Wir helfen Unternehmen in der Schweiz

PDQ Deploy & Inventory Erfahrungen

Über PDQ Deploy & Inventory

Nicht verfügbar

Hard to find a weakness with pdq inventory...so I won't list one.

Bewertungen zu PDQ Deploy & Inventory

4.8

9.3/10

PDQ Deploy & Inventory hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 338 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie PDQ Deploy & Inventory bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Nico
IT-Administrator in Deutschland
Software für die Automobilindustrie, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Das zweite Jahr mit PDQ

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Seitdem wir PDQ Deploy im Einsatz haben, können wir mit wenigen Klicks unsere Clients mit Software versorgen. Das spart viel Zeit und mit Inventory gemeinsam hat man stets einen guten Überblick über die Hardware.

- Klasse Paketverteilung für individuelle Software- mit Inventory zusammen lassen sich leicht gefilterte Gruppen nutzen

- benötigt etwas Eingewöhnung in die Benutzeroberfläche- Paketverteilung bedarf manchmal etwas händische Nacharbeit

André
André
System Administrator in Brasilien
Chemikalien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A easy to use and reliable solution for small and mid sized companies

5.0 vor 4 Jahren

Kommentare: When we started to use this software, we did not have a solution to inventory and deploy softwares on your computers and servers, that is a powerful tool, with a very good price that really worths the investiment. We were able to keep all our computers and softwares updated, and we have pushed some Windows build updates through PDQ Deploy, which worked very well! If you do not have a inventory/deploy solution on your environment, and cannot spend so much money with it, go with PDQ without think twice, you will not regret!

It is easy to implement, configure and to use it, everything on this software is so intuitive, even if you not read the manual you can do more than 50% of the software functionalities. The software has a wide variety of options to deploy softwares to your computers, also, if you spend a few bucks more, you can buy the PDQ Inventory, which works very well integrated with the Deploy solution.

The error messages on the deploys are not so clear, it difficults the troubleshooting on the first time without some research.

Joshua
System Administrator in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 501–1’000 Mitarbeiter

Inexpensive, Hierarchecal, and Scalable

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: My overall experience with inventory has been very positive. Whenever I change jobs I encourage them to switch to PDQ. After its adoption, my team shares my enthusiasm.

I like the ability to create nested groups, that can be dynamic or static. I will also enjoy the ability to use multiple compound statements, without limitation in order to drill down and find devices that meet whatever criteria I can dream up or that I've been given.

The only problems I've really run into is the speed that you're able to scan large scale organizations with a lot of VPN users. Occasionally DNS does not update quickly enough so you wind up with an IP pointing to a different workstation. This doesn't really cause a great deal of problems, it just causes the scan to fail. It's not a huge deal because it will correct itself during the next scan typically

Francesca
ICT Director in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Never Gets Enough of It, Very Easy to Use

5.0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: It has been a smooth ride on asset tracking and management with this tool which has resulted in reduced cost of asset replacement due to loss or wear and tear. The ripple effect is inventory management which has been made easy and efficient using PDQ Deploy & Inventory.

Despite the ease of use, it is a great tool that helped with patch management as well as real time monitoring of assets.

Nothing to dislike, it met our expectations

Anthony
Anthony
IT Manager in UK
Computer-Hardware, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A good choice for privacy conscious companies

3.0 letztes Jahr

There are no agents to install on systems being inventoried and it is installed locally on your own network (even just a local desktop) which make a it quick to install and keeps all the communications and data within your local network.

Because it is agentless there are issues when trying to inventory systems that are removed from the local network, e.g. Home workers.

Jim
Director of Information Security in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Inventory and Patching System for Network Administrators

5.0 vor 3 Monaten

Kommentare: It is a critical component in our Inventory and Security Patching process. Helps us keep systems patched so that we are less vulnerable to security threats.

You can setup automated scheduled tasks to patch systems at any time during the week or weekends. Allows patches to automatically be pushed out afterhours to avoid any system downtime.

It is mainly intended to only inventory and patch Windows products. It would be great to have more integration where it could go out and inventory printers and linux type devices.

