Microsoft Excel Erfahrungen

4.8 (17’331) Eine Bewertung schreiben

Über Microsoft Excel

Führende Tabellenkalkulations- und Datenanalyse-Software. In der Regel mit Microsoft Office gebündelt.

Erfahre mehr über Microsoft Excel

It's versatile functionality and data handling is best in class. It's online help and a huge user community makes it easy to learn and collaborate.

1 year later, I found out I had to pay year after year. I was very disappointed that I had been deceived.

Bewertungen zu Microsoft Excel

4.3
4.3
4.7
4.6

9.1/10

Microsoft Excel hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4.8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 17’331 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Haben Sie Microsoft Excel bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (17’331)

Programmierer in Deutschland
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Bestes Kalkulatiosprogramm

5.0 vor 11 Monaten

Dass, alles sehr benutzerfreundlich und übersichtlich gehalten ist, gefällt mir sehr gut.

Ich bin nach wie vor sehr zufrieden mit dem Programm.

Fernando Manoel
Fernando Manoel
CEO in Brasilien
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Best spreadsheet ever

5.0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: I work with several DBMS for data modeling, however, when it is direct information from specific systems, I treat all my data with Excel. I create powerful applications using only Excel, its native functions and VBA programming. I am very satisfied with this program.

Excel is by far the best datasheet ever created. It has numerous functions for processing and calculating data in addition to being very powerful with massive data work. The functionality for exporting and importing information is also great and has many features.

I have nothing to complain about Excel when it comes to working, processing and generating information through data.

Amanda
Bookkeeper in Kanada
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excel just makes life better

5.0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Having multiple reports to create and a large amount of data to sort out I would not want to have to do this without excel, that's for sure. Pivot tables for instance, dramatically cut downtime spent trying to figure out what it is I need at that time. It's done almost instantly, it really is great.

When I started using excel several years ago I had never seen it or anything like it before. Now I could not imagine life without it. I use it in my spare time just for fun. The features are incredible. I learn something new everyday and it's exciting, especially for someone in my profession where many tasks are time sensitive. Everything about it makes your life easier. My excitement has even rubbed off on to my co-worker who is learning new things everyday and before that never gave it a second thought. If I could have a computer for just one reason it would absolutely be for Excel!

Tough question. Maybe if I had to say something, it would be the error messages. But then again you can always turn them off!

Creative Director in Südafrika
Design, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A relic, which we can't get rid of just yet

2.0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I would use every possibility to use other services that are more modern. I do try to lean people away from using it wherever possible.

People generally know how to use a basic excel sheet, going beyond that is another matter. For working out complex budgets though this is probably still your best bet.

Getting beyond anything more than just the basics can have an incredible learning curve which makes it unacessible to most. I've come across seasoned professionals that have no idea how it works, while those who can master an excel often leap ahead of other team members.

Hammad Anis
Assistant Professor in Pakistan
Tiefbau, 5’001-10’000 Mitarbeiter

Microsoft excel software that makes data calculation and viewing simple

5.0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I adore Excel's user interface, computation features, and data visualization possibilities. I track the progress of the projects using this spreadsheet application, find any gaps, and take the necessary action. Along with computing the dues, I also need to keep track of the overall amount of work completed and payments thus far. Moreover, this software is incredibly simple to use and has amazing power. There are numerous tutorials available to me if I get stuck somewhere. Things are now more interactive thanks to Office 365 because you may export your analysis to PowerPoint or MSWord. Additionally, I can visualize data using maps and icons with the aid of programs like PowerUser. The great additional features included by Power User also assist me in managing the test results of my training participants, such as Vlookup Max. Excel's graph management is also much superior to Google Sheets'. Transferring such graphs in PowerPoint is more practical because, for some reason, Google Slides blurs the graphs a little.

The best and most convenient way to organize data is in table format. I like how simple this software is to use to enter the numbers I've collected over the course of the year, and how it serves as a handy reference to keep my numbers organized. Moreover, I enjoy utilizing the pre-built formulas and adding them to the database. Important fields can be color-coded, which is a useful feature.

