Über Smartsheet

Smartsheet ist eine Plattform für die Ausführung von Online-Arbeiten, mit der Unternehmen jeder Größe ihre Arbeit planen, verwalten, automatisieren und Berichte erstellen können.

Erfahre mehr über Smartsheet

Zeigt 1.517 Bewertungen

Melanie C.
Sr. Supervisor, HIT Business Operations
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Versatile and Powerful Tool"

Kommentare: My company was already using Smartsheet for basic task tracking when I started. Upon discovering how we could use dashboards, our utilization took off! We have now designed solutions for departments company-wide, improving management's visibility to workloads and processes. It's impressive how many problems Smartsheet has been able to solve.

Vorteile: - Ease of Use - No need to involve programmers to create custom solutions
- Versatility - customizable sheets and dashboards for different departments and needs
- Support - AMAZING user forum, help pages, support department

Nachteile: Row and cell link limitations - I bump up against the cell link limitations often, although I can work around them by saving my metrics into multiple sheets.

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Andrea W.
Director of Programs
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2020

"Best thing since sliced bread"

Kommentare: This software makes everything we do so streamlined and easy. We literally load all of our projects into smartsheet so that we can all manage them. I don't think that I could do my job as efficiently without it. There is s certain project we do once a year where we update pricing on all website items with all of our suppliers. Being able to keep this data in SS, then send our suppliers update requests to load in the data has been a life saver! Keeping track of work along with managing the project has become a breeze.

Vorteile: The thing I like the most is the transparency or the collaboration. To be able to easily see what others are doing and manage them together, set reminders and send update requests is what makes our company run well.

Nachteile: I think there have been a few times that we have maxed out on number of lines. I don't know why that there is a throttle there, but that's probably my only complaint is that some of our sheets get large and max out!

Myca A.
Director, Customer Experience
Philanthropie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 8.2.2018

"Multi-functional Tool for Project Management"

Kommentare: One of my team members was able to create a content calendar for a broad editorial group within the platform and it worked great and had excellent adoption from a cross-functional team. Vet it carefully for your particular needs before making an investment -- SS has a lot to offer for the right projects.

Vorteile: SmartSheet provides a lot of great features: easy-to-use "card view", quick Gantt charts and easy entry of tasks. I really like the simplicity of the tool as it feels very much like Excel at first blush. The two levels of access -- one for power users and one for light editors -- helps keep the tool in a very affordable price range. I absolutely love the ability to create a web intake form within minutes that can be published live for use without a login to the system. The form is highly configurable and is a great way to grab structured feedback or details from individuals.

Nachteile: SmartSheet is not a fantastic project management tool for software development. While the web-based intake form is decent for reporting bugs and it is a relatively simplistic tool, tracking items from beginning to end and creating validation loops should be easy but is not. Granted, we were using the tool for something it wasn't technically designed for, but much of the functionality is available within the platform for "light" development teams. Unfortunately, the implementation of specific task-driven items simply wasn't where it needed to be.

• Quelle: SoftwareAdvice
  • Bewertet am 8.2.2018
Kristie S.
IT Business Manager
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2020

"Efficiency, Simplicity and Life-Changing!"

Kommentare: I am a devoted Excel fan, and the first time I used Smartsheet, I hated. I thought it was a dumb version of Excel. But gradually others in the organization did more and more with it and I continued to have issues with Shared Workbooks in Excel, I finally decided to give it another shot, and this time I would really look at it. I then realized it had the power of Excel and SharePoint and Nintex Forms, all in one program that was way easier to use than most of the others. I went from hating Smartsheet as my PMO was dragging it into my department, to owning 117 sheets, countless automations and data mesh configurations and data uploader configurations in less than a year. I completely rely on Smartsheet to get my daily work done now and I have lost 2 FTE without feeling any real pressure to replace them. Smartsheet has helped my team that much. I have become a complete Smartsheet nerd.

