Quickbooks has made my practice

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Jennifer W.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall this software has changed the face of my practice and how it operates. I was previously using Solar Desktop software but Quickbooks software has enabled me to be able to take on more clients, provide them with access to their accounts online, be able to confidently provide my clients with accurate training and support and it has also saved me a lot of time with some tasks such as bank reconciliations, entering transactions using bank feeds etc.

Vorteile: Initially, I really loved the fact that you could receive very in-depth free training from home and in a classroom environment. Also, the fact that Accountants receive a licence for free for their own practice. I like the entire 'look' of the software, it doesn't feel overly complicated and is very user friendly. The help files and online helpdesk are extremely useful. I like that I can restrict the permissions that my clients have in order to avoid any unwanted mistakes being made but do feel that the permissions need to be more tailorable. I really like having the ability to set up recurring invoices which minimises the amount of time I have to spend on monthly repeating invoices.

Nachteile: I feel the permissions that you can set for individual clients is not restrictive enough - I would like to be able to enable clients to create their own sales invoices and purchase invoices but maybe restrict them from being able to delete them as this has caused many issues with some of my clients. Also, the system can be a bit 'glitchy' on occasion and the figures it sometimes produces on the trial balance report is not always accurate - usually the Sales figure is inaccurate for previous financial years which can be most frustrating. I also don't like that fact that, as a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, you cannot purchase any discounted bundles of licences. I also don't like the way you have to allocate a purchase credit note to the original purchase order - it is far too confusing and causes many errors by my clients.

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Bewertet am 15.6.2018
Controller
Öffentliche Ordnung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Nachteile: As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform.
-Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy.
-Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart.
-Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel.
-Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

Service your clients w/o the headache!

Bewertet am 3.6.2019
Miguel F.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Wonderful experience. Allows me to do my routine bookkeeping or clean-up jobs in a timely and more efficient way with the inclusion of the Accountants Toolbox. Though the move to the cloud is all the rage, some businesses and industries still like the power of QBDT. So QB Accountant allows me to still bring them my high level of accounting expertise.

Vorteile: The ability to be able to serve your clients without the headache of worrying what package or QB year they are currently working with. Without QBA package, in order for you to open a company file you and your client had to be working in the same QBDT year. For example, QB 2015 file had to be opened by QB 2015. QB Accountant solves that problem. Also, QB Accountant provide accounting professionals with an Accountants Toolbox that isn't available for your typical users. This unlocks and allows accountants and bookkeeper to perform duties, tasks, and shortcuts to a clients books in a cleaner or efficient manner.

Nachteile: The only aspect I don't care for is not having the option for Quickbooks Accountants for Mac. Inuit doesn't offer a package for accounting professionals that are Mac users. Though not currently a Mac user, I am in the market for a new laptop with a Apple possibility being in the picture. So when I reached out to Inuit, they informed me that QBDTA is not compatible with Mac machines.

So EASY to manage multiple companies

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Eve G.
VP
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used this software for years and am very pleased with its functionality. I have used it for companies tracking Inventory and companies that require Income by Client Summary which was one of my favorites! We currently manage about 15 companies quite successfully.

Vorteile: * So easy to maneuver from one company to another
* Straight forward and easy to train bookkeepers on its use
* The help functions are great because it contains solutions so many different scenarios and questions from similar users
* QuickBooks Onlin Account is accessible from anywhere so staff can work remotely when necessary

Nachteile: * Program hangs up from time to time so it requires logging out and back in.
* From time to time a function seems confusing, however if the online help doesn't provide a solution that works for us, we can use the Contact Us function for assistance.

Great Software for Small and Medium Size Business

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Katrina G.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Love it! Been using this product for close to 20 years.

Vorteile: Very easy to use! Many accountants and bookkeepers will be able to properly report income and expenses for just about any business.

Nachteile: Takes time to build your business and chart of accounts. QuickBooks provides a quick chart of accounts based on your business selected. I tend to be a bit more detailed with my chart of accounts. But once you have it set up, very easy to use and pull the reports that matter to you.