It's inevitable that small human errors will be made when a spreadsheet has a lot of data. It can be very challenging to spot those errors later. Moreover, When utilizing the software, some error messages can be challenging to understand, and sometimes the functions require complicated variables to be entered.

Julio
coordinador del SGC in Mexiko
Verpackung und Container, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excel mas que una herramienta

5.0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Es una herramienta que me ayuda con mis actividades diarias respaldando todo mi trabajo dentro de la organizacion

El software me ha ayudado a lo largo fde mi vida profesional con sus hojas de calculo sus tablas dinamicas sus graficos y todas las heramientas que le han dado un impulos a la organizacion a seguir utilizando este software

Alginos efectos visuales que ayuden a mejorar la presentacion de graficos

Javier
Facility Manager in Spanien
Bekleidung & Mode, 5’001-10’000 Mitarbeiter

Herramienta básica para gestión de datos y cálculo

5.0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Es esencial para el trabajo en nuestra compañía.

Las múltiples y variadas funciones que dispone para realizar cálculos, bases de datos, tratamiento de información, ejecución de gráficos, etc., es una herramienta fundamental en cualquier trabajo que requiera cálculos.

Requiere formación para sacar el máximo rendimiento al software, pero aún así hay muchas funciones básicas que se aprenden de forma intuitiva.

Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Functional Spreadsheets

5.0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I like all of the different tools and options that I can utilize in this software. I am able to organize and customize my spreadsheets without limits.

I’m not a huge fan of using the software on mobile devices such as my iPad or phone. Hard to find all the functions I need but that may just be user error. I love using excel on my computer.

Ajumon
Ajumon
Embedded Engineer in Irland
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

First choice for spreadsheet

5.0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Kommentare: For beginners, excel is little bit tough to understand. we need some days to learn excel. after that, we can work in excel like a pro.

Excel is one and only software for manage dataset easily. compared to open office sheet or google sheet, excel is filled with numerous features. we can create dataset very easily, we can import datas from data servers directly, and we can also create automation by using macro technique.

The macro feature is little bit tough in excel. if we start macro recording, we can not pause of we can not undo one step in macro. so, we need to take more care when we recording macro.

Madeline
Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Excel vs Sheets You Choose

5.0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Wasn’t good for the long haul

Easy to work with could insert and everything was easily accessible

Could not transfer files now they’re in read only and I can’t merge the to sheets to continue

Tom
Tech Solutions Lead in UK

Good use for data formatting and display

5.0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easy to format data into different types to upload into different software, also easy to bulk update or split cells in a sheet

Some of the data visualisation tools are a little harder to master to get the right output, but lessons helped me understand It better!

Mowshori
Researcher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

With Microsoft Excel, I can look at a lot of data at once.

5.0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: Microsoft has made Excel apps that can be put on smartphones so that the user can view, edit, and share Excel files.

It lets me work on the web version of MS Excel with my peers or coworkers. This means that I and my peers can access the Excel file from anywhere and change it at the same time. Excel is a great tool for analyzing data because not only can I store our data and do calculations with it, but it also comes with a number of other tools. Powerful tools for filtering, sorting, and searching help me narrow down the factors I need to think about when making decisions. So, I can play with a huge amount of data in an efficient way.

If the file is too big, it can slow down the Excel program because the interpreter/compiler has to go through each row and/or column. The easiest way to make sure Excel is time-efficient is to break up the file into smaller files. For a one-time analysis, Microsoft Excel is a great tool. The information doesn't go into the spreadsheet. The user has to type in every single bit by hand.