Vorteile: My favorite thing about this software is the simplicity of creating a very complex set of sheets, automation and forms. I work as a business person within the IT department and it is a tough limbo to exist in. You aren't really IT's customer, but you are not as skilled as an IT professional. I am often left to my own devices and de-prioritized so they can concentrate on our true customers. Smartsheet provided me a system that I did not need my IT department help. I was able to create a set of products (on a very base level, my own small Enterprise Resource Program) entirely alone that has improved my efficiency, quality of work and accuracy! I needed nothing more than my own skills and occasionally Smartsheet's Solution Center.

Nachteile: I am unfond of a few of the tiny limitations. I wish that reports weren't limited to 500 rows per page, and if that limit must exist, I wish there was a function to skip to a specific page. I reference a report that has 400+ lines of data multiple times throughout the day and it's mildly annoying to have to skip through 9 pages on the report to get to what I'm looking for. I have also had very lukewarm success with Data Uploader. It does not work as expected about 50% of the time. I would honestly give up on it entirely if it wasn't SO useful the other 50% of the time. I waste a lot of time saving and resaving documents and deleting and recreating configurations just to get data to upload.

Cory B.
Sr. Project Manager
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects"

Kommentare: Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Vorteile: Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

Nachteile: I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Nathan R.
Business Development Analyst and Marketing Manager
Vermögensverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2020

"Smartsheet is the Project Management Software of Choice"

Kommentare: I am planning projects, collaborating on large scale projects, and even managing our sales pipeline across eight separate sheets. We roll up our data into dashboards and are using some of the automation features; however, we could do so much more on that front.

Vorteile: Smartsheet is like Excel on steroids. It is a very powerful, yet simple to use software. It is easy for team members, regardless of whether they are paid subscribers, to easily collaborate on projects.

Nachteile: There are some specific project management tools that I would personally like to see implemented in this software that would give it an edge over other programs. However, these would affect the functionality very little and would be more bells and whistles.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2020
Mark K.
Timing Specialist
Automotive, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2020

"Smartsheet for program management, tracking and reporting"

Kommentare: Managing and reporting of programs and equipment purchases through buy-offs.

Vorteile: The ability to collaborate on a sheet is great. Being able to customize the schedules to provide statuses of tasks using formulas on the sheet provided us the ability to report program statuses. Being able to generate reports and consolidate the data into dashboard customization for our needs. Being able to have all associated files in a workspace that be duplicated and reconfigured for a new program is good.

Nachteile: There are limitations on the sheet levels regarding cell referencing. Depending on the total set of formulas on a sheet there can be performance issues. Creation on charts with assigned colors can be an issue since you need a data point of greater than zero to assign a color.

Danny S.
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2020

"Smart Sheet - Shared Excel without the Fear"

Kommentare: It has been great for collaboration and is easy for new users to learn - not nearly as daunting as Excel. It has helped us organize and streamline many things, and for project management it has been absolutely essential.

Vorteile: It is easy to use, web based, easily shareable, and very nimble, able to be used for a variety of applications.

Nachteile: Some of their support is more reliant on the community; logging in to view these things often takes you away from your original query. Would be nice if some Excel formulas worked without "translating" them to SmartSheet formulas (note: most formulas work just fine, but power users will find a few frustrating discrepancies).

Jamila G.
Project Task Management Consultant
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.7.2020

"Best for collaboration and remote working"

Vorteile: It allows the team to collaborate while some members are in office and others are at work. Smartsheet can be applied to so many of the organisation's needs. We use this software for several things including internal data collection with forms, project management, meeting management and storing reference material.

Nachteile: Because of my experience with Microsoft Project I do sometimes get frustrated that some higher level functions are not there. For example, it would be great to export and print project dashboards as a form of reporting. For the price though, it gets the job done.

