing is a breeze to understand and monitor. (Yeah, it's Microsoft)

Nachteile: Support was sketchy (My 1 experience in 18 months needing it was a disappointing one). In brief, regardless of what the system tells you, if you don't purchase a support plan you're SOL. During the recent Intel software glitch one of our Azure VMs was affected. Opened a case, top priority level, was given a 2 hour promise of contact, watched patiently on the portal as the clock went from 2h to 1h to 30 minutes, to PENDING.... 2 days and 6 hours later (on a Saturday) someone called me to say my ticket was being assigned. Assigned? Another few hours later a call from a technician. By then, the problem had already been resolved on my end (simple VM redeploy using RSV) but I let it play out. They provided the fix, issue was resolved on the original VM. Ok. I then engaged my Account Manager (yes, you get one even on a Pay-As-You-Go service plan) and expressed my concerns about what happened. This is when I was told I didn't have a "Support Plan". My response was pretty simple "Then the ticket system should tell/warn/note that, and not tell you you'll get a response in 2 hours."

• Bewertet am 28.2.2018
Marsha J.
Support Staff
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.3.2018

"I am impressed by the functionality of Azure and for creating VM it's quite easy and saves time"

Kommentare: It's really fast, you can go to having an SQL server in 30 minutes after knowing how to create your servers. It is very helpful in controlling loads. Microsft have outdone themselves in making simple the process of creating and managing cloud assets in Azure. There are multiple ways of doing things also, choosing your way. If you want to create or manage resources through the portal, PowerShell, the .NET API, REST, etc. it is really up to you. The functionality of Azure and creating VM is quite easy and saves time. The dashboards are really helpful, and I think it's easy for beginners to start using.

Vorteile: Microsft have outdone themselves in making simple the process of creating and managing cloud assets in Azure. There are multiple ways of doing things also, choosing your way. If you want to create or manage resources through the portal, PowerShell, the .NET API, REST, etc. it is really up to you. The functionality of Azure and creating VM is quite easy and saves time. The dashboards are really helpful, and I think its easy for beginners to start using.

Nachteile: It is helpful if you are not familiar with Azure to do some online training course which will definitely take you a long way in mastering it and build your confidence in the product. It tends to use of resources and it times the VM shut down is slow and freezes.

• Bewertet am 7.3.2018
Managing Director
Lebensmittelproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 16.6.2019

"Microsoft Azure Simple and Easy life in the Cloud"

Kommentare: It has a slight learning cure but eventually you get it. Using Microsoft Azure allows me quick deployment and ease in scalability to meet customer demands and I get a sense of security know that my services and data are protected and always available

Vorteile: Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform which allows you to build, test, deploy and manage applications and services online using Microsoft’s vast international data centers. You don't need to buy computing hardware like servers, and etc simply rent from Microsoft and pay for what you use and use what you can afford. You don't have to worry about making costly upgrades from time to time or the cost of systems or hardware maintenance. Everything is based at the Microsoft data centers where all the computing assets and resources are available to you in the cloud/Internet. Therefore you can grow or contract your virtual resources as easily as 123 and as demand dictates Microsoft Azure saves you time and money, its easily scalable and enables quick deployment of your services and or applications Security is another great benefit you get from using Microsoft Azure. Consider if you were using an on site computing solution, you may have a single system admin or a very small team. However with MS Azure they have a very large security team dedicated to the protection of the Azure platform and therefore your content or what ever it is that you are using MS Azure to do Note their infrastructure is global with various forms of redundancies therefore if there is a failure in their system I'm certain it would not slow or affect your business. If it was an on site solution and something failed I'm very certain you would be feeling that in a negative manner

Nachteile: Everything is in the cloud and consequently if you lose your Internet connection then you can't manage your data or services. Microsoft Azure can be a little over whelming due to the vast number of services offered Understanding the menu structure takes a bit of learning and getting used to.

• Bewertet am 16.6.2019
Funashi M.
IT Administrator
Metallabbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.11.2019

"Azure Way Of The Cloud Computing"

Kommentare: Azure is very good, scalable, resourceful and is reliable and secure.

Vorteile: Microsoft Azure is truly the way of Cloud computing as it helps save money through IaaS/PaaS offering Infrastructure and Platform As A Service. No need to have on-premise computing power when you can have it in the Cloud allowing you to efficiently use the resources.

Nachteile: Azure requires comprehensive training, IT expertise to set up. And for the end-user when you don't have internet you will have no access to the resources.

• Bewertet am 26.11.2019