Dennis
Freelancer in Kenia
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Microsoft Excel is the best for data entry

5.0 vor 2 Monaten

Kommentare: I've been working with it day to day in my last occupation as a statistical surveying examiner. I had my lord calculation sheet, with more than 30 sheets inside, all that efficient, and fundamentally at the start of every day, I opened the calculation sheet and didn't close it until I leave work. I utilized for the most part fundamental numerical and measurable usefulness, and I now and again made charts for week-by-week group gatherings. Feeling sure with the product, I have no question it will help me a ton in my new position too.
It's been some time since I worked with MS Excel routinely. Sufficiently sure, I utilized it frequently at school, for fundamental estimations and to make represented diagrams for school introductions. I think it is extraordinary programming, truly natural, and simple to utilize, on the grounds that it has comparative UI as different projects from Microsoft, for example, MS Word, which I am utilizing all the more often. To summarize it, I might require a little while to clean my abilities with MS Excel, to review either usefulness. Yet, I won't battle working with it in the gig, that is without a doubt.
All things considered, I've been working generally with Open Office, which is a free option in contrast to MS Office. I couldn't say whether you have some involvement in Calc from Open Office, however the UI and usefulness are practically indistinguishable from MS Excel. That is the reason I am genuinely sure to deal with exactly the same thin

1. Easy to use and user-friendly. 2. Performs Calculations 3. Good for data visualization 4. Presence of developer tab for development purposes using VBA.

1. It is unsuitable for agile business practices. 2. It is hard to make clear decisions while using it.

Raj
Raj
DGM Marketing in Indien
Metallabbau, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter

You’ve got the most powerful spreadsheet software!

5.0 vor 2 Monaten

Kommentare: Excel offers a lot of spreadsheet fun for both novice and professionals, but it has provided us with more than we can chew. You must train yourself heavily to use every feature it provides.

1. Microsoft Excel has been a flagship software of the company for ages. It has been growing every year and has always been coming up with newer and newer features. There is a common saying that you can never learn everything in excel because it comes with another significant update when you get to know everything. 2. Besides basic spreadsheet features, Excel boasts a host of valuable tools. For instance, the Formulas tool is too exhaustive and includes ready-made formulas for almost every function, including mathematical, statistical, logical, financial, date, time, and whatnot. 3. Data tools are a game changer for this beautiful piece of software. Twist and tweak your data to come up with many interpretations automatically. Subtotals, text to columns, filter, auto sum, queries, sorting, validation, and what-if analysis are some of the most important ways you can analyze your data. 4. The review tab lets you work with your team for proofing, lookup, translation, commenting, protecting, etc. 5. Insert tab is also quite powerful with functions like pivot tables, charts, 3D maps, slicer, timeline, etc. 6. You can change views to fit your need – like side-by-side scrolls, split, hide, auto arrange, page break preview, zoom, workbook views, etc. 7. The Macro feature is so extensive that it hides a complete programming tool like Visual basic to control Excel’s repetitive tasks, design your software to analyze data, query databases, or develop dashboards. 8. Help tool is a storeho

1. The Help tool almost always uses the internet to explain things. There should be some information that should always be available offline. Even for simple issues, you need internet connectivity. 2. Since you need to learn a lot to use Excel, it would be helpful to have simple-to-understand training material. Just like maths, some students still fear Excel because they lack proper training. 3. The latest Excel versions are highly dependent on the internet. Poor connectivity may spoil your real excel experience. Sometimes, you must wait for updates to finish to start using Excel. 4. There are some compatibility issues with the previous versions. You may face awkward situations if your file is saved in the latest version and you cannot edit it in prior versions. 5. The online User Support facility needs to be more responsive.

Shari
Shari
Management Consultant Lead in Jamaika
Verbraucherdienste, 5’001-10’000 Mitarbeiter

The Greatest Spreadsheet App

5.0 vor 3 Monaten

This software, although very technical, is so easy to use and work on for an unskilled person like myself. It seems so daunting to figure out how to create the perfect spreadsheet for your data, but the hints and templates that come with the program make it almost simple. Our managers incorporate it into almost every form of documentation we require and its so easy to access the files from our cloud drives to make changes. If its a document that should not be edited, it's a quick fix to turn off the editing options. Your files can be set to be shared with only a specific set of people, and certain sections of a sheet can also be set to be un-editable by those people. Personally, I use excel for things as simple as tracking my guinea pigs' weight, to things as complex as tracking and creating my future expected work shifts and expected income. For work it can be used for quality assurance scoring and progress tracking.

The only thing to dislike is how many shortcuts there are to complete simple tasks but there's no way to easily figure them out unless you spend dedicated time on videos and tutorials to learn them all. But I don't hold that against Excel, its that dedication which separates people like me from the people who are skilled in Excel.