Stephen
Senior Systems Administrator in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 501–1’000 Mitarbeiter

The one thing you got to have

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Used it at previous job, and when I came discovered they had a competitor. Tried to learn the competitor's patch management and device management. It was a headache and time consuming. Got the boss to purchase PDQ and right of the bat, everyone could use it quickly and efficiently without reading a 100 page pdf on how to use it. So intuitive and easy to use. I use it daily to manage my computers and make sure everything is up to date. Boss has come to me a couple times asking for a list of XYZ, and expecting that it is a project for the rest of the day, I'm able to get that to him within the hour, sometimes in ten minutes.

the dynamic collections you can make has been life changing. Able to create one on the fly and it continue to update and tell me if new computers have something unwanted on it, or computers that are missing important programs. I use it daily to check things. I also use it to quickly remote into computers. I have computers on the road and I have to jump in there sometimes remotely and need to be able to look at software lists quickly and a couple clicks my remote software is already connected. Or I can use pdq deploy to shoot out a program update or install something new. PDQ Deploy has all the right switches and knows exactly what to do with files to silently deploy practically anything. Testing is simple and easy and usually I have it tested and deployed within an hour. Saves me time everyday to quickly do what I need to do and have time to work on other projects. Support is also a godsend. Quick, easy, and friendly to the max!

Not much that I do not like. The new icons are weird and there are some bugs in pdq deploy that get updates stuck and they just sit in the list forever. Usually when I have a con come up in my mind, I find out that the feature request I thought of, is already in the system some where.

Gabe
Director of IT in USA
Investmentbanking, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great Product but....

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall I love the functionality. I wouldn’t change a whole lot other than having access to systems outside of our network

We love being able to set custom scans for things like registry values. I can quickly pull reports or scan systems for up-to-date information when I need it.

We really need to scan systems that are outside of our network. We deploy about 80% of systems as laptops. During the last year most have been off the network or on a VPN connection for a varied amount of time. Without a client, PDQ has really struggled to meet our needs. I have expressed our struggles to your support team but I did not receive any reassurance that a client is in the works. We will continue to look for a replacement to PDQ until there is a client. I’m hopeful to find something suitable soon if PDQ can not meet the challenges of many machines outside of the network.

Dan
Applications support and administration in Kanada
Einzelhandel, 5’001–10’000 Mitarbeiter

Best all around remote management and monitoring tool in the industry, no contest

5.0 vor 4 Monaten

Kommentare: Mindblowing, if all software was this good there would not be any conflict in the world.

-> Intuituve -> Extensive and detailed documentation -> Good technical support -> Low maintenance, great performance -> Fantastic UI -> Phenomenal integration with external scripting languages like powershell and batch.

-> Hard to think of anything, this thing WORKS. Reminds me of Windows 7 when it came out, kicked ass out of the box (and kicks ass even today). We're on a 4 year old version of PDQ and even with all the missing updates, it still works very well.

Maksims
Helpdesk in Lettland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

PDQ deployment and Inventory

4.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: Can't tell something bad about it, easy to use, affordable price, nice support.

Most of all, we use PDQ deployment, easy way to deploy software and patches. PDQ deployment is good for script automation, easy to set up any scheduled task to meet your requirements.

Devices outside the local network are not manageable.

Frank
Admin in Deutschland
Software für die Automobilindustrie, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Easy to use

5.0 letzten Monat Neu

Without agent installation on the Clients.

So far nothing negative has been noticed.

Steven
System Administrator II in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

PDQ is awesome!

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Everything about PDQ is amazing. Easy to use, its flexibility and continuing improvements. Really no bad things to say about it aside from keep it up and making improvements.

PDQ is an easy to use tool to scan machines for information on each machine as well as deploying apps. We use it with our deployments to segregate different builds for machines. The ability to deploy powershell scripts, install .exe files and copy files is amazing and very easy.We also calls PDQs API to deploy different things making it a central hub for app deployment. The future will be making a service that users can just call PDQ to deploy an app to them.PDQ connect has a lot of promise, which will allow us to deploy apps that are not connected to our network. Giving us more control beyondAnother plan soon will be to use PDQ for software license counts.PDQ was also easy to setup and migrate to a new server when we wanted to increase the specs of the machine it was on.