• Bewertet am 15.7.2020
Laura B.
IT PM
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"Easy to use, and affordable"

Vorteile: The software is pretty intuitive. What I wasn't able to figure out easily on my own, I learned when I took a certification course during Engage (2018). I also appreciate that Smartsheet has a robust product roadmap, and that new features are introduced often.

Nachteile: I would like the ability to export out rows from sheets, instead of full sheets. I have a master sheet where I keep all of my active projects. When I close the project, I'd like to be able to export the comments for that just that project/row, into my archived project in SharePoint.

Maarten D.
Operations Assistant
Bau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.7.2020

"A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy"

Kommentare: I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Vorteile: SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Nachteile: The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Kat W.
Business Process Engineer
Marketing & Werbung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.7.2020

"Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!"

Kommentare: I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap. With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

Vorteile: There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Nachteile: Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers. My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

James C.
Commercial Manager
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2020

"A bit un-human and cheeky"

Kommentare: Disconnected - we use InfusionSoft and despite the software being hard to use sometimes and changes happen constantly, they have mitigated risk of leaving by investing in human contact and support. I posted something to the Smartsheet community and hear nothing.

Vorteile: Collaboration
Action features
How to tutorials/onboarding is good
Webforms

Nachteile: Lack of a chat support system or ticketing system
The upsell on functions - have free collaborators now having to pay to do things they could of done prior even though they had been using the system for years. Understand if certain features are now paid to commercialise the product, however I think it is unfair to penalise historic users. If you looked at a micro level with us you will see a 200% growth in our subscription over its lifetime and I feel this short term and automated upsell could and has damaged perceptions of the overall product. 18 months ago I would of been a 10 regarding recommedations and now it is less.

Kirstine L.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2020

"Great software to create a bespoke solution"

Kommentare: I work for a small construction company who used to keep all their information "in their heads, or on the back of a fag packet"!!! This has revolutionised the way they work and not only stopped them from forgetting things but also given them the ability to look at live costs and income. They now have a dashboard to see the 'big picture', individual Reports to show their own specific projects, an automated transfer of information to accounts when they mark a job as complete, reminders, comments so they can stay up to date with any info added by other people, and so many other little 'life hacks' that make their lives easier. Smartsheet has changed the way we all work immeasurably for the better. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Vorteile: I love the Smartsheet Community who will help you find ways to adapt Smartsheet to suit each individual need you may have. I've been using the software for years and every time I've wanted to use it for something new we've found a way! Sometimes there have been delays due to the capacity not being there YET, but it's easy to submit a Product Enhancement Request. There are updates and innovations ALL THE TIME and while they're not shoved down your throat, there's plenty of support out there if you want it, not only from the Community but also videos and webinars (live or recorded). If you've got the motivation and imagination then I think the possibilities are unlimited, without needing to be a programmer or have any coding knowledge.

Nachteile: There's not much I can say that's bad about Smartsheet. I find it slightly difficult that it's very US based and I'm in the UK, but that's true of most comparable software. I'm also not keen on the Learning Centre as it sometimes assumes a level of knowledge that is beyond me and I find it incomprehensible! It's not a problem though as I can easily turn to the Community!

Carissa J.
Director Enrollment
Hochschulbildung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.12.2019

"Very robust collaboration tool"

Kommentare: We have used Smartsheet for quite a few years to help manage projects, day-to-day items, operational calendars, and other items at our higher ed institution. This tool has been a tremendous help with making it easier to collaborate with other companies, as well as increase the efficiency with certain tasks among our department and other departments at our institution. Smartsheet is a very easy tool to learn and use and provides a great amount of functionality in one place to collaborate across groups. I would highly recommend this product to companies, large or small, if they have multiple projects that they need to manage frequently. The ROI for this product is good if you use it all of the time. If you don't, it can end up being an expensive tool for collaboration while there are many alternative competitors out there that may be a better option financially.