Affordable, full service payroll

Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Paul A.
Small Business Consultant
Finanzdienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As an Intuit ProAdvisor, full service payroll is an added value to the reselling of a discounted QuickBooks Online account. As an additional service to my retainer clients, I can process their payroll on any interval they choose, and I can handle any type of compensation arrangement they have with their employees. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes and I can do it all effortlessly through the mobile app. And since the ability to pay independent contractors via direct deposit was introduced, my Bookkeeping clients love the fact that they no longer have to worry about writing out checks to their contractors. Filing Forms W-2 (for employees) and Forms 1099-MISC (for independent contractors) is a breeze at the end of the year and paying all their quarterly payroll taxes takes only a few minutes every three months.

Vorteile: Cost is much less expensive than any payroll services company. Direct deposit payments, employee portals, Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC filing, quarterly tax filing, electronic tax payments, direct deposit payments for independent contractors, powerful and customizable financial reporting, easy collection of Form W-9 information, reliable mobile app for process payroll from anywhere, support for multiple pay rates, benefits and withholding support, and more.

Nachteile: QuickBooks Payroll is available for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online accounts. With QuickBooks Online, you are dependent on the availability of an Internet connection at the time you wish to process payroll.

effortless book keeping

Bewertet am 30.8.2018
Xena B.
director
Unterhaltungselektronik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: experience with payroll is really cool, the software actually calculate the holdings and make life easy for me, definitely a robo accountant that i don't have to pay a salary to.
Over all experience : just love it and wish i had it from the beginning of my business. For new users, make use of support. Don't hesitate to call , ask questions , ask again if you have to they will walk you through it. Like i say be dumb and learn it . take the time to do so because the end result is amazing . knowing your finances is straight can save your life. aka....sleep well .

Vorteile: it keep track of your income and expenses by simply attaching your bank account.
almost does your tax return. lol
save a lot of time doing your data entry thus cost effective, no need for a special person to enter all your receipts etc
keep correct info on all money related transaction and balance your check book , can keep your spending and saving on check. I can make adjustments by just looking at my balance sheet. almost cool for idiots to use. :)
perfect

Nachteile: if i made a mistake and had to go hunting for the problem, but i can just call up support and let them know ( how stupid i was ) and they just fix it. so not really a con.
for invoicing however , can take a little polishing up especially if i am doing an estimate and need to send it out, i must be extra cautious.

Quickbooks Accountants Edition

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Bryan W.
Senior Manager, IT & Operations
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using Quickbooks for over 20 years. Both the Desktop and Online versions are mission critical, and more often then not, Quickbooks will deliver.

Vorteile: It is essential software. As accountants, we need to use the software that our clients use, and as far as market share goes, Quickbooks has a large chunk! The accountants edition allows us to work with our client's files no matter the version, providing our clients with excellent service.

Nachteile: The update process is arduous. Large updates take a long time to conduct and often result in a restart. On a Terminal server environment, this is certainly not ideal, as we have to kick people out in order to conduct the update.

Horrible Direct Deposit

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Wissam E.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: try it and you will find out.

Vorteile: It is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks

Nachteile: Good luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds". I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.

Invaluable for QBO ProAdvisors

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Jeff H.

Kommentare: I have all my clients in one place and can easily switch from one to another with just a few clicks.

Vorteile: The team behind QBOA is constantly listening and improving the product. It makes my life so much easier to have all my clients int he same place. I can schedule my own work with reminders and to-do list for both me and my clients. The added feature of having my clients files at a click of a button in priceless. I also appreciate the ability to add non-QBO clients now.

Nachteile: Sometimes the interface and/or the links don't work for the training and ProAdvisor page. These don't have anything to do with the client files just resources for me but it can be annoying at times. I also have my doubts the info regarding the profile views and leads from prospective clients is accurate.

Useful for starting out, not a long-term solution

Bewertet am 30.8.2018
Whitey R.
General Manager | Accounting
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have two companies, one is 4 years old, there other is 1.5, it was the perfect option for starting out on our iMac computers. I do feel that we've outgrown at this point, but you cannot beat the price for start-up accounting needs.