They are working towards it now, but the ability to deploy to machines beyond our network is amazing. Giving us information too and status updates on those machines so we can monitor them.Not a con but I do hope they continue adding to their PDQ inventory and API. A future request/project for us is to beable to use PDQ to keep an accurate license count of software. We have some long ideas but would love to use PDQ to keep tabs on everything for us rather than relying on basic data entry.

Tony
IT Analyst in USA
Regierungsbeziehungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

PDQ Inventory and Deploy ROCKS!

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: I've been using PDQ for about 5-6 years. For us, it's a life saver because until recently I have been the only IT on site. I just hired a admin and he's loving this software as well. Their support is top notch!! When I am stuck, I get a quick answer.

I highly like all the details collected for each servers and workstations and the ability to created dynamic collections that can integrate with Deploy.

Not that much. The only thing I can think of, ......ugh. Can't think of a thing right now :)

Robert
IT Manager in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

PDQ Deploy is wonderful for Windows networks

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Overall, I absolutely loved PDQ products when paired in a mostly Windows environment. My needs were simple, and PDQ worked wonderfully. You can test out both PDQ Deploy and Inventory before you buy, and I highly suggest you do so. It is one of the fastest, most lightweight products I've ever used, and I'd recommend it in almost all scenarios where Windows is your main OS.

PDQ Deploy and Inventory are one of the absolute best if you have only Windows based end machines in your network. It is really, really fast, and well laid out. I doubt you'll have to read the manual in most cases. The resource usage of PDQ products is extremely light and not demanding.

It's really made for mostly Windows based networks, and works best when all machines are on-prem, or connected via VPN in my experience. If you need really complex IF / THEN type deployment or patching on other OSes, you may wish to look at BigFix.

Raymond
IT Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for free features, can't afford pay features.

4.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: IT has been great for years, I love that I can just click a computer and remote desktop by hitting keys, I love that it scans and tells me it needs rebooting, although that is getting to be to much now, it has always been great in the past. I can also run commands turning on/off services, that allow other software to work on them as well, but I don't need left on all the time.

It allows me to do many things from 1 central place that I could do for free with other scripts and tools, but PDQ has made put it all into one nice package.

Wake on lan tool used to work better over vLans now I have to use another tool for that. It is also saying computers need to be rebooting almost everyday even when computers don't seem to say themselves. This is the key feature I use PDQ Inventory for, scan and see if they are all up to date and need restart for updates.

Joseph
Lead Infrastructure Analyst in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

For Easy Deployment and Version management use PDQ

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: Deploy has been fantastic to use, removing old VNC clients post-pandemic and adding a free to use version was already built in for RealVNC and TightVNC (Free)

Being able to see the individual steps of the install and where they fail is critical in order to deploy our apps to new and old hosts. Using deploy we can edit each individual step in order to make deploys run smoothly.There's usually prebuilt installation packages for installations which for most of our 'basic' apps we like to use and it saves time for us to create and manage these items.

Using it without PDQ Inventory is slightly more involved. I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to merge the two apps together somewhere down the road as they're both powerhouses in management.

Sean
Systems Administrator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Why PDQ Deploy is a MUST HAVE!!!!

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Kommentare: We had a great experience with PDQ starting with the onboarding experience. There was plenty of help with setting us up with Inventory and Deploy.

I like the packages that are already built, I also like how easy it is to build a package into the program for deployment.

I really did not have any cons with this software, maybe a few more integrations.

Morton
ParaPro Operational in Australien
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: Love it. Makes my job easier to find a computer with particular features, say all machines with this particular software updates or all machines that have 8 gigs. It is a very powerful database program that does inventory.

easy to use for hardware / software inventory reports, for computer location, creating groups of computers so softwares can be targeted to that group, and no where else, waking up computers, dynamic collections - keeps up with current records of computers (hardware and software)

at the moment I can't think of any. It has all the features I need, to be honest. Perhaps the PDQ team can provide script packages, instead of searching for them online and adding or modifying them in the pdq inventory extra features that have been introduced. PDQ already done script package just like pdq deploy package.