Vorteile: Smartsheet provides a very robust collaboration tool among teams and teams from other companies. The ability to show timelines, comments, attachments, and dates - all in one place - make it very easy to stay on track with projects. This tool also provides a very nice mobile and app platform to work off of while out on the go. We utilize the professional (paid) version to encompass all of the features that we need and are no longer offered in the free version, such as the ability to email directly from the sheet, send for updates, and utilize the reminder functions. Emailing directly from the sheet is a great feature since it allows you to send the comments, attachments, and info from the line all in one easy-to-read email. You can also cc yourself on the email so that you know that it was sent.

Nachteile: One of the things about Smartsheet that could be updated is the ability to copy info from one sheet and create a new sheet. For example, my team utilizes this tool for registration for certain programs at our university. The ability to copy the entire sheet (with all of the info and attachments) onto a new sheet and update the dates, or minimal information, would be a great function to have. The other option would be to allow more functionality in the free version (which was previously there). The update to only allowing email sends from a single line in the professional (paid) version now is a bit challenging when we only budgeted for a certain amount of licenses for the academic year (and we all know how stingy higher ed budgets are right now)

• Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Cecilia G.
Marketinh Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

"Awesome software"

Kommentare: I love Smarsheet because it made my work easier. Now I can have collaboration from my entire company and get fast results.

Vorteile: -easy to use and costumize
-more than one user can modify simultaneously
-you can add your company's logo
-you can set group and individual reminders
- Cell history, which can tell who and when it was modified.
-different views: calendar, grid, card, and Gantt

Nachteile: - not all reminders can be set with time to remind
- can't add a conditional formatting based on time
- if your Smartsheet is big, formulas added can take forever to update the information, so you need to refresh it all times, even if you change settings to save automatically.

Nick B.
QA Coordinator
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Quick Spreadsheets that allow for collaboration"

Kommentare: I solve the problem of tracking how my employees profit on many small profit/small margin projects. This allows me to see who is struggling the most and who is not. My team specifically focuses on education, hospitals, and non-profits. So maintaining margins to not lose any money is important. I wrote up a story about it here: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/example-advanced-smartsheet-reporting-interconnectivity I've pulled off absolutely amazing things. I'm willing to go into detail and share more of what we were able to accomplish. Many of Smartsheet's examples do not solve business problems, but they do help us learn how to solve our own!

Vorteile: I absolutely love how quick and easy it is to use Smartsheet. The formulas have great documentation and it helps tremendously when trying to learn and accomplish new tasks. You can pull off amazing things if you sit down and build it. I was able to build a completely automated revenue and labor estimator that shows me how profitable each member of my team is. Many of the applications we built, the community was clueless how to build it. We were able to accomplish some very unique dashboards & spreadsheets that make our lives easier. I can now make business decisions on a whim, without having to spend hours of research about the effect of one decision on our numbers.

Nachteile: I dislike how many features such as the dynamic view or the workspace deployment feature is locked behind an expensive addon. And when inquiring about customer service we were told it "isn't" a fit for us. But yet, Smartsheet cannot give us a demo to experiment or test them out? Smartsheet is nickle and diming things a lot. Smartsheet is >not< small business friendly. It is really a shame because these tools are absolutely 100% amazing. It also surprises me how little the community interactions are. There are many great suggestions for features that are standard in Excel and Google Sheets, that Smartsheet blandly ignored for years, and sometimes says "coming soon" and years later we still don't have it.

Sara G.
Product Strategy Manager
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"Love the versatility"

Kommentare: I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

Vorteile: I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

Nachteile: All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Rick F.
Senior Director, Dynamic Pricing Execution
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"Excellent alternative to traditional spreadsheets and project management tools and processes"

Kommentare: We use it for all project implementations to manage collaboration with our clients - project plans, decision logs, issue logs, contact lists, action item lists, document sharing, etc. We also use it internally for similar activities. I even use it on my team for very efficient weekly status reporting. We even link it to JIRA for automatically syncing sheets and reports to that system for managing product releases and product support. We love it!!!