Vorteile: Very easy to use! It tracks everything we needed for our two companies (transportation / warehouse logistics and commercial equipment repair). Seamless for reconciling credit cards and bank accounts, easy general journal entries (year end, interest adjustments, etc), progress invoicing and job costing.

Nachteile: After a couple years of use and many transactions, the file becomes unreliable. Customer support said we need to start a new company file each year to avoid broken data (spent many hours on the phone with support multiple times)

I should have switched sooner!

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
Yvette E.
Single member LLC
Restaurants, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. It was a no brainer to convert from desktop and integrate full payroll with the online quickbooks. Now I can so everything within one program and have assess to my banking transactions! First thing I must say is if you are moving from desktop/intuit full payroll like me, then be ready to back off and let the teams do their jobs. Then dig in and learn the minor changes that are on the software. The customer service has been the best and very helpful!

Vorteile: I like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop quickbooks the integration of both together has made my life easier!

Nachteile: The process was more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. I expected my intuit full payroll service to quickly convert to the QBO full payroll. Clearly there are things I cannot see and did not know that took longer. Over all the transition has been very positive. This isn't really a "con" but I would advise future customers to make sure their desktop is completely up todate before they export, then set the desktop version aside and run with the online version. It will simplify your bookkeeping by hours!!!

QuickBooks is Awesome

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Kathy R.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It is user friendly. Makes accounting more efficient. Reports provide all necessary information.

Nachteile: There isn't anything that I don't like about this software.

Great potential!

Bewertet am 22.4.2019
Lori J.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: When it's all working, it's great!

Vorteile: I use the Enhanced Payroll and it works really good. Keeps track of your payroll liabilities, and allows you to pay them online through Quick Books, which is great when it works.

Nachteile: We switched bank accounts, and it was a nightmare trying to switch all of the payroll direct deposit stuff over. In addition, someone in the office picked up the wrong state for withholding and unemployment and we still have't been able to get rid of it. Just like with Quick Books, if you have a problem and call customer service, plan on several hours with them. They are not quick and often transfer you around before you can finally find someone who can help.

Great software to have as a tool!

Bewertet am 30.3.2018
Alexandra R.
Administrative assistant
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: After having a bad experience with Account Edge, we decided to turn to Quickbooks for a refreshing, good system that we could rely on. After using it for sometime, it's been probably the best accounting/payroll/invoicing/estimating program we've had so far. Everything is very simple, user-friendly and not too technical.

Nachteile: One issue we've had with the program has been, trying to give access to new users is a very hard task to come across. As simple as it sounds, we still haven't managed to get a new user linked to our account to do more work. I've been sharing my ADMIN account which is not advised because not everybody should have the same access.

QB 2019 Premier - Accountant

Bewertet am 27.8.2019
Wendi D.
Controller
Gastgewerbe, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It is easy to save time using QB Accountant because it is easy to use and has so many features.

Vorteile: I love that you can open two company files at the same time, it makes balance sheet comparisons much easier to do with out wasting paper. QB Accountant also makes it easy to fix customer payments, apply vendor payments and review and reclassify many transactions at once using Accountant, Client Data Review.

Nachteile: I really don't have anything negative to say about QB Accountant, there is just so much you can do!

Quickbooks makes life easier

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Shawn R.
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We can do all our invoicing and payroll in the same place. I don't have to have a million different programs going at once which makes things much quicker and more smooth.

Vorteile: I like that quickbooks offers an app so we can access our account even when we are working on the road. It is a very user friendly program

Nachteile: I have found that the help feature is not always helpful, but once I get connect to a person they always answer all of my questions.

Integrates with the field management software I use

Bewertet am 16.3.2019
Tyler H.
General Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It's great. It has a very clean interface. It also integrates with my field management software, which allows me to invoice from the other software & track everything in QB. The mac application is very user friendly.

Nachteile: I like to view my top customers each quarter. When doing this, I have to clean up the reports from QB myself. The downloaded files use formulas to generate values for customers with subcustomers. This creates a problem when you want to sort the list in order of highest to lowest amounts. So, I have to manually type in the totals on each master customer account before sorting.