Ajit Johnson
Instructor of Medicine in USA
Biotechnologie, 1’001-5’000 Mitarbeiter

Excel: The Best Way to Organize Your Data

5.0 vor 3 Monaten

Kommentare: I have had a positive experience with Microsoft Excel. It is a powerful tool that has helped me to be more efficient and organized in my work. I have used it to create spreadsheets, track data, and perform various calculations. It is user-friendly and has multiple features that make it a valuable tool for anyone who needs to work with a small amount of data.

I use Excel almost on a daily basis. I like many things about it, but some of my favorite features are the ability to quickly create charts and graphs and the ability to perform quick calculations. I also like the fact that Excel is very user-friendly and with advanced features that are easy to learn.

Sometimes the auto-formatting can be disadvantageous, for example in my case it auto-formats "Gene Names" into dates.

Eddie
CEO in USA
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Improved substantially over time, still challenging for collaboration

4.0 vor 5 Monaten

Kommentare: Overall positive in it's ability to run locally with the most robust features, but in an era where collaboration must happen in real time on the Cloud, it has been frustrating to collaborate. Most fully featured platform though.

Most robust spreadsheet platform that has the most comprehensive amount of formulas, graphics, pivot tables, and just technical features, runs locally so if you're on the airplane you can still run everything.

Weak on Cloud and collaboration. You have to log out of the platform for a teammate to make edits. Since team members don't get to work on the project at the same time huge efficiency is lost as some teammates just have to wait until it's their turn whereas Google Sheets you can operate everything at the same time.

Mohammed
Tech. Manager and Software Arch in Jordanien

The key source for producing spreadsheets and manipulating them mathematically and statistically.

5.0 vor 6 Monaten

Kommentare: Lots and lots of things that have helped us and continue to help us with MS Excel every day, as all the tables are prepared by it, and then they are exported to other programs, as the ease with which data is entered into MS Excel is not available in other applications. Add to that the amount of arithmetic, statistical and graphic operations that are accomplished through it every day.

MS Excel is one of the most important tools I deal with on a daily basis and I can never do without it. In fact, I cannot list all the things I love about MS Excel, as the numbers that are entered into the cells on the page, enable you to perform many, many arithmetic operations and create graphs of various kinds. I like the smoothness with which all of this is done, so that data is entered easily, tables are prepared and formatted, and the required calculations are performed, as well as preparing it all for printing or sharing. I like how it integrates with most applications and how it gives you multiple options to save that data so that you can export it to the application you need. I also like the formatting options for graphs so that you can form the desired graphic as you wish, I also like the copy and paste options with the rest of the Office programs, and also the multiple paste options, which can be an image, so that it is easy to insert and coordinate with the rest of the content on the Word page, for example. As for the calculations, it is almost inclusive of everything, from the simple to the complex. Add to this the many videos and educational materials that Microsoft provides to enable users to achieve a greater understanding of how to perform these operations correctly.

Nothing is mentioned at all, as everything related to numbers, arithmetic operations and their related matters is available in MS Excel, and you cannot find a tool that can compete with it or be able to achieve the same quality of services that you get with MS Excel.

Gábor
IT Consultant in Ungarn

A software in need is a software indeed

5.0 vor 8 Monaten

Kommentare: I live in and writing this review from Hungary, yet I am sure in other nations as well, MS Excel and Office tools are the leaders, but not the only sw. used to deal with a table file, in Hungary we do not even call them "documents", "table files", simply refer to them as "Excel" that is how big impact this program has made on our life. MS Excel is on the market around for nearly 40 years, one of the most widely-can-be-used sw. on the market and I think is the best. Happy to have it, personally I am utilizing Office kit from my elementary school days and will in the future. Yes, there are some rivals to MS Excel, yet it is still the uncrown king. You may give a try to its rivals, there are free and paid versions too, so as online version are available.