Vorteile: Very easy to learn and get users onboard quickly. Works much like Excel yet with much more document sharing functionality and the notifications service is most beneficial to us. Very cost efficient in that our clients don't need to purchase a license so we use this to collaborate with them for our project work.

Nachteile: Very little not to like. Advanced functionality we need to not alwasys there, however, Smartsheet comes out with new features a few times a year and they always very helpful. Biggest complaint is that we have not yet figured out how to provide users edit access to a group and yet limit certain sheets within that group to viewer only. Would also like to see more options for backups and restores.

Sarantos P.
Vice President of Operations

"Smartsheet Review"

Kommentare: We use the software to track daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. We work with hundreds of clients who send in requests each week, and the software allows us to track the requests, and progress of the tasks.

Vorteile: Simplicity of use. Minimal downtime. Customer support has been great, and very responsive. Communication when downtime will occur, or when issues are taking place.

Nachteile: I do not have any issues or complaints regarding the software.

Darrin B.
Staatsverwaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Quick points"

Vorteile: ·Being able to share a spreadsheet with other users in real-time.
· Like that users can complete a form to populate a spreadsheet to include uploading documents and that update requests could be sent to that user if a correction needs to be made or additional info is needed. The user then make the change(s) to the cell requested.

Nachteile: ·Recently a change was made whereas a non-licensed user can no longer send update requests. We use Smartsheet to have student teachers complete some info pursuant to state law. When the student makes an error, we used to send an update request to have them correct a cell. Now only a licensed user can send those notifications, so we most likely will utilize regular emails for these changes or not use Smartsheet for this work.
·As of Monday (9.30.19), how the system used "comments" changed from a pop-up box that let you enter into a field, save that info and now click anywhere and that pop-up box disappeared. Now it opens "Conversations" which now blocks the right side of the spreadsheet and you must now click on the X to close it out. It also holds all of the comments made to the entire sheet which is more info that I need. Typically if a comment is added to a row, I just click on the comment bubble to that row instead of viewing all of the comments to the sheet.
·When an update request is sent and the person makes the correction, this information is not clearly discernible when viewing the sheet. Turning on notifications turns on too many notifications so this was not an option. The workaround is, I add a "note sent"column that I check when an update request is sent. I then review the sheet and look for rows that have "note sent" checked and now no longer have the pending update icon to look for corrections.
·Need better form controls (field limits, date fields, etc.).

Amanda H.

"Collaboration made easy"

Kommentare: Smartsheet saves us time and makes it easier to collaborate and share updates across all of our projects. We appreciate the constant improvements and the walk through introduction when bigger changes are rolled out.

Vorteile: Smartsheet has been a lifesaver for group collaboration. My team runs multiple projects simultaneously, and the scopes of these projects are constantly changing. Smartsheet allows for the team to update their pieces of the puzzle and send alerts about changes in one environment. We've actually replaced endless back and forth emails with the comments function in the comment section so that all pertinent information about an issue exists in the platform itself for easy reference. We can track our gantt chart, program data, and group communications in one place. I= We're also utilizing Smartsheet for people outside of our organization. Smartsheet allows us to select the type of visibility that clients have to data (through settings or via dashboards) so we can control the story that we're sharing with our clients. This has been a big time saver as it eliminates the need for extra reporting on data that is already avilailable online. Our clients have shared positive feedback about Smartsheet forms which we've been using to collect survey data and for event registration. The forms have allowed us to cancel our account for SurveyMonkey (which we used for several years previous to Smartsheet).

Nachteile: The main pain point I have with Smartsheet is the fact that not all of my favorite Excel formulas work in Smartsheet. The formulas also don't always work the same way as they do in Excel so there's a bit of a learning curve. Smartsheet needs to allow a Time function. We use Smartsheet to register individuals for events, and right now we're having to program Time as a text. This means we can't use formulas to change times based on Timezones. I also still miss when the recent sheets appeared as tabs at the top of the webpage. The new recent tabs menu works well, but I found the tab view easier to navigate.