Marc
Sr. IT Systems Engineer in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Want to look like a Admin Superstar? PDQ is the only way.

5.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: A big piece from the management side is being able to quickly true-up or massive Microsoft E5 licensing and pricing. The hardest port of using PDQ is teaching HD staff all of the powerful things that can be accomplished with the combination of Inventory and Deploy.

Ease of use, integration with other tools, price, functionality, the overall stability of both Inventory and Deploy and the integration of the two products.

They ONLY thing that I have found no way to do that would make things perfect, is to be able to pass a computer name or IP address variable to a custom PowerShell script or custom scanner.

Andrew
IT manager in UK
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great for software deployment

5.0 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: When SCCM failed, and the admin was unable to resolve issues. Local IT (global company) used PDQ for software deployment as the SCCM admin never got it working for a long time. PDQ simplify software deployment and updates, helped manage devices and setup new machines in no time at all. The main admin of PDQ became the SCCM admin after using this product as a learning curve and step to SCCM. Now SCCM is working with new admin, pdq is not required as much but still a tool I rely on regularly.

Simple to useFree edition is greatLicences are not expensive Can share xml files for software deployment between users on free versionGreat for deploying scripts

Cannot manage OS updatesOnly works on internal network/VPN - not cloud basedPdq inventory is a separate program, not integrated

Brett
Technology Director in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1’001–5’000 Mitarbeiter

Simple, functional, reliable

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: PDQ Deploy is an excellent value. I've used it at previous jobs and have introduced it in every new job. The amount of time saved is staggering.

The reliability and ease of use of PDQ is great. I also love the ability to customize and create packages. If you can script it, you can deploy it.

I still like the idea of PDQ Link, or similar software. During the pandemic, a lot of our machines were never on our local network, so PDQ Deploy and Inventory had limited use for us. We had no way to deploy software to users unless their machine was back on our network. Even when users are using a VPN to connect to our network remotely, deployments still don't work (probably something on our end). I am currently looking at other options like FileWave to do off network support and inventory.

Jeremy
Lead Systems Engineeer in USA
Einzelhandel, 501–1’000 Mitarbeiter

PDQ deploy has helped fill in the gaps with application deployment and management

5.0 vor 2 Jahren

Highly customizable to fit our business needs. When paired with PDQ Inventory, we're able to target specific groups of endpoints based on certain attributes.

PDQ Deploy and Inventory could be more tightly integrated.

Alex
System and Network Administrator in Australien
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great, cost effective way to manage software, patch and vulnerability deployments

4.0 letztes Jahr

Being able to have PDQ automatically scan and monitor our devices allows patches, new software and vulnerability fixes to be deployed in a set and forget method.

We've had some technical issues that have been hard to get support with as there is no support provided in our time zone, allowing only one question/response a day.

Kalyan
Desktop Engineer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 10’000+ Mitarbeiter

Modern Tool for Deployment

5.0 letztes Jahr

easy to use and no prior experience needed and no need of agent

not all features that sccm offers available in this deployment tool ..no full reporting available

Scott
ISO in USA
Bankwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

THE Best application for the money in the IT space!

5.0 vor 3 Jahren

Kommentare: We have been using PDQ for the past 10 years and it keeps getting better and better. The installs are fast and responsive. Their video training is excellent as well as the videos are straight and to the point with great screen captures and explanations. We will never be without PDQ!

This application allows us to push out "one off" applications and gives us the ability to know right away if the application install was successful. They have a ton of templates built for commonly used applications and constantly updating their pushes and templates. Their support is second to none! They are super responsive and always willing to go above and beyond in helping our team with application pushes that are out of the ordinary. If an application fails to install successfully from a push, you can also email support right from the error message without having to do copy and paste. More support teams should follow their lead. I can't say enough good things about them.

Honestly, I don't have any cons about this software.