Tons of educational stuff, examples, tricks, cheat sheets, "homework" like tasks are available. You may get it for free, if you are a student, genuine activation keys for a nominal price can be found in the net, yet can be used with a Microsoft account for free (limitations, less feature are obviously there), with great functionality. MS Excel is widely-known I reckon in the planet and used by numerous governments, also in Hungary. In the governmental entities, employees, officers use Office software daily, so it is thought until and even after the uni. Companies, literally in every-single sector utilizing Excel (or Excel-like sw.) daily. The features MS Excel a bit too enormous for one single user, simply not all the functions, and capabilities can be known. Small companies like mine, has an Excel for everything, follow up on the expenses, make statistics, handle a table of contracts and important info in them, instead of a CRM, export reports data into, plan the sw. development activities there, embed file in Excels, put pictures in, track daily activities, even you may have excel with VB knowledge to create new files with macros, you can make more filtering, read-write data, manipulate other Excel documents and so on. Also an important feature, you can lock you sheets, your workbook with a password, so as you can protect your Excel Visual Basic codes. During your private life, Excel will be your help to do your tasks. 3rd party add-ons are available.

You have the possibility to share a workbook and simultaneously edit it with others, if the doc. saved to an on-line store, you can edit it on-line or on your on-premise, these function needs to be developed furthermore, sometimes not that smooth, incompatibly due to these versions, loss of functions, occur. Writing a program to use other docs. data can be not that smooth at first, its programming language VB could be better. You can crack the Excel workbook password protection if you check it on the web. Bugs can appear, like resetting a font to the "inherited" one, not showing the result but instead of the formula, not properly loading a different time and language zone created Excel according your settings, showing English formulas instead your own language. Excel also tends to bet slow or even crash when you supply it too much data (but like Power Query, Power Pivot and other, newly introduced "tools" aiming to make these better). Consuming RAM, hard drive could be better. On the IOS, Android apps world, Excel I am not sure the best, nor the leader (as MS got aware this "market" a bit later). When moving from away from your "initial" network or VPN to a different one, it tends to not be able to save your work or give you dialog boxes to re-save your work or overwrite the existing file. Conversion between other text file types, data inputs, reading, opening, editing inherited data, handling dates, are some points Excel can give you hard times.

Talha
M.Phill Scholar in Pakistan
Hochschulbildung, 501-1’000 Mitarbeiter

Microsoft Excel, the time tested Jack of all Trades spreadsheet.

5.0 vor 10 Monaten

Kommentare: MS Excel is the most popular and widely uses spreadsheet processor. I love it for its simple interface and the variety of fictions and features that it offers with extreme ease of use.

Microsoft Excel is a very flexible software and has thus offers something for every user. Whether you want to build simple overviews or tabulate massive data, carry out a simple calculation or perform complex calculations and basic analytics. Its ability to make a solution richer in terms of features is amazing along with its ever evolving graphics and inclusion of smart algorithms that minimize you work by being more predictive. Its collection of templates is also very useful in providing idea to choose a style for your data presentation. Also its ability to rotate, merge and export tabels and cells and coloring them adds to its ease of use. Apart from these, it easily integrates will all major presentation software.

Although it is a very good software, but it still has sme room for improvement like including collaboration tools for online group work. Also, it does not work as a database software, which is something, if added will further increase its productivity much more.

Thuffail
Thuffail
Engineer in Sri Lanka
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Data Analysis and Representation

4.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: I have been using Excel for more than 15 years. The functions and support Excel provides have been improved throughout the years.

This is a basic software for data analysis and representation. Excel can handle thousands of data sets at one time and it is the best software for creation of spread sheets for data storage. Excel is taught to children all over the world at a young age. This software is popular in most of the small to medium size businesses and organizations. The software can used to perform basic to midlevel computations on the quantitative data. This computations can also be represented as bar charts ,pie charts , line charts etc in the same spread sheet. Also another commonly created chart is pareto chart depicting 80: 20 rule in management. It provides support to write ones own formulas. It also provides built in formulas which have been developed and improved throughout the years. These built in formulas are easy to use and understand as they referred by the commonly used names of the relevant computations. Excel is compatible with other complex data analysis software. As a result Excel can be used as a data storage tool be used by advanced data analysis applications. The creation of pivot tables will help in viewing only a part of data at a time. Also columns and rows of a table can be easily switched using pivot tables. The functions such as Vlookup will help in retrieving specific type of data from a table. The data of spread sheets can be easily organized using sort and filter functions. It is not a complex software for data analyzing.