Rob D.
Clinical Business Analyst
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"We use Smartsheet for Project Management"

Kommentare: As I mentioned, we use Smartsheet extensively for project planning and project management. But we also use it to run a help desk for our Electronic Health Record System. Here the forms feature comes in really handy. Users fill out a form to add tasks to the help desk. We also use it to manage our individual tasks and queues. And our development department is building sheets to track donations and plan promotions. We often export the data and use it to build Tableau reports.

Vorteile: Projects are easy to set up with the built in functionality. There are lots of built in templates that you can use. But we have found it most helpful to build our own templates. We really appreciate being able to add dependencies, working and non working days, and duration. Then the start and end dates fill in automatically. We have found that the learning curve is not nearly as steep for Smartsheet as it was for Microsoft Project. Another really helpful feature is being able to use formulas in the Project Plan. Our team schedules our work using a points system. I was able to create formulas that take the number of points for that task and who is assigned to that task to create a point breakdown for each person or team assigned. We then use the linking feature to link the total points for the project, the points accomplished, and the status of the project to a master "Queue" sheet. Smartsheet has special formula values available for children and ancestors of a task. So, we use a simple =Sum(Children()) formula to add up the points. Actually, the formulas end up being more complicated because we can test whether the row has children or not and do different things depending on the test. For instance, when summing the work completed if the task has no children, then the product of the percent complete and points gives us the number of points completed. If the row is a parent, then the formula sums the children.

Nachteile: For project planning the resources feature is not as helpful as it could be. The main reason is that if a staff is assigned to a row during a particular time, the resource function assumes that they are 100% allocated for that time. So, if you have three tasks that overlap, the resource allocations shows 300%. We have mitigated that by routinely filling in 30% allocation for each resource. This helps to take into account the fact that a task although it lasts a full week won't take up all the staff's time. One idea I have had recently--but haven't tried yet--is to make a formula that takes the number of points for the task and assigns an appropriate allocation number based on points per week. The other feature that we haven't found useful is the "Critical Path." How the software determines what is on the critical path is a mystery. I'm not sure why it chooses some tasks that have dependencies filled in, but not others that seem to be just as important.

Jordan K.
Director of Technology
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"Versatile Project Management Tool"

Kommentare: We use Smartsheet in lots of ways -- from spinning up dashboards to show our operations teams how they're doing on any given day to managing data transfers from sales to operations to crafting project plans for implementations to tracking survey responses when projects are completed. It's an incredibly versatile tool that, with a little creativity, can produce amazing results.

Vorteile: I love how accessible and customizable the product is. We're able to make it do so much to integrate various departments and help work flow across the organization.

Nachteile: Some of the features aren't carried from sheet to sheet when you save as a Template or save a project as "new", and having to reconfigure alert rules can be time consuming.

Director of Project Management
Konsumgüter, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.10.2019

"Excellent project management tool!"

Kommentare: I joined my team in 2017 and was asked to establish our PM management system - knowing that I didn't have the budget for some of the more robust tools, I needed to find one that wasn't only user friendly but had all the capabilities I needed to create the complex timelines and reporting that I needed. Smartsheet was recommended to me and when I finally did a walk through I felt like it would be the perfect fit for my needs. Since then, I've been able to setup the platform and project management system for my team and we adjust it as needed along the way with ease. We also have been able to find uses outside of my project management needs to track form responses and other data management needs.

Vorteile: easy to set-up processes, ongoing product improvements and additions, great team capabilities, quick and easy adoption due to familiarity of tool to MS Project/Excel style, many different uses outside of projects timelines, very cost effective

Nachteile: interface feels dated (although they're continuously working on this) and not created for non-project team members, dashboard tool and capabilities could use some improvements, sometimes creating cross-functional sheets can be clunky and unnecessarily complex.