Great for keeping your books in line!

Bewertet am 21.12.2017
Jonathan T.
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I love the connectivity that QB has with other 3rd party applications that I use. I love the ability to see my clients and their balances with ease. I love the reports that you can build with QB. I also love that you can have separate users with separate access to the application.

Nachteile: Sometimes installation is a bit of a challenge. Setting up some of the features can be a hassle that requires contacting support and having them control my machine to fix the errors. I don't like that there is a new version every year because I get comfortable with the version that I have then something changes.

QuickBooks has stepped up their game!

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Cece S.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: This software is VERY easy to use and navigate. The data input screens are very clear, concise and flexible. I think the flexibility of this software is my favorite thing about it. I also love that I can toggle and use other industry specific versions of QuickBooks. This is an AWESOME feature.

Nachteile: I guess the only thing I am not loving is the need for a complex password for every client. This is quite cumbersome and a relatively new requirement that I am less than pleased with. As an accountant, I will use QB for several clients every day. To enter a password every time is a pain.

One of the best

Bewertet am 9.8.2017
Philip caplan - the C.
Principal
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: We've been using QB desktop for years and loved, in particular, the reporting functionality.
The Cloud version carries on the successes of the desktop version. But, while there are similarities, it is another program and will take a little time to fully master.

Vorteile: Reporting functionality
Bank feeds, a specific model for QB.
Full specced and lots of apps.

Nachteile: Not always quite clear where various functions are located.

Fantastic Product

Bewertet am 30.4.2018
Daniel S.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: What isn't to like? No matter if someone is a seasoned accountant, or a person new to accounting just starting their business, Quickbooks is very intuitive. Yes there are competitors, even free ones, but they do not compare to the functionality offered in this program. Best program and most intuitive accounting program I've ever used, hands down.

Nachteile: The only thing that I'm not fond of is the high cost of the online version as each separate company requires a different subscription which can get expensive. With that said, however, it is a fantastic program.

Version 2019

Bewertet am 31.1.2019
Nivaldo I.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Version for 2019 has problems at the time to print Bank reconciliations. Even that I was calling the Customer Services, and they try to fix the problems, for more than 2 hours, they can't. But doesn't means that they were not diligent, they put all efforts, but I need to look for external person to fix it.
I will recommend for a new version to wait until all bugs be fixed. I bought in December 2018, probably this is the cause that I found those problems. On the other hand 2019 version is a little slow when you are using firewall, but you can work.

Vorteile: As usual Quickbooks met all the expectations

Nachteile: Withe 2019 version I had some problems at the time to print the bank reconciliations

Quickbooks Used to be a Necessary Evil.

Bewertet am 17.1.2018
Grant S.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Quickbooks is a robust system that can support a lot of different types of business. I used the desktop version for many years, and for the past 3 years have used the subscription service. The SaaS version is a big upgrade, but it still has a lot of issues. I do really like the ability to link to my bank account and automatically sort transactions. This has saved me a lot of time.

Nachteile: The main issues with Quickbooks seem to stem for a lack of leadership around product decisions. They support many different types of the software, and this makes it next to impossible to integrate with Quickbooks. Legacy issues have plagued the ability to integrate software with Quickbooks and this has had a real impact on users. The most common issue is duplicate imports of banking transactions. I have wasted a lot of time trying to identify duplicates created by the system instead of true purchases.

Quickbooks Payroll

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Account Manager/Business Development
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quickbooks is the most used software for accountants but I think there are quite a few flaws with it. The basics are user-friendly but not much more than that.

Vorteile: The best thing about this software is that everything is done for you, essentially. I basically just have to run the payroll and the rest is done for me. I do not have to worry about filing quarterly or annual reports because Quickbooks does it for me.

Nachteile: There a couple of issues that I have with this software. 1) If I have an employee who has a mailing address out of state, I cannot change the state code in the software. 2)There are only a couple of options on how allowances are paid out and how vacation is accrued. It would be better if they had more options to customize it. For allowances, I have to make sure that I only have it on one paycheck instead of splitting it up between paychecks because it does not add up correctly by the end of the month.