When sorting, filtering or analyzing large sets of data Excel may be inefficient. The interface provides limited customizable features. The basic features and functions can be learned quickly, however the learning of advanced functionalities is time consuming. It is hard to use and analyze data using a mobile and Excel is generally known as a desktop software. There is more scope for the improvement of Excel however more improvements will make the software more complex.

Debbie
Marketing Consultant in Israel
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Excel is Excellent for Non-Power Users, Too!

5.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: I don't need any of the advanced capabilities like Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Macros or VBA but I know that I can learn those if and when I need to. Overall, my experience with Excel has been extremely positive. It keeps me on-track, allows me to do some simple but effective number-crunching and even (with an add-on) allows me to design flowcharts within the program. I like that I can share what I'm doing with colleagues and clients. That's a huge advantage and time-saver. All in all, I highly recommend Excel - even for those of us who don't need all the power it potentially provides. It's great for us as well.

When I first started using Excel I was concerned that it would be too complicated for my needs. I needn't have worried. It turns out that Excel is easy to learn and use, even for non-power users. I often use it as a simple database for keeping track of courses I signed up for and need to complete, books I need to read, my ongoing expenses, budgeting and more. I have also started using Excel more in my business - for planning my content and keeping track of where it appears and what the results have been. Again, simple to set up but a major improvement as far as keeping me on track and productive in my business. It's really easy to set up and I can style each worksheet to meet my needs. It's also easy to get specific help when I get stuck because there are just so many sources of information online. I usually start off with a template, and that's another reason I like Excel so much. I don't need to start from scratch - someone has usually made a relevant template available for downloading which I can then adapt for my own purposes. It's so much quicker to work that way.

I do sometimes feel overwhelmed by all the options, and sometimes it's difficult for me to find the exact item in the menu that I need to access. However, I do eventually get there, and then that's one more thing that I've mastered in Excel.

Madhura
Madhura
Finance and Accounts Manager in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate
Buchhaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best Product Ever

5.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: Excel is my bread and butter. From simple addition-subtraction formulas, I have grown to creating Macros, Pivots in Excel. Excel is an integral part of my life as an accountant. I use it to manage accounts of a very small business firm instead of an ERP. Despite of using this for so many years, there is so much to learn and I keep finding new formulas on Tiktok or Instagram daily.

Being an accountant, this is the first software in office I learnt to use. I have been using this for more than 13 years now. I love the formulas so much, they make our lives easier and makes using this software so much quicker. Best software for reporting numbers in tabular form and shows accurate details of figures. The entire application can be run on a keyboard if you know the formulas.

There are too many formulas to remember, not a con exactly but it can be frustrating when you don't remember/find formula for the work you want to do. Difficult to work on excel with another colleague as it is offline and if I save it as sheets the format changes. If the offline file is corrupted, there is no way to recover it.

Nicholas
Nicholas
IT Manager in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The Go-To is still the most capable

4.0 vor 11 Monaten

Kommentare: I enjoy using and learning more about Excel. There are so many ways in which to use it that no review can truly capture the breadth and depth of its capability. When it is frustrating it is because of an inability of process or lack of me as a user being able to achieve what i know to be possible and thus I approach it as a puzzle to be unpacked.

Excel is a versatile spreadsheet application that continues to benefit from its age, the weight and momentum behind it, and the continued focus on it as core Office app. The variety of applications of this application are what continue make it a winner.

Stemming from the same positive attributes of its age and flexibility are the downsides to its age and flexibility - its overlapping years of feature additions and subtractions to the building more on top of pre-existing structures mean that somethings need to be unpacked in order to work how you'd like them too and the robustness of the product can be daunting. Knowing that you'll never know ALL that it is capable of and that the best way to achieve anything is to picture it and then hunker down for an evening of searching